PDA

View Full Version : pacific = red majority, europe = blue majority ???

tolodada
09-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Hi everybody,

was just wondering: typically, in european online scenarios, there are much more blue players. On the pacific side, its generally a red majority.

What is it ?

Its not the plane set .. in pacific, I, personally at least, would definitely prefer the blue planes, european, I believe, it does not make very much of a difference.

Is it a sort of attraction to the dark side in european theatre ??? Maybe in pacific dark side is not bad enough, and people prefer to be the heroes ?

Would be really interesting to hear your opinion ...

Happy flying, saludos a todos, salut a tous, viel spass noch !

Serpentmaster09
09-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by tolodada:
Hi everybody,

was just wondering: typically, in european online scenarios, there are much more blue players. On the pacific side, its generally a red majority.

What is it ?

Its not the plane set .. in pacific, I, personally at least, would definitely prefer the blue planes, european, I believe, it does not make very much of a difference.

Is it a sort of attraction to the dark side in european theatre ??? Maybe in pacific dark side is not bad enough, and people prefer to be the heroes ?

Depends on what server you are flying on. If you are on a server like greater green or Zekes vs wildcats where the admin are intrested more in historical accuracy than padding the numbers then the teams will be allot more balanced. They wont always be balance but most of the time they are. If you are on a server where you are guaranteed to fly your favorite latewar ubercrate the teams will be unbalanced. Right now the allied birds kind of suck after the last patch compaired to the very nice 109s and 190s and now the latewar German stuff is in style. But hopefully if it is true that we might just get a 150 octane jug to fly around to go with the p-38 Late. On the pacific front, the allies have the advantage and the only thing the axis have going for them is the ki-84 when you consider the latewar uberset. There are allot of oline folk who just want to get in the air and just blow up as much stuff as they can so they can run and grin over their stats. They will always try to fly the best aircraft no matter what server they are on. The good thing is that the historical based servers like greater green, Zekes vs wildcats and spits vs 109s weeds out the point hags and stat hunters. The missions are more challenging allong with the aircraft and settings.

ashley2005
09-05-2005, 08:50 PM
i was brought up by darth vader so naturaly i choose the dark side http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

jeroen-79
09-06-2005, 02:51 AM
Maybe it is a preference for 'western' (United States, Great Britain, Germany) planes over 'eastern' (Soviet Union, Japan) planes.
Or people don't want to play the 'commie' side when they can't be American.

I wonder what statistics would look like if you put the Soviets and Western Allies apart instead of just 'Red'.
Where do most European fights take place? East or West?

LEBillfish
09-06-2005, 07:55 AM
Nationalities, planes as to a historical fav., era political views, etc. really have little to do with it.......

Point blank and as a guess to numbers, you have 3 sorts of players here....

1. Those that fly whichever side and even plane to make the server balanced, often even deliberately taking a very inferior plane to test themselves further.....
2. Those that fly a particular side and plane due to historical interest, rarely if they can help it flying different.
3. Those that will pick the plane they feel has the best chance of victory regardless of current server odds or plane era others are flying......

Respectively, I'd say it's roughly 30-20-50% of players as to each group.

.......Issues jeroen-79? There are no more "commies", Imperialist Japanese, Fascist Italians, or Nazi's except for a few select kooks out there equivalent to Al'Qaeda.

p1ngu666
09-06-2005, 08:08 AM
the japanease planes are a disapointing mostly
so are the allied ETO planes

and alot of the german fliers are american, so they wanna switch to the american side in the PTO

i fly both http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Hoarmurath
09-06-2005, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by LEBillfish:
.......Issues jeroen-79? There are no more "commies", Imperialist Japanese, Fascist Italians, or Nazi's except for a few select kooks out there equivalent to Al'Qaeda.

No more commies? Communism is still going well in a number of countries, and btw, associating communism with fascism, nazism, and terrorism seem really weird. Communism as an ideology is certainly not worst than american capitalism, not better either.

LEBillfish
09-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Hoarmurath:
No more commies? Communism is still going well in a number of countries, and btw, associating communism with fascism, nazism, and terrorism seem really weird. Communism as an ideology is certainly not worst than american capitalism, not better either.

Not the point Hoarmurath.....Point being if you fly Soviet, German, Japanese, Italian....It does not make YOU a Communist (as viewed as the great threat to the West), a Nazi, I.Japanese or Fascist...Those days are thankfully gone except for those that would like to rekindle them.

However......Not the point of the thread back to "Server Odds/Side Choices"......

Tater-SW-
09-06-2005, 08:31 AM

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM

Yeah, 100+ million dead is no big deal.

tater

Tater-SW-
09-06-2005, 08:34 AM
I'd add that I agree with lebillfish regarding the players.

I also play WW2OL, and it's odd, most europeans on the continent play german almost exclusively. The brits and americans seem to play both sides. (since the game world persists 24/7 the difference in who plays what side where can unbalance things, so it's noticable different times of day).

tater

BSS_CUDA
09-06-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Serpentmaster09:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tolodada:
Hi everybody,

What is it ?

Depends on what server you are flying on. If you are on a server like greater green or Zekes vs wildcats where the admin are intrested more in historical accuracy than padding the numbers then the teams will be allot more balanced. They wont always be balance but most of the time they are. If you are on a server where you are guaranteed to fly your favorite latewar ubercrate the teams will be unbalanced. Right now the allied birds kind of suck after the last patch compaired to the very nice 109s and 190s and now the latewar German stuff is in style. But hopefully if it is true that we might just get a 150 octane jug to fly around to go with the p-38 Late. On the pacific front, the allies have the advantage and the only thing the axis have going for them is the ki-84 when you consider the latewar uberset. There are allot of oline folk who just want to get in the air and just blow up as much stuff as they can so they can run and grin over their stats. They will always try to fly the best aircraft no matter what server they are on. The good thing is that the historical based servers like greater green, Zekes vs wildcats and spits vs 109s weeds out the point hags and stat hunters. The missions are more challenging allong with the aircraft and settings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so when did GG, Zeke's and spit's do away with thier stats pages????? oh thats right they didnt did they. so ya got point *****'s there too then huh http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Hoarmurath
09-06-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Tater-SW-:
I'd add that I agree with lebillfish regarding the players.

I also play WW2OL, and it's odd, most europeans on the continent play german almost exclusively. The brits and americans seem to play both sides. (since the game world persists 24/7 the difference in who plays what side where can unbalance things, so it's noticable different times of day).

tater

lol, obviously you know nothing about what is played by continental europeans in FB. Online wars show them playing both sides equally.

Concerning your link, i presume it is McCarthy nostalgia?

geetarman
09-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Simple - since 4.01, the German planes fly easier, stay in the air better with damage, and hit harder than the US and British planes. There is no mystery about this. The blue pilots aren't better than the red pilots, nor are they better team players than red. That is all nonsense. The blue fliers of German planes are having their salad days with this patch. because, pound for pound, are better than the reds.

Tater-SW-
09-06-2005, 11:39 AM
I never said anything at all about who plays what in FB. I mentioned WW2 Online as another game, with balance issues in terms of numbers of players on each side. Please quote where I said it applied to FB/PF.

I assume from your trite McCarthy comment that you are a communist yourself? The author in question is a historian who wrote a book call Death by Government which chronicles the use of government power to murder the people. He coined the term "democide" which includes forced famine, genocide, politicide, etc. He deals with democide going quitre far back, and in fact includes things like the Allied area bombing campaigns (~600k democides), the deaths/deprivations due to the slavery of Africans (~17M (not all to North America, the bulk was the Arab slave trade)), and the conquest of the Americas. Of course those numbers are noise compared to the CCCP and PRC (closely followed by 1933-1945 Germany). His overarching thesis is borne out by history---that authoritarianism is grossly more likely to commit mass murder on its citizenry (and occupied countries) than democracy.

'BTW, he cites his sources, and shows his statistical work to decide which estimates to take since they vary widely (low for CCCP is around 20 million , high is over 120 million He uses multiple sources and come up with ~62M as a reasonable estimate for democide in the CCCP, for example.

If you don't want to read any of that, you could always read the French book (I have it in English) The Black Book of Communism. Their numbers for the CCCP are lower, but their numbers for the PRC are higher. Still approaches 100 million dead.

tater

Hoarmurath
09-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Tater-SW-:
I never said anything at all about who plays what in FB. I mentioned WW2 Online as another game, with balance issues in terms of numbers of players on each side. Please quote where I said it applied to FB/PF.

I assume from your trite McCarthy comment that you are a communist yourself? The author in question is a historian who wrote a book call Death by Government which chronicles the use of government power to murder the people. He coined the term "democide" which includes forced famine, genocide, politicide, etc. He deals with democide going quitre far back, and in fact includes things like the Allied area bombing campaigns (~600k democides), the deaths/deprivations due to the slavery of Africans (~17M (not all to North America, the bulk was the Arab slave trade)), and the conquest of the Americas. Of course those numbers are noise compared to the CCCP and PRC (closely followed by 1933-1945 Germany). His overarching thesis is borne out by history---that authoritarianism is grossly more likely to commit mass murder on its citizenry (and occupied countries) than democracy.

'BTW, he cites his sources, and shows his statistical work to decide which estimates to take since they vary widely (low for CCCP is around 20 million , high is over 120 million He uses multiple sources and come up with ~62M as a reasonable estimate for democide in the CCCP, for example.

If you don't want to read any of that, you could always read the French book (I have it in English) The Black Book of Communism. Their numbers for the CCCP are lower, but their numbers for the PRC are higher. Still approaches 100 million dead.

tater

No, i'm not communist. I'm not even affiliated to any political party. I'm just sick of reading US people bashing communism, when they have behind them a pretty dirty history of supporting authoritarians governments, drug lords, and anybody to suit their foreign policy at any price. You have no right to judge them. Whatever people can have done in name of communism is only their responsability, not the one of this political ideology, like i presume all dirty things made by americans representatives was their responsability, and not the one of their country.

And honestly, i'm especially sick of having your compatriots bringing here this political ****, about which nobody care. Your political opinions have nothing to do in this forum, period. If you reread my posts, you will notice that I don't state my political opinions. This is because i respect the community.

So you can take your links, your books, and your opinions, and shove them up your @ss... I'm here to speak about planes, period.

VMF-214_HaVoK
09-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by BSS_CUDA:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serpentmaster09:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tolodada:
Hi everybody,

What is it ?

Depends on what server you are flying on. If you are on a server like greater green or Zekes vs wildcats where the admin are intrested more in historical accuracy than padding the numbers then the teams will be allot more balanced. They wont always be balance but most of the time they are. If you are on a server where you are guaranteed to fly your favorite latewar ubercrate the teams will be unbalanced. Right now the allied birds kind of suck after the last patch compaired to the very nice 109s and 190s and now the latewar German stuff is in style. But hopefully if it is true that we might just get a 150 octane jug to fly around to go with the p-38 Late. On the pacific front, the allies have the advantage and the only thing the axis have going for them is the ki-84 when you consider the latewar uberset. There are allot of oline folk who just want to get in the air and just blow up as much stuff as they can so they can run and grin over their stats. They will always try to fly the best aircraft no matter what server they are on. The good thing is that the historical based servers like greater green, Zekes vs wildcats and spits vs 109s weeds out the point hags and stat hunters. The missions are more challenging allong with the aircraft and settings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so when did GG, Zeke's and spit's do away with thier stats pages????? oh thats right they didnt did they. so ya got point *****'s there too then huh http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually Cuda if you take a look at the stats of the pilots that fly those servers you will find that it would appear they dont care too much about stats. Only a select few have terrific k/d ratios. Does this mean that the ones that have bad k/d ratios could not attain a terrific one? Absolutly not. Its seems to me (and Im quite certain many would agree) that the pilots who fly those respective servers care more about fun and mission objectives then they do their own personal stats...IMHO.
S~

HayateAce
09-06-2005, 04:51 PM
So you can take your links, your books, and your opinions, and shove them up your @ss...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Looks like you went down with Tater's first "punch."

http://www.goodbyemag.com/nov98/moore_down_b4_patrsn.jpg

jeroen-79
09-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by LEBillfish:
.......Issues jeroen-79? There are no more "commies", Imperialist Japanese, Fascist Italians, or Nazi's except for a few select kooks out there equivalent to Al'Qaeda. No issues, I was merely illustrating my assertion about player's motives to prefer one side over the other.

And there are people who will complain about 'having to play the enemy' in games like Silent Hunter or LOMAC.

p1ngu666
09-06-2005, 05:44 PM
its how the regime does its business tbh.
u can have mass murdering commies, and captists, neither is good.

theres humous stuff too, like cuba has lower infant mortality rate than america http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

oh and if the wealth of america was collected, and handed out equaly, average person would be twice as rich, roughly http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

BSS_CUDA
09-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BSS_CUDA:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serpentmaster09:
Hi everybody,

What is it ?

so when did GG, Zeke's and spit's do away with thier stats pages????? oh thats right they didnt did they. so ya got point *****'s there too then huh http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually Cuda if you take a look at the stats of the pilots that fly those servers you will find that it would appear they dont care too much about stats. Only a select few have terrific k/d ratios. Does this mean that the ones that have bad k/d ratios could not attain a terrific one? Absolutly not. Its seems to me (and Im quite certain many would agree) that the pilots who fly those respective servers care more about fun and mission objectives then they do their own personal stats...IMHO.
S~ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe the PPL that don't fly those servers fly more Realistic thats why their stats are better http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Serpentmaster09
09-06-2005, 06:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BSS_CUDA:
Hi everybody,

What is it ?

S~ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe the PPL that don't fly those servers fly more Realistic thats why their stats are better http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WoWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW you are reallllllllllly good because you can take your latewar ubercrate can blow stuff up in one pass. Please post some more of you little stats I'm sooooooooooooo impressed. I like the fact that I can choose the B-17 killing 108 plasma cannons and blow up a poor lil-ole fighter. oops I forgot no one flys bombers in your little hangout so why should I use 108s. Oh thats right, I want to pad my stats. Now if we can just add stars, a few imperial battle cruisers, with R2D2 pointing out the bad guys for us we can simulate a couple of star wars dogfights. But of coarse you would want to fly the death star http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

VMF-214_HaVoK
09-06-2005, 07:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
Hi everybody,

What is it ?

S~ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe the PPL that don't fly those servers fly more Realistic thats why their stats are better http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hit and run? Boom and Zoom? Not too hard Cuda. Been doing it since IL2. My point is not all servers that run stats have virtual pilots who care about them as much as another server crowd may. Simply put that anyone who has flown this sim for awhile can achieve a good k/d ratio. If that is all that hope to achieve. Think about it...if you really really wanted to you could fly and never die and obtain a few kills along the way. Its not hard it just requires patience. K/D ratio and such goes out the window when flying in most PTO servers though after a few hours. With spawn collisions on carriers and whatnot.

Ya, ya back to my original point...stats are important to a select few and I would guess a very low percentage of the entire online community. Personaly I like stats and try to keep a good record if not for anything else, then for my own personal ego. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

VMF-214_HaVoK
09-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Serpentmaster09:
Hi everybody,

What is it ?

S~ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WoWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW you are reallllllllllly good because you can take your latewar ubercrate can blow stuff up in one pass. Please post some more of you little stats I'm sooooooooooooo impressed. I like the fact that I can choose the B-17 killing 108 plasma cannons and blow up a poor lil-ole fighter. oops I forgot no one flys bombers in your little hangout so why should I use 108s. Oh thats right, I want to pad my stats. Now if we can just add stars, a few imperial battle cruisers, with R2D2 pointing out the bad guys for us we can simulate a couple of star wars dogfights. But of coarse you would want to fly the death star http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume your little rant there is at Cuda. Well since he is not here let me tell you...he flys for the Allied and incase you have not noticed we have no Mark108s. Ofcoarse you knew that right? Just like you know how he thinks...right? Thats what I thought. Carry on. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

LEBillfish
09-06-2005, 07:58 PM
*yawns*..........

Serpentmaster09
09-06-2005, 09:16 PM
Hi everybody,

What is it ?

S~ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WoWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW you are reallllllllllly good because you can take your latewar ubercrate can blow stuff up in one pass. Please post some more of you little stats I'm sooooooooooooo impressed. I like the fact that I can choose the B-17 killing 108 plasma cannons and blow up a poor lil-ole fighter. oops I forgot no one flys bombers in your little hangout so why should I use 108s. Oh thats right, I want to pad my stats. Now if we can just add stars, a few imperial battle cruisers, with R2D2 pointing out the bad guys for us we can simulate a couple of star wars dogfights. But of coarse you would want to fly the death star http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume your little rant there is at Cuda. Well since he is not here let me tell you...he flys for the Allied and incase you have not noticed we have no Mark108s. Ofcoarse you knew that right? Just like you know how he thinks...right? Thats what I thought. Carry on. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never implied that he flew for the axis. I even used myself as an example. I assume that he enjoys flying for allies according to his sig. My entire argument is basically that on greater green, zekes vs wildcats , and spits vs 109s your not going to have everyone and his mother trying to fly the best big gunned uberplane and unbalanced teams as much as some servers loaded with nothing but latewar aircraft. I certainly wont go up against a 109G6as with the a 108 while I'm flying a P-40. I would hop in a P-47D,P-51, Spit IX, or P-38Late. And yes some do say that the 50s dont do cr@p against the 109s and 190s but I beg to differ. I think they are pretty effective if you dont try to shoot from 1000 yards.

VMF-214_HaVoK
09-07-2005, 07:59 PM
That is the longest quote thread I have ever seen. Has to be some type of record. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Rgr Serpent I apologize. But I do think you misunderstood Cuda's remarks.
S!

BSS_CUDA
09-07-2005, 10:11 PM

Ya, ya back to my original point...stats are important to a select few and I would guess a very low percentage of the entire online community. Personaly I like stats and try to keep a good record if not for anything else, then for my own personal ego. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I personally like the stats, it show me where I improve and where I don't. it helps me to be more patient and think more about my flying, uhm ya ego I like the whole ego thing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I was originally responding to serpent before he went 6 year old on me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif, my conversation with him is done. it was his backhanded slap of certain servers and how they have stats *****'s, totally disregarding the fact that any server has stats *****s with or without stats pages. some ppl will fly only the plane that gives them the advantage, you will see them flying the 109's with the MK108, the LA-7, the F4U-C, or the KI84-C, all the planes that are considered UBER and banned from alot servers, they shoot over shoulders and pounce on obvious kills just to get that extra 100. then there are the pilot that fly a plane purely for the love of it. come hell or high water the are faithfull to that plane, those are the ppl that I can respect. points arent important to them how they fly and how they RTB with their wingman is. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

RAF74_Poker
09-08-2005, 07:38 AM
There are stat *****s on every server.

I'd like to care about my stats, and I'd like to survive more, but most of the time I'm having too much fun to really care about it.

Anyone who knows me knows I'll do some dumb stuff online.
If I snake your kill ... well, sorry, I just saw the shot and took it ... no biggie.
There's plenty I have damaged enough to put them out of the fight and let them go, only to see someone else shoot the final shot and get the kill ... no biggie .. unless I think you're sitting back and letting me do the work, just so you can take the kill without the danger .. then I'm a little testy.
I don't care who really gets the kill, so long as someone on our side does.
To me, it's all about having fun ... getting on comms and enjoying yourself online w/ friends. If I wanted stress I'd play Jobsim v1.0 or some other ****.
The only 2 servers I fly on ar WC and Z&W.
Pacific, I fly blue, mostly a Betty or a Val. Just love dogfighting with those bombers !
ETO I fly red .. need that fighter fix., and I guess I'm a sucker for punishment, but I like the challenge of flying against superior numbers/planes... that and I won't be caught dead flying the noob190 ! I tried it once .. was boring as hell .. besides, on WC TS the reds always have more on comms, and have more fun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Either way .. it's about having fun. It's not like anyone worries when they see me enter the server ... but hopefully those on TS with me will enjoy their flying time .. working as a team, and with the occasional smile. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Loki-PF
09-08-2005, 08:07 AM

LOL Yea... Communism is *big* success!

The great man desires freedom and freemarkets to achieve and realize his dreams with hard work and build something worthwhile.

The lesser man desires Socialism/Communism so that no one can do better than him regardless of how incompetent he is.

And no Hoarmurath, you are not here to talk about planes as your quote above proves. Your here to talk out of your @ss and hate Americans.

Good on ya mate. You got nothing.

Loki-PF
09-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by RAF74_Poker:
There are stat *****s on every server.

I'd like to care about my stats, and I'd like to survive more, but most of the time I'm having too much fun to really care about it.

Anyone who knows me knows I'll do some dumb stuff online.
If I snake your kill ... well, sorry, I just saw the shot and took it ... no biggie.
There's plenty I have damaged enough to put them out of the fight and let them go, only to see someone else shoot the final shot and get the kill ... no biggie .. unless I think you're sitting back and letting me do the work, just so you can take the kill without the danger .. then I'm a little testy.
I don't care who really gets the kill, so long as someone on our side does.
To me, it's all about having fun ... getting on comms and enjoying yourself online w/ friends. If I wanted stress I'd play Jobsim v1.0 or some other ****.
The only 2 servers I fly on ar WC and Z&W.
Pacific, I fly blue, mostly a Betty or a Val. Just love dogfighting with those bombers !
ETO I fly red .. need that fighter fix., and I guess I'm a sucker for punishment, but I like the challenge of flying against superior numbers/planes... that and I won't be caught dead flying the noob190 ! I tried it once .. was boring as hell .. besides, on WC TS the reds always have more on comms, and have more fun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Either way .. it's about having fun. It's not like anyone worries when they see me enter the server ... but hopefully those on TS with me will enjoy their flying time .. working as a team, and with the occasional smile. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Roger that RAF74_Poker! The way I see it there are only a couple of main categories of people that fly online.

1)those that want to accomplish the mission objectives

2)those that are only interested in dogfighting and k/d ratios

3)those that will only fly a certain plane type regardless of mission objectives or server balance, (coughFW-190cough)

I'm with you on the having too much fun flying multiple aircraft and co operating with others to try and win the objectives to care about the K/D ratios. Besides, it's hard to fluff the ole K/D ratio when trucking 2x250Kg bombs to the front http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

WOLFMondo
09-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Loki-PF:

3)those that will only fly a certain plane type regardless of mission objectives or server balance, (coughFW-190cough)

I don't like being tarred with that brush. I'm a 190 fan and fly it as often as possible but not if it will unbalance the teams. Last night I flew P51's and Spitfires cause blue was so stacked.

You could say that about any die hard fanatics 190, 109, Spitfire, P38 or P51.

Loki-PF
09-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Loki-PF:

I don't like being tarred with that brush. I'm a 190 fan and fly it as often as possible but not if it will unbalance the teams. Last night I flew P51's and Spitfires cause blue was so stacked.

You could say that about any die hard fanatics 190, 109, Spitfire, P38 or P51. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good on ya! So you are that rare type of balance player that enjoys flying in general and likes a challenge!

The one trick ponies that I mentioned earlier come in all stripes be sure. There are those that will only fly a corsair or other such.

But in my albeit limited time here, I've run into more one trick ponies of the blue variety if you know what I mean http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

asgeirr73
09-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Ohh good that I am the opposit then http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I like red in europe and blue in pacific

BUT will change if teams are TO uneven