PDA

View Full Version : Patches 4.06, 4.07, and Addons



willyvic
03-24-2006, 01:53 AM
Looking for a little clarification here. I'm sure some others would like to know as well. So as of today:

1. When are the patches planned for release?
2. When are the addons planned.....?
3. When is BOB planned?

If 3 is to come shortly (within a couple of months) after 1 or 2 then I may have to hold off on putting any more moola into game that is about to go out to pasture.

Just curious. Would like to see some type of timeline.

And yes, I am all for Oleg's continued success.

WV.

Capt.LoneRanger
03-24-2006, 02:01 AM
1. There is no release date for any of the patches. It was just confirmed, they are planned and being worked on.

2. The addons are ready (at least two of them), but have to be adopted to the western market (e.g. language) - it was said, they'll hit the shelves before July this year - dunno if this timetable is still planned.

3. BoB has no exact release-date. Some very optimstic think it'll be released Spring 2007, some less optimistic think it may be 1 or two years later. Guess we have to wait for next E3 to get some more news about the current status. Rumours said, there will be a BoB presentation in L.A.

4. Who said IL2/PF will be dead the moment BoB hits the shelves? This will still be a good sim and looking at what Oleg and his team did so far, I'd even assume the support for Il2/PF goes on for a while even AFTER BoB was released.

vocatx
03-24-2006, 02:41 AM
Willyvic, I would guess that we still have a good 18 months before BoB comes out; probably at least two years (if not more) before we can declare FB/PF "dead".

Diablo310th
03-24-2006, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by willyvic:
Looking for a little clarification here. I'm sure some others would like to know as well. So as of today:

1. When are the patches planned for release?
2. When are the addons planned.....?
3. When is BOB planned?

If 3 is to come shortly (within a couple of months) after 1 or 2 then I may have to hold off on putting any more moola into game that is about to go out to pasture.

Just curious. Would like to see some type of timeline.

And yes, I am all for Oleg's continued success.

WV.

4.06? 4.07??? shoot..I haven't even heard anything about 4.05. LOL Ok somebody spill teh beans about each patch.

Brain32
03-24-2006, 06:59 AM
The funny thing is that nobody even mentioned v405 so far, just 406 and 407 info poping out suddenly... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
I suspect wonders await us after Platinum DVD release http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

horseback
03-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Actually, if the pattern holds, what we're looking at is 5.0, 5.01, and so on.

AFAIK, the plan is to release the add-on (the Pe-2 one?) around June or July and then address the next patch, which will hopefully include a rationalizing of ai routines for reasonable offline campaign play.

If the same pattern holds as when the Aces Expansion was released, you'll be looking at version 5.0, 5.01, and so on until the next add-on, which I think/hope is centered on Manchuria/CBI theaters.

cheers

horseback

Monty_Thrud
03-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Does anyone have a link to where these patches were mentioned?...the reason i ask is, i dont think there are anymore, just the addons...

...there's no bug report thread
...the last patch (4.03)had its fix patch(4.04) very quick...as if final...hope i'm wrong

Sharpe26
03-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Monty_Thrud:
Does anyone have a link to where these patches were mentioned?...the reason i ask is, i dont think there are anymore, just the addons...

...there's no bug report thread
...the last patch (4.03)had its fix patch(4.04) very quick...as if final...hope i'm wrong

I'm pretty sure that if you kept your eyes out on HL (hyperlobby) you'd find what you're looking for.

vocatx
03-24-2006, 12:53 PM
Read Ian's post, second post from top.

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb....;f=144;t=001108;p=11 (http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=144;t=001108;p=11)

Monty_Thrud
03-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Ok..thanks chaps.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif..more warbirds to http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

willyvic
03-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by vocatx:
Willyvic, I would guess that we still have a good 18 months before BoB comes out; probably at least two years (if not more) before we can declare FB/PF "dead".

That's the type of news I am looking for. Will probably get the addons just to be able to continue online gaming. Thanks.

Capt.LoneRanger,
Never said it would be dead upon release of BOB. But history shows a marked downward turn upon release of new games/addons. IE: IL2 withered on the vine online (HL) not so long after FB was released. And AEP the same with the release of PF. And I am speaking of the merged installs for the latter and online gaming. You couldn't find many rooms running stand alone IL2, FB, or PF after each subsequent release.

WV.