PDA

View Full Version : Exiting the game and missions

al8189
01-19-2005, 10:53 AM
Anyone having a problem with exiting a mission after it's over or exiting the game? I have to actually re-boot to get out. Re-installed 5 times. Same problem. Got both patches. Same problem. Any help?????????Thanks Al

Dizz_310th
01-19-2005, 10:58 AM
You must press "Esc" to exit game. If you are doing this and still having the problem, make sure your config.ini file contains the following:

[HotKey gui]
Escape=activate

e5kimo
01-19-2005, 02:52 PM
it might look like it is freezing up but it should eventually exit the mission.
putting in another 512mb ram sped things up for me from around 3 to 4 minutes waiting to under 1 minute.

horseback
01-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Assuming you're using the Escape key responsibly, remember that it takes a while to compile all the events in the mission for your debrief. The report contains all the aircraft shot down, and by whom, over the whole map.

If you're flying a Leningrad or Finnish campaign, there are a lot of things that can be going on in the course of each dynamic campaign mission. Even with my 1 Gb of RAM and 3GHz P4, it takes a good 3-5 minutes to compile a debrief for a mission lasting 45 minutes or more, especially with over 20 a/c taking part.

cheers

horseback

Tully__
01-19-2005, 04:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dizz_310th:
You must press "Esc" to exit game. If you are doing this and still having the problem, make sure your conf.ini file contains the following:

[HotKey gui]
Escape=activate <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif This is the answer. For some reason those two lines go missing from conf.ini on some installations. You'll find conf.ini in your game folder and the edit can be done using notepad.