PDA

View Full Version : DD locked on my radar.

lowdown762n2003
04-27-2005, 02:44 PM
I picked up a contact that was a DD heading right for me. I knew this had to be a "following my radar signal" one. I dove and went 90 degrees relative to my present course. He was heading straight on my bow and was coming down my course plot. Straight on and straight in. I figured I would dive and do a 90 hopfully he wouldn't hit his asdiic and ping my huge side. About the time the water was rushing over my conning tower. I hear the magic music and a yell of "YES!". Huh. The DD commited suicide. I know I scare the **** out the DD's but I didn't think they would just commit suicide. lol I checked to see if I got the tonnage for it. lol No.

lowdown762n2003
04-27-2005, 02:44 PM
I picked up a contact that was a DD heading right for me. I knew this had to be a "following my radar signal" one. I dove and went 90 degrees relative to my present course. He was heading straight on my bow and was coming down my course plot. Straight on and straight in. I figured I would dive and do a 90 hopfully he wouldn't hit his asdiic and ping my huge side. About the time the water was rushing over my conning tower. I hear the magic music and a yell of "YES!". Huh. The DD commited suicide. I know I scare the **** out the DD's but I didn't think they would just commit suicide. lol I checked to see if I got the tonnage for it. lol No.