PDA

View Full Version : Something Smells...

stringtapper
11-14-2007, 08:01 PM
I'm just a casual gamer and only play a handful each year (because most games suck, IMO), but some of the things I read in the IGN review just don't make sense now that I'm playing the game.

*SPOILER ALERT*

The issue of why Alta´r speaks with a modern accent is the one I just encountered. It's not only done on purpose but it's actually explained in the game and is integrally tied to the story. So it seems odd to me that someone who had played through the whole game would still complain about it as if it were just bad judgement in casting or some mere oversight due to laziness.

Also, the sci-fi subplot is not just some tidbit that's given to you at the beginning like "finding out that Bruce Willis was a ghost 10 minutes into the Sixth Sense" and spoils what could have been a great ending twist. It's a persistent part of the narrative and involves light gameplay elements as well. It IS the story.

So something seems really odd about that review to me.

robatubisoft
11-14-2007, 08:06 PM
If you are referring to the IGN video review, I have to agree. What it seems like to me is that the reviewer was honestly too stupid to "get" the story.

He clearly says that the portions of the game in which you do not play as Altair were completely unnecessary and unrelated to the story of the game?!

Umm. Ok. If you say so.

abeed0786
11-14-2007, 10:31 PM
yeah uhmm there are over 2000 angry posts about that review lol i was one of the posters...shhh

Yeah it was stupid and felt like he was compelty stupid because he stuck to one point and kept going at it.

bokeef04
11-14-2007, 10:55 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif and the ones above it, he obviously forgot that it is most likely going to be a trilogy, if that is the case, how can you say that it is unnecessary, by putting it in the first they lay the groundwork and a large portion of the backstory for a possible second game

Thebrownfish
11-15-2007, 02:23 AM
Being a reviewer and needing to meet deadlines (as plenty people have talked about) he prob thought "bloody cut scene, i dont have time or intelligence to understand this, what do i do?" *clicks x button or a button (depending on system - see keeping everyone happy)* "aghh thats better i get to play now, who needs to watch cutscenes to understand any game"

ORILY....he also sounds like a bawsack in my opinion.

Hassan-Sabbah
11-15-2007, 02:27 AM
IGN always gives half ***ed reviews...but, it is a matter of perception, and the reviewer had his.

Playing for about 5 or so hours now, and I can tell you honestly, my perception of the game could not be more divergent from his. I really do love this game and it was well worht the 3 year wait.