PDA

View Full Version : Windows problem

samo8krapez
04-17-2005, 02:58 PM
Hi everyone!
When i am in the game/playing and I want to check something out out-side the game, or when I want to make a screenshot I press the windows key, right. Ok, then I do what I have to do and when I want to return to the game I click and the game stops. You know down there where you can see the game program , close to "start". There you can close the game with right click on it and press close, if you left click it you should be going back to the game, right? There is the problem, he won´t put me in the game, the game stops.
What to do?
Thx for helping....

FoolTrottel
04-17-2005, 04:34 PM
Hi,

For starters, this game does not support switching back to desktop, then switch back to the game.

Too bad.

So, do better not do that!

You might want to try pressing Alt-Tab to return to the game...
(If it works, it's nice, if it doesn't.. too bad)

And, if you want a screenshot from the game, just press the PrintScreen key, a file called Grab0001.tga will be placed in the game folder. Press it again, another file will be created named Grab0002.tga and so on... You can open and view and/or edit them later (after you close IL2) with some Image editing software.

Have Fun!

arcadeace
04-17-2005, 05:53 PM
I've never had a problem using the Windows key. To bring the game back press its button in the Taskbar on the bottom of your Desktop.

LEXX_Luthor
04-17-2005, 07:27 PM
I don't have a Windows keyboard with Windows key, but using old standard keyboard I get to desktop by using Ctrl+Esc.

To get back to the game, Alt+Tab or click the FB box in the taskbar.

All this works much faster and without intermediate black screen if you run Windows at the same resolution as the FB/PF.

--------------------

Every time I start the game since FB 1.0, my mouse freezes, but I unfreeze it by the following 4 step keyboard mash...

Ctrl+Esc
Alt+Tab
Ctrl+Esc
Alt+Tab

Overcast
04-17-2005, 07:33 PM
I have about the opposite problem. My windows key doesnt work, I have to cntrl/alt/del to the desktop and then hit the tab in the taskbar to return to the game.

Tully__
04-18-2005, 07:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arcadeace:
I've never had a problem using the Windows key. To bring the game back press its button in the Taskbar on the bottom of your Desktop. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nor do many others, but task switching isn't supported by the game and if it doesn't work (which it doesn't for some) there's only so much you can try to get around it. Some just have to do without it.

arcadeace
04-18-2005, 08:07 AM
As I think about it I have had an occasional difficulty, its been quite a while, maybe back with my Win98 not saying that's the reason. I've taken it for granted and glad I can do it, it saves a hassle http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

sakai2005
04-18-2005, 04:20 PM
I use windows key+d key at same time that works fine and i can get back in game ok .try that

Sun_Ra
04-19-2005, 08:40 AM
I have always been able to Cntr+Esc to drop out of the game to startup TS or fiddle with some program like fraps etc in my soon to be replaced maxed out Dimented 8250, but ever since the last MS security patch things have taken a turn for the worse. Now if I try to drop out the system is overloaded, checking task manager/performance my cpu utilization fluxuates way up to 60% and then drops back down and goes up. Need to reboot or re-load game. Too bad, I used to like to get on-line fly high trimmed out and then know I could drop out of the game and get back in providing I didn't get killed. My problem may not be related to the MS security patch could have been over exuberant registry cleaning.