PDA

View Full Version : System farted and now i need a new install

Phil_C
12-08-2006, 12:39 PM
I had to send my system back to alienware last month cause the motherboard died.. the good news is that, first it was covered by warrenty (woot) and not only did i get the new board, i got 2 new graphics cards from the deal (i had 7800s and now i have 7900s)

the bad news is that nothing is installed on my system anymore... wich frustrates me, but also leaves me with a nice clean drive to play with.

i have the 46 addon ordered and i know that it comes with everything up to the .07m patch. i was just planning on installing that over what i had, but now seeing as i have to reinstall the program anyway,is it better to just wait and do a complete clean install of IL2, the patches and addons, merged with PF and then the 46 and SoM package?

or if i install what i have already (everything but the Pe-2 package) would there be an issue in installing the incrimental update to what is there?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

LEBillfish
12-08-2006, 01:44 PM
I'd wait......Though it should mean little, clean installs have always worked best for me. Not that adding onto old clashes, yet I think files tend to corrupt over time...Can't say for sure, yet clean the way to go IMLTHO....I'd wait for the DVD personally.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

<span class="ev_code_BLACK">"Does this make my Hien look big?"
"I love my Ha-40's"
"She loves teh Swallow"
"Don't call me cho-cho san"
</span>

Phil_C
12-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Sounds good to me..
i was thinking that the clean version would be the best way, just cause i know i have removed and added things to the program and there may be things that arent needed that are still in the folder.

its going to be rough till i get it tho, but i think Lo-MAC and FSx will get me by (tho the water in PF/IL2 looks the best IMHO).

Thanks again!<div class="ev_tpc_signature">