PDA

View Full Version : Something I noticed in AC:B

Moultonborough
11-11-2011, 01:08 AM
I just started AC:B in preparation for Tuesday. In the beginning of the game when Ezio talks about the Vault it shows a flashback to the discussion between him and Minerva. At one point it shows what I think is a Meso America-pyramid. But at the top it shows a symbol. Until now I thought it was a picture of a Apple. But, it looks exactly like a Seal in AC:R. I am wondering if anyone else noticed this detail and their thoughts on it.

LightRey
11-11-2011, 01:10 AM
Now that you mention it it does indeed look quite a lot like a seal. However, considering how abstract that picture is, it could still just as well be referring to an apple, especially considering the amount of power the picture suggest the object to have.

Bipolar Matt
11-11-2011, 07:00 AM
Or the developers could have recycled that symbol with no intentional connection at all.

LightRey
11-11-2011, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by BipolarMatt:
Or the developers could have recycled that symbol with no intentional connection at all.
True. This is still all speculation after all, but it's fun to speculate. :P

johnnyhayek
11-11-2011, 07:12 AM
Actually someone a few months ago posted the same idea as yours and back then, we definitely agreed that it looks like the seals of Altair. Pay closer attention to it

RzaRecta357
11-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Don't they only truly have Desmond planned though? I don't even think they thought of seals or AC:R when they made AC2.

Unless they DID know about it while making ACB and decided to throw that in there and it's actually different from what we seen in AC2.

I almost want to youtube it but it's skyrim time. Hah.

souNdwAve89
11-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Don't they only truly have Desmond planned though? I don't even think they thought of seals or AC:R when they made AC2.

Unless they DID know about it while making ACB and decided to throw that in there and it's actually different from what we seen in AC2.

I almost want to youtube it but it's skyrim time. Hah.

Well, they did start working on ACR during the development of ACB. Around the time of the development of ACB, Alex Amancio was appointed the new Creative Director, so I assume that they started planning things.

Here is the picture from this thread

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...171053259#9171053259 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8361053259?r=9171053259#9171053259)

http://www.imgftw.net/img//288636927.jpg

LightRey
11-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Ok it really really looks like a seal. Either the seal itself is a symbol for something else, or that thing in Minerva's picture was indeed a seal.

Serrachio
11-11-2011, 01:24 PM
The hexagonal piece in the centre is the symbol for the technology of the TWCB. You see in in a Codex page along with an picture of an apple on the other side.

They then have a picture in the middle of the two which is an apple with the markings from the hexagonal symbol to represent the Apple of Eden.

LightRey
11-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
The hexagonal piece in the centre is the symbol for the technology of the TWCB. You see in in a Codex page along with an picture of an apple on the other side.

They then have a picture in the middle of the two which is an apple with the markings from the hexagonal symbol to represent the Apple of Eden.
I've never heard of any explanation of this? I know of the symbols, but I'm pretty sure they weren't explained in the codex or anything. Where'd you get that info?

souNdwAve89
11-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Well, I'm going with the idea that these are ancient artifacts after all. For all we know, Altair could have stumbled upon them and discovered the uses for them. Therefore, he decided to use these artifacts to document the important events in this life. I say that because some people make it sound like Altair himself created these seals.

LightRey
11-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
Well, I'm going with the idea that these are ancient artifacts after all. For all we know, Altair could have stumbled upon them and discovered the uses for them. Therefore, he decided to use these artifacts to document the important events in this life. I say that because some people make it sound like Altair himself created these seals.
We already know they're TWCB artifacts. That's long been confirmed.

Serrachio
11-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

I've never heard of any explanation of this? I know of the symbols, but I'm pretty sure they weren't explained in the codex or anything. Where'd you get that info? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100529014552/assassinscreed/images/3/37/Zw-codex-10.png

LightRey
11-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

I've never heard of any explanation of this? I know of the symbols, but I'm pretty sure they weren't explained in the codex or anything. Where'd you get that info? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100529014552/assassinscreed/images/3/37/Zw-codex-10.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, I know the picture, but where'd you get the info of the symbol being the symbol for TWCB tech?

souNdwAve89
11-11-2011, 03:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
We already know they're TWCB artifacts. That's long been confirmed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not the point that I am trying to make though. I am trying to clarify the uses and origin of the artifacts because some people believe Altair made it. Not pointing fingers on these forums, but else where too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100529014552/assassinscreed/images/3/37/Zw-codex-10.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, I know the picture, but where'd you get the info of the symbol being the symbol for TWCB tech? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The top right looks like the artifact if you turn it clockwise.

LightRey
11-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
The top right looks like the artifact if you turn it clockwise.
Yes, I know, but that merely indicates that it bears significance regarding the apple. I don't see how we can conclude from this that it in itself is a symbol for TWCB technology in general.