PDA

View Full Version : New Expansion?!

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 11:16 PM
Okay - I haven't been playing IL-2 for a couple months, now. When I left, Oleg was in development of a new patch for Forgotten Battles. (This patch included the Japanese "Zero" and B-17 "Flying Fortress").

But upon looking on the new poll on the main Website - they're talking about a "Battle for Britian" is this a new sequel or expansion patch, or just one big, free downloadable patch?

Thanks for your time,
-Gubru

-------------------------------------------
Aircraft of Choice: Storche

Usage: Flying into enemy objects

Reason: The sheer look on the Opponent's face when they see a slow moving "Cessna"-like aircraft, with almost no offensive or defensive capabilites, travelling at a top speed of 20 KM/H, and having that snail-like aircraft collide with that Opponent's Base/Aircraft is priceless. (They are in too much shock to do anything).

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 11:16 PM
Okay - I haven't been playing IL-2 for a couple months, now. When I left, Oleg was in development of a new patch for Forgotten Battles. (This patch included the Japanese "Zero" and B-17 "Flying Fortress").

But upon looking on the new poll on the main Website - they're talking about a "Battle for Britian" is this a new sequel or expansion patch, or just one big, free downloadable patch?

Thanks for your time,
-Gubru

Reason: The sheer look on the Opponent's face when they see a slow moving "Cessna"-like aircraft, with almost no offensive or defensive capabilites, travelling at a top speed of 20 KM/H, and having that snail-like aircraft collide with that Opponent's Base/Aircraft is priceless. (They are in too much shock to do anything).

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 11:23 PM
Its the next sim, due in 2005 /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 11:25 PM
Ohhh.... so the new patch for FB (Which has the B-17 and etc.) is still in the works as a... patch for FB? (Kind of repetitive there, I know.)

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 11:30 PM
yup its in work, should be released the next weeks (we dont have an official date so far).
theres already a beta leaked, ive heard.

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 11:36 PM
Thanks guys. Well, I'm off to go reinstall FB now. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-02-2003, 12:47 AM
There's three things in the pipe actually.

1) Free patch (B-17 AI, P-51, Ki-84a, A6M5 Zero + new maps and whatnot)
2) Paid Addon (new stuff, many more P-51 variants, P-38, P-63, Spits, Bf110, lots of new planes to be sure - more details forthcoming)
3) Battle of Britain (2005-2006 - entirely NEW sim)

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill