PDA

View Full Version : Mystery BoB film

Daiichidoku
10-14-2004, 12:50 PM
I am currently watching what looks like a late 60's film of battle of britain on t.v.

I have no idea what it is, the t.v. listings dont have it by name, and I have never seen it before (no, it's NOT "battle of britain" starring robert shaw...

anyhow, can anyone tell me which movie this is?

because they have a mock up of the he 111 gunner nose, and its huge! looks like the gunner could almost stand straight up in it!...

the air to air scenes are mostly models, but....they have spit models flitting about with black crosses on them!

there is a few real aircraft shots, but these are hispano buchons painted as spits! lol

they have the a/c all @ssbackwards!

ok, mn, I just found out what the movie is..."eagles over london" 1970...

if you ever see this movie on tv, or have a chance to rent it, DONT!.....unless you want some laffs

gosh, wotta POS

Daiichidoku
10-14-2004, 12:50 PM
I am currently watching what looks like a late 60's film of battle of britain on t.v.

I have no idea what it is, the t.v. listings dont have it by name, and I have never seen it before (no, it's NOT "battle of britain" starring robert shaw...

anyhow, can anyone tell me which movie this is?

because they have a mock up of the he 111 gunner nose, and its huge! looks like the gunner could almost stand straight up in it!...

the air to air scenes are mostly models, but....they have spit models flitting about with black crosses on them!

there is a few real aircraft shots, but these are hispano buchons painted as spits! lol

they have the a/c all @ssbackwards!

ok, mn, I just found out what the movie is..."eagles over london" 1970...

if you ever see this movie on tv, or have a chance to rent it, DONT!.....unless you want some laffs

gosh, wotta POS

Sharpe26
10-14-2004, 01:27 PM
I think I know what it is.

Apparently when the battle of Britain production started, someone in Italy got wind of it and decided to do something just like that and do it cheap, hence the models.

The miracle is, that production was finished BEFORE battle of Britain was.