PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I am getting screwed over here.



Vysse
11-16-2010, 10:43 AM
How is it fair that PS3 users get two extra multiplayer game modes. I am about ready to call and ask for a refund. I can understand a special skin or maybe some exclusive maps but giving them an extra game mode just so Sony can get more hype is wrong. I REFUSE to buy a PS3 because of this and will probably no longer buy Ubisoft games.

persiateddy95
11-16-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm sure PS3 users say the same when it's the contrary, and it happens alot more times, so I don't really see the point of so much anger. World isn't fair.

faka-me
11-16-2010, 10:52 AM
look PS3 get a couple of ACB maps and X-BOX get halo sereis and they get the new splinter cells, now ask if thats fair http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

muzzyb
11-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Now you xbox guys know how it feel, I wanted splinter cell but I couldn't get it because I have a PS3.

persiateddy95
11-16-2010, 11:00 AM
^ It's time to say we feel like we're getting screwed over here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

dlonewolf1994
11-16-2010, 11:18 AM
sorry for d nub question.. but whats d exclusive mode?

realgangsta213
11-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Weren't they single player missions something about conspiracy. Anyway stop whining about nothing. Be happy with what you've got

Rainie
11-16-2010, 11:34 AM
The dlc isn't exclusive multiplayer modes, it's a set of missions in the single player campaign. These will probably get over to the xbox and PC eventually but Sony probably paid to get these exclusive to PS3 on launch

Mr_Shade
11-16-2010, 11:46 AM
I am checking on this, since as already posted the only exclusive content I am aware of is the DLC called 'Copernicus Conspiracy'


This is single player side mission's which do not relate to the main story.

It's not online...


So, I think the OP is slightly confused - however since I don't have the PS3 version here and currently my brain in is ACB overload, I will double check my facts..

Razrback16
11-16-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Vysse:
I feel like I am getting screwed over here

That's because you are. Just like the PC users.

Razrback16
11-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
I am checking on this, since as already posted the only exclusive content I am aware of is the DLC called 'Copernicus Conspiracy'


This is single player side mission's which do not relate to the main story.

It's not online...


So, I think the OP is slightly confused - however since I don't have the PS3 version here and currently my brain in is ACB overload, I will double check my facts..

Mr Shade, do you know if these DLC missions will be included in the PC version?

SlimeDynamiteD
11-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Maybe Probably, eventually.

Mr_Shade
11-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Razrback16:
Mr Shade, do you know if these DLC missions will be included in the PC version? They are exclusive to the PS3 version at this time.

Climbmaster1
11-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Don't worry they will release the mode for xbox eventually. That's what they did with exclusive content on ACII. It will probably come with new MP maps later.

Razrback16
11-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Climbmaster1:
Don't worry they will release the mode for xbox eventually. That's what they did with exclusive content on ACII. It will probably come with new MP maps later.

One can only hope it will be released for all platforms at some point.

Mr_Shade
11-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Climbmaster1:
Don't worry they will release the mode for xbox eventually. That's what they did with exclusive content on ACII. It will probably come with new MP maps later. As I posted..

They are exclusive to the PS3 - there are no plans to release them on other formats at this time, and maybe never..

The 'exclusive' content on AC2 - was on special editions of the game, not a certain Console.

This content is expected to remain on the PS3 only.

realgangsta213
11-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Guys it's only a few missions which are about a small conspiracy. I ordered the codex edittion for the ps3 for that reason but then my friends were getting it on xbox and i cancelled the preorder and went for xbox 360 codex edition as i didn't find them that important and would rather play alliance with my friends.
No one's getting screwed and no one is missing out on much.

Ghoulishtie
11-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Blah blah sony blah blah blah...

Should be equal for both IMO.

SlimeDynamiteD
11-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
They are exclusive to the PS3 - there are no plans to release them on other formats at this time, and maybe never..

The 'exclusive' content on AC2 - was on special editions of the game, not a certain Console.

This content is expected to remain on the PS3 only.

Did I ever mention how much I love you Shadey? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

FrankieSatt
11-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:As I posted..

They are exclusive to the PS3 - there are no plans to release them on other formats at this time, and maybe never..

The 'exclusive' content on AC2 - was on special editions of the game, not a certain Console.

This content is expected to remain on the PS3 only.

So what your're saying is that we the XBox users, and future PC users, are getting screwed.

Thanks UbiSoft for playing and furthering console elitism. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

OGCFB
11-16-2010, 02:52 PM
w00t I mean oh no xbox 360 which has case west and had the grand theft auto dlc for a year will be getting a dlc late or not at all for once alert the media...

realgangsta213
11-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Guys it's only a few missions which are about a small conspiracy. I ordered the codex edittion for the ps3 for that reason but then my friends were getting it on xbox and i cancelled the preorder and went for xbox 360 codex edition as i didn't find them that important and would rather play alliance with my friends.
No one's getting screwed and no one is missing out on much.

I'm posting it again because people don't seem to be reading my post...

Razrback16
11-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by realgangsta213:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Guys it's only a few missions which are about a small conspiracy. I ordered the codex edittion for the ps3 for that reason but then my friends were getting it on xbox and i cancelled the preorder and went for xbox 360 codex edition as i didn't find them that important and would rather play alliance with my friends.
No one's getting screwed and no one is missing out on much.

I'm posting it again because people don't seem to be reading my post... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not that people aren't reading your post, it's that your post doesn't make any sense so they're disregarding it. You even contradict yourself by saying "it's only a few missions which are about a small conspiracy" and then saying that "no one is getting screwed". Well clearly yes they are getting screwed. If you don't have the option of playing them, then you're missing out on something, however small.

OGCFB
11-16-2010, 03:05 PM
I wanted to play the gta dlc back in 09 but I didn't have the option of playing them I want to play Case West so I know what happens after dead rising 2 but I don't have the option of playing it both are 3rd party games but microsoft got out there wallet so it's the same thing get over it...

realgangsta213
11-16-2010, 03:07 PM
It's a few missions for goodness sake. If you don't get the option to play them it doesn't mean you're getting screwed over. The missions total play time is about 1-2hours and the game's story line is around 25. What i'm trying to say is that they didn't disclose a part of the main story or anything special. How do you think gta4 users for the ps3 and pc felt when microsoft paid rockstar to make lost and damned exclusive. That was 8 hours of storyline so yea i think they were the ones who truly got screwed and not people who are missing out on a couple of missions.

Razrback16
11-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by realgangsta213:
It's a few missions for goodness sake. If you don't get the option to play them it doesn't mean you're getting screwed over. The missions total play time is about 1-2hours and the game's story line is around 25. What i'm trying to say is that they didn't disclose a part of the main story or anything special. How do you think gta4 users for the ps3 and pc felt when microsoft paid rockstar to make lost and damned exclusive. That was 8 hours of storyline so yea i think they were the ones who truly got screwed and not people who are missing out on a couple of missions.

Again, the argument here isn't whether or not it's a big or small thing; that is debatable based on your personal view of how much content it is, but the bottom line is that PEOPLE ARE GETTING CHEATED out of certain pieces of gameplay that they won't get to experience as part of the game (big or small, doesn't matter). It's honestly quite shocking how Ubisoft is treating its customers on this issue.

OGCFB
11-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Yeah but what im saying is I got cheated out of dlc that your console got and I still am with case west it's karma coming back to collect...

realgangsta213
11-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Ok i think i finally understand your view on this razrback16 and i would like to experience those missions as well but to go as far as saying that ubisoft has cheated you and saying it's shocking how they treated their customers is a bit extreme. Let's just enjoy the great game we got from them ONLY A YEAR after ac2 and stop resenting them for it. And before you start complaining again, i know you're a pc user and won't be getting the game till february and you have my greatest sympathy but don't resent ubisoft that much because of exclusive content and delayed release.

realgangsta213
11-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Oh by the way OACFB did you get an email from play yet?

Razrback16
11-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by realgangsta213:
Ok i think i finally understand your view on this razrback16 and i would like to experience those missions as well but to go as far as saying that ubisoft has cheated you and saying it's shocking how they treated their customers is a bit extreme. Let's just enjoy the great game we got from them ONLY A YEAR after ac2 and stop resenting them for it. And before you start complaining again, i know you're a pc user and won't be getting the game till february and you have my greatest sympathy but don't resent ubisoft that much because of exclusive content and delayed release.

I try to find common ground, but it's tough on this issue -- They're definitely playing favorites with their customers based on the platform they use (regarding the release date, and exclusive content), and definitely with the DRM -- both are very dirty business practices that I, and many others will continue to resent the company for and will continue to hold them accountable with the amount of $$ I and they are willing to pay. I appreciate your sympathy, though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif If you already have the game, I do hope you will enjoy it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

realgangsta213
11-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Not yet but thank you and i hope that ubisoft will give those missions to xbox and pc users so like you say everyone is treated equally.

kleaneasy
11-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Shade did email about this earlier but I'll try and chase it see what we can find out, I know its frustrating but as you can imagine everyones really busy with the launch so getting hold of the right people to confirm things one way or another isnt an easy task so please bear with us http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Razrback16
11-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by realgangsta213:
Not yet but thank you and i hope that ubisoft will give those missions to xbox and pc users so like you say everyone is treated equally.

Thx much! Me too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bokeef04
11-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by FrankieSatt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:As I posted..

They are exclusive to the PS3 - there are no plans to release them on other formats at this time, and maybe never..

The 'exclusive' content on AC2 - was on special editions of the game, not a certain Console.

This content is expected to remain on the PS3 only.

So what your're saying is that we the XBox users, and future PC users, are getting screwed.

Thanks UbiSoft for playing and furthering console elitism. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ubisoft is not playing or furthering console elitism, they didn't just decide that they liked the PS3 better so would add content, SONY PAID FOR IT

I don't know the exact figures but I'm betting Sony paid Ubisoft millions for the exclusive content, Ubisoft is a business and as a business needs to make money, not only for shareholders/CEO's to get paid, but so the dev's can get paid too

life isn't fair, i wanted the AC1 limited edition but when i went to get it i was told it was only on Xbox360

another point, is it fair that i pay twice what the US does for games? I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost EBgames $60 per game to have them imported

if Ubisoft release those missions to xbox360/PC is it fair to Sony? they paid for it, are you willing to refund me $150 so i can get the game for free? (exactly same sort of thing) also everyone is acting like children, "oh he has this cool new toy, i want it, it's not fair"

everyone should realise life isn't fair, i'd like a Lamborghini Gallardo, but i can't afford one and i'm sure no-one is willing to buy one for me, but if you are send me a pmhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

realgangsta213
11-16-2010, 04:12 PM
I Want a bugatti veyron...

Vysse
11-16-2010, 04:32 PM
I apologize guys I had called in today and asked why I could not access the 2 new game modes and the guy (who obviously has no idea what he is talking about) said that they were PS3 exclusive. After this I found out that it comes in an update :P. I can care less about the extra maps PS3 users get tbh I just wanted the game modes so I am happy now :P.

kleaneasy
11-16-2010, 04:40 PM
We've also managed to confirm internally the only exclusive content is as said by Mr Shade before the single player content.

To avoid any further confusion I'm going to lock the thread http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif