PDA

View Full Version : take off in static carrier

drake80
11-02-2004, 05:06 AM
i've noticed a big problem taking off from static carrier, in real life the plane took off with the carrier going in the wind direction to help aircraft...
in multiplayer we have only static carrier (i don't know why) so there are lot of plane that we cant use or at least, we can use only with reduced loadout, and this is not a good thing .
I know that is not realsitic but in not realsitic asl well that we took off from static carrier, so, why not introduce a modificated phisic in the taking off plane?
for example, the plane in the 200m area around the mother carrier and lower than 30m will be lighter or something like that ..
i think it's a stupid thing but it'is stupid like this static carrier... why the carrier can't follow a basic circle path or somethig like that?

byeb bye

tsisqua
11-02-2004, 06:04 AM
I haven't been in MP dogfight, yet. I am betting that the coop missions aren't this way, but I will have to go try and see. I've spent the last week learning how to land on carriers, both static as well as moving. I believe that real pilots in PTO had to do it both ways, didn't they?

Even so, this is a good suggestion. You should post this in Oleg's Ready Room . . . It would make a good "easier" option for the host to set.

Tsisqua

scootertgm
11-02-2004, 09:45 AM
Some of the loads are probably to much for hte fighter to lift off even if the carrier was underway.. The F4U for example can carry 4000lbs of bombs. You can't get it lauched off a carrier with that loadout. That may be for land base ops only...

Biloxi72
11-02-2004, 10:11 AM
S!
I flew in the AFJ dogfight room last night. Which i took off a static carrier in a f4u-1c, no bombload. I just used chocks cranked the power to 70% steadily and then released and made it airborne. I understand the post as it is and i think in multi play load outs of the corsair should be based on taking off from land. I dod not see how it is poosible to take off with full payload from a static carrier.

To me when my squad does our coops the corsair will be a strict land plane if carrying bombs unless we can find a way around this.

drake80
11-02-2004, 11:11 AM
i'made some test, with the corsair with big rocket (don't remember the name), to take off you need to drive at the beginning of the deck ,release the droptank and mixture at 120%. With this conf i can take off without problem but the problem remain the same, with certain loadout you can't take off from static carrier...
another solution should be to remove certain loadout and certain AC so you can select only the AC with the proper loadout that can take off..

ultimate solution, destroy your carrier so you will start directly in flight with the loadount that you want http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif