PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed - Delay?

AltairAssassin1
10-13-2007, 10:19 AM
We've all seen the interviews. We've all seen the previews. We've all seen the videos. The final question is, "Does Assassin's Creed need a delay?". A lot of people have been complaining about the combat system, the glitches, the tearing, the crowd, and PLENTY of other problems too. Does this game need to be delayed? If it doesn't come out in November, it will dramatically lose sales. But I don't want to get this game and November and have everything be crappy. I'm not saying that it is, in fact I like the videos of the game play I've seen, but we all know that developers rush games to get them out before Christmas. So, again, "Do you think Assassin's Creed needs a delay?"

AltairAssassin1
10-13-2007, 10:19 AM
We've all seen the interviews. We've all seen the previews. We've all seen the videos. The final question is, "Does Assassin's Creed need a delay?". A lot of people have been complaining about the combat system, the glitches, the tearing, the crowd, and PLENTY of other problems too. Does this game need to be delayed? If it doesn't come out in November, it will dramatically lose sales. But I don't want to get this game and November and have everything be crappy. I'm not saying that it is, in fact I like the videos of the game play I've seen, but we all know that developers rush games to get them out before Christmas. So, again, "Do you think Assassin's Creed needs a delay?"

Zeusdude2020
10-13-2007, 10:29 AM
What? Ummm no. Have you not heard?

Ubisoft is done with the game, 100% done with everything. Right now they are just finding the remaining bugs and taking care of them. I don't see why it needs a delay.

And it better not delay because this was one out of three games I was looking forward to this year. Brawl has been delayed so now I have two games this year.

So ya...no it shouldn't be delayed, there is no reason.

Also, the thing people have been complaining about were the things they saw in the E3 video...in like July. 4 months ago. They have all those things worked out by now and fixed them.

Muse24
10-13-2007, 10:35 AM
i hope it doesnt get delayed

i dont think it needs it

plus it will ust add to the vast list of games that have been delayed

zeldapsychology
10-13-2007, 10:36 AM
I read a Gamespy preview that mentioned the combat was close to Prince of Persia which had simple combat so the combat must not be to complex and they mentioned Prince of Persia was a great series which it was so I have no worries. I see the controls as changing when it comes time to create the sequel but no I believe AC should not get a delay and is finished to the point that I like it. (In 1 preview I read there were 100 mission type things killing characters,flags,view points etc. but you only had to complete 32 to finish the GAME!) That's awesome so I can't wait!!!!

Royal.Mist
10-13-2007, 10:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AltairAssassin1:
We've all seen the interviews. We've all seen the previews. We've all seen the videos. The final question is, "Does Assassin's Creed need a delay?". A lot of people have been complaining about the combat system, the glitches, the tearing, the crowd, and PLENTY of other problems too. Does this game need to be delayed? If it doesn't come out in November, it will dramatically lose sales. But I don't want to get this game and November and have everything be crappy. I'm not saying that it is, in fact I like the videos of the game play I've seen, but we all know that developers rush games to get them out before Christmas. So, again, "Do you think Assassin's Creed needs a delay?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sources for the people commenting on bad combat, tearing, glitches and the plenty of others too. Otherwise GTFO, door's to your left.

Assasinoftheold
10-13-2007, 10:44 AM
I dont think it need to be delayed ... the new videos looked awsome.

Zeusdude2020
10-13-2007, 10:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Royal.Mist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AltairAssassin1:
We've all seen the interviews. We've all seen the previews. We've all seen the videos. The final question is, "Does Assassin's Creed need a delay?". A lot of people have been complaining about the combat system, the glitches, the tearing, the crowd, and PLENTY of other problems too. Does this game need to be delayed? If it doesn't come out in November, it will dramatically lose sales. But I don't want to get this game and November and have everything be crappy. I'm not saying that it is, in fact I like the videos of the game play I've seen, but we all know that developers rush games to get them out before Christmas. So, again, "Do you think Assassin's Creed needs a delay?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sources for the people commenting on bad combat, tearing, glitches and the plenty of others too. Otherwise GTFO, door's to your left. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't thinkhe could find a source.

I have heard the same things usually by word of mouth at local game stores and around school. This is just called Fanboy Hype Worries, it happens all the time when games like AC is getting close to launch.

MrMoo333
10-13-2007, 10:50 AM
It shouldn't get delayed, those little bugs were just aspects of the game that had'nt been smoothed out and sanded down. And there weren't that many, the only ones I remember were when the pot fell out of the ladies hand it just fell straight down, then through the floor. And when he pushed a guy of of a roof, he landed on an invisable floor that was level with the roof. And i guess frim a distance when the camera moved, the windows twitched. But the first two are along the same lines of the game, falling, so they probly got that straightened out together, and everything else ought to be amazing by now, I mean, did anyone see any glitches on Assassin's Creed Expiriance mini game thing?

*GASP FOR AIR*

saros.exe
10-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Well if Ubi need more time to polish it, then they should go ahead to delay it. Wouldn't matter to me tho, I'm waiting for PC version whatsoever http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif :P

lostassassin123
10-13-2007, 11:19 AM
If they need to fix all bugs, I think they need 30 more days, so...................
It is exactly 30 days till the release, so I think it doesn`t need a delay,
But if 30 days isn`t that much - I can wait a day or two http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

the_assassin_07
10-13-2007, 11:23 AM
No.

It doesn't need it.

eliteassassin69
10-13-2007, 11:30 AM
ya! have you seen the new new vids?? they look amazing and glitchinessless http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

mefninja
10-13-2007, 11:31 AM
why woudl the delay it after revealing the release date

GuStick93
10-13-2007, 11:41 AM
its funny how the 3 ppl who said delay it dint even say why

anywayz,no it doesnt need a delay,all those complaints were like months ago,they fixed all of those glitches,by looking at the new videos iv seen only one glitch,the one where altair threw a knife at a guard,he fell and his legs started movin up and down
in the monferrat walkthough,u cant miss it

saros.exe
10-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Maybe it was an agony, who knows?

princeofyo
10-13-2007, 11:53 AM
A lot of websites have been going to Montreal to play the finished version and they all agree that the game is great. Combat and gameplay, though they take some time to get used to, are solid, smooth, and fun.

mwalshers
10-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Assassins Creed is brilliant and they cant possibly make it better than it allready is http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

kppgno80
10-13-2007, 04:59 PM
whats the point in delaying it?

chances are the game wont be delayed, there done the game... theres nothing more to add, jeez so stop saying "ye delay i dont care, it can give them tim eto work on the game some more"

But there done!... and the whole not enough space, or memory to complex... they will figure it out before the release date, if not it will probably delayed a week or 2, but its a bug...

RetiredHatch
10-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Well... alot of you people are saying no way delay because you just want the game in your hand right here and now (by the way before I say anything I do not promote delays!) yes the game looks great, why would the developers show you anything other than the best the game has to offer? But what if there were still some things that need tweaking int he background we wouldn't know that because again the developers aren't going to show us the bad things http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Personally the horse how it ran kind of bugged me it just seemed mehish what they just showed on IGN it was... ugly for lack of a better word.. It was fine when it was slow and walking but when it sped up http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

But to state my point as simply as possible if they do have some problems that they need to delay for and are torn between getting the game on shelves now, with the problems still in place, or later, with the problems fixed. I would personally hope they would delay it to give us the best they have to offer. And as I said earlier why on earth would the developers show us the bad stuff in videos if something glitches terribly wrong they'd probably cut it out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Oh I voted no they don't NEED a delay but if they wanted to fix a couple things be my guest http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

saros.exe
10-13-2007, 05:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RetiredHatch:
Well... alot of you people are saying no way delay because you just want the game in your hand right here and now (by the way before I say anything I do not promote delays!) yes the game looks great, why would the developers show you anything other than the best the game has to offer? But what if there were still some things that need tweaking int he background we wouldn't know that because again the developers aren't going to show us the bad things http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Personally the horse how it ran kind of bugged me it just seemed mehish what they just showed on IGN it was... ugly for lack of a better word.. It was fine when it was slow and walking but when it sped up http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

But to state my point as simply as possible if they do have some problems that they need to delay for and are torn between getting the game on shelves now, with the problems still in place, or later, with the problems fixed. I would personally hope they would delay it to give us the best they have to offer. And as I said earlier why on earth would the developers show us the bad stuff in videos if something glitches terribly wrong they'd probably cut it out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Oh I voted no they don't NEED a delay but if they wanted to fix a couple things be my guest http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
exactly what i was thinking

kppgno80
10-13-2007, 05:59 PM
not needed, its pointless, there in the debugging stage, and its just a bug needed to...Debug, its done...the game is done, just needs debugging

Firecracker22
10-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Honestly.....I'd have to actually play the game as is right now, to decide if it needs to be delayed.

Robbinho1992
10-13-2007, 07:20 PM
From the OP, about people complaing, thats only becuase they dont agree with what ubi are doing, although most of the things they are moaning about are core to the game. So Comat and the whole Artistic Design of the Targeting and HuD. They wouldnt change it, its what the game revolves around. Bugs, they may have some, but guess most games sometimes do. And with the ability for patches otehr Xboxlive and PSN, if anything really needed to be doing, they could patch the game over the Internet.

Basically....No delay is need. 1 or 2 delays is enough (Which they already have had) and do not need anymore time than that they have left.

Firecracker22
10-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Wasn't it already delayed, too? About a year extra worth of time?

And yeah, really from what I've seen so far....Ubisoft can do no right. They get alot of heat, man.

Robbinho1992
10-13-2007, 07:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Firecracker22:
Wasn't it already delayed, too? About a year extra worth of time?

And yeah, really from what I've seen so far....Ubisoft can do no right. They get alot of heat, man. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah was delayed....When the PS3 came out in Europe/UK, it was meant to come out, but got delayed if i remember rightly.

tevel3
10-13-2007, 07:36 PM
4 years they've working on the game, believe in them that if it wasn't ready they would probably delaying it already.
so dont worry the game going to be just right.

kc7sbp
10-13-2007, 07:45 PM
At worst I could see them delaying the game only one week. Any longer than that and they miss black friday, which could potentially do serious damage to their holiday sales projections. Since there are still only a handfull of good games for the PS3 it seems to me that Assassin's Creed is in a position to really benefit from the holiday sales of PS3 hardware. I can't imagine that they'd want to miss out on such a marketing opportunity.

In all reality, I don't see them even delaying one week. It would put them in direct competiton with Mass Effect, which may seem like a different genre, but knowing that Assassin's Creed has Sci-fi elements it might not be desireable to release directly in competition with it. So, unless they want to hope for a spring/summer hit this is their "window for greatness".

Firecracker22
10-13-2007, 08:01 PM
The reason I can't believe it will be delayed is because every game site that has done the hands-on stated the game is done. Finished. Just needing to be de-bugged.

So, we go from already done and needing de-bugging stated in more than one hands-on report.....to suddenly a delay because of a small disc in a news clip that mentions no delay?

AltairAssassin1
10-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Well, pretty much seems like the majority of you say no delay. I accually agree.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Sources for the people commenting on bad combat, tearing, glitches and the plenty of others too. Otherwise GTFO, door's to your left. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As to where I found the complaints of people not liking the game: Joystiq, gamedaily, IGN, people I know. If you want to call those "sources". Thanks for showing me to the door, but I think I'll STFI.

Firecracker22
10-13-2007, 10:03 PM
Well, IGN confuses me sometimes. They hail something as great one day, then the next they're stoning the exact thing with rocks. They love Splinter Cell Double Agent......then the they come out with a list of 'dead franchises' and Splinter Cell is on it? Wtf?

dawnofhenry
11-08-2009, 03:40 PM
This delay for is soo ridiculous
I'm a PC gamer and apparently the release date is feb 10 2010!
I've been waiting to play this game since the first video came out!

caswallawn_2k7
11-08-2009, 03:51 PM
so you chose to bring back a thread from 2 years ago about if the original game should be delayed? instead of posting in one of the many threads already on the board about AC2 PC being delayed.

Eldran
11-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Wow, epic bumping maneuver xD

phimo123-FR
11-08-2009, 04:59 PM
What the heck?! lol

DimmuB0rgir
11-09-2009, 12:28 AM
I read 90% of the first page.... Right at the bottom saw "Altair". Seriously, die in a fire.

FROGGEman2
11-09-2009, 02:11 AM
ZOMBIES !!!1!1!1

BleedingEffect3
11-09-2009, 06:59 AM
same here. i was like reading everything til i saw 2007. what a zombie post

holyblades2
11-09-2009, 10:12 AM
i just wanna put my 2 bits in. this is old so im just going to put the final nail in the coffin. this was for the first game 0_0 let it die

TyronLeRoy
11-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Wow, for a moment there I felt like I was in an Animus and relived my own life two years ago.
Deja-Vu.

Ok ok, now please close this.
Minus the banhammer.

An_Idea
11-09-2009, 07:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mwalshers:
Assassins Creed is brilliant and they cant possibly make it better than it allready is http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i like this guy ^ hes got good opinions http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif