PDA

View Full Version : Refresh rate changes when loading game.

Coffee999
11-02-2004, 11:12 PM
I can tell that the refresh rate drops to probably 6o when th4e game loads.

How come it does this? What can I do to stop it? Thanks everyone.

Baalberith
11-03-2004, 12:44 AM
Hi, u are running XP i reckon.
Its a known problem for either Nvidia and ATi cards. Me myself are using Reforce to counteract this problems.

Start it up, select the desired refreshrates for the screensettings u want, and gone is ur problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Just Google for Reforce, and u can download it for free.

Greets and have fun in the virtual sky,

Remco

Ruy Horta
11-03-2004, 01:03 AM
That should not be a current problem?

If you are using the ATI all later Cat. drivers offer the option to lock refresh rates.

If you do not lock refresh rate it changes to default when:
a. switching resolutions
b. going from directx to OpenGL

The latter is probably what drops your refresh rate.

You can also go digital and never worry again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Coffee999
11-03-2004, 05:39 AM
Yes I'm running XP.

So it's windows that is changing the refresh rates when I start PF?

I have never had windows do this in any other game. This is the first.

It was stated that if I'm using later drivers there is an option to lock the refresh rate and it won't change when starting PF. Currently, I'm using Omega4.5 drivers, but I don't see anywhere in the options to lock in the refresh rate.

So.......I'm not convinced that it's windows doing this. Again, This has never happend with any other game. I don't really want another program to do nothing but lock the refresh, is there another way around this?

Thanks all.

Ruy Horta
11-03-2004, 05:50 AM
First you may not have any other games that run on OpenGL.

Second, the must look for your monitor settings within the graphics driver control panel. I don't use Omegas so I can't help you further than that, but I am positive that is the right direction.

You'll probably get the right info here, if not just try looking for the monitor settings.

x6BL_Brando
11-03-2004, 06:10 AM
It is important to be sure that your screen reso setting in Windows desktop is NOT less than what you have in your game.
Using the right-click desktop/Properties/Settings/Advanced route to your card's set-up is the way I've always set this up. I only know the Ati Control Panel, I'm using 4.10's without the new CCC thing, and I go first to Displays and un-check "Use DDC information". Then I set the two max settings as high as they will go and disable Refresh Rate Override. From there I go to Monitor and post the highest refresh rate my monitor will handle - 120Hz for my Iiyama. I use 1024x768x32 reso, and this is also the setting I have for FB, AEP, & PF.
The set-up icon is in the root folder of the game - reso setup is under the Driver tab.
Hope that helps

Coffee999
11-03-2004, 06:30 AM
x6BL_Brando and Ruy Horta,

I've done all of the above. Everything in is set to 85htz. And my desk top is the same as the game res.

Kannaksen_hanu
11-03-2004, 07:05 AM
Use Refresh Force:

http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

Safe, easy and reliable way.