PDA

View Full Version : IL2 1946: Arming Feature

six_50s
09-25-2007, 06:10 PM
The arming feature in the single mission mode suddenly stopped working. I think this is where you can change the aircraft nose art and color scheme. It worked when I first installed the game and now for some reason it's not. Any ideas?

Thanx, six_50s

Bearcat99
09-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Could be the mission design.

triad773
09-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Like Bearcat said; test it in QMB (Quick Mission Builder) and see if you get the same results. If not, its the mission design in some manner.

~S~

Triad

six_50s
09-25-2007, 08:06 PM
I tried it in QMB and the armung feature is not offered there. Maybe I need to reinstal the game

six_50s
09-26-2007, 04:08 AM
Can you guys be more specific about what it is about the mission design that could be causing this?

Thanx, six_50s

bigbossmalone
09-26-2007, 07:01 AM
six_50's
If a mission has been prebuilt by someone, they might have given the option to not be able to change user loadout. This is an option in FMB which, if checked, will not allow you to change the loadout. In FMB, load the mission. Choose tab Edit/Conditions/Misc - one of the options is user loadout. If checked, you can change the loadout. If not, you can't.(might be the other way round, can't recall offhand)
If you are playing a single mission, or user campaign, this might be the case.
Easiest way to check is like BC and triad said:
Try a QMB mission - this should allow loadout changes.
Otherwise, load the mission you're having difficulties with into FMB, and have a look at the options for User loadout. If you want to be able to change loadout, then uncheck the option, save the mission and play again. You should now be able to change loadout.
Try it and post back with results...
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

six_50s
09-26-2007, 05:06 PM
In FMB, "No User Load Out" was unchecked. In QMB, changing the load out is possible by using the pull down menus provided. What I am talking about is in the Single Missionn (SM) area. you select SM, pick the mission you want to fly and then select "brief". On this screen there is a tab called "Arming". This the feature that is not working. I thought this is also where you can change the aircraft skin and nose art. Maybe that isn't where that can be performed, but that is what I am trying to accomplish. I have't been able to find that option anywhere else.

Thanx, six_50s

bigbossmalone
09-26-2007, 06:11 PM
Ok,six_50's, in this case I do not have an answer for you. Never happened to me(I think?)
Have you made any recent changes, ie: DGEN, or anything like that, to the game?
I'm now as in the dark as you as to the cause of this issue. Maybe a reinstall is in order, but something is ringing a bell in the back of my head that I might have seen a similar issue discussed in these forums, a LONG while back. I'll start doing some research, but hopefully someone will be along soon with an answer.
I just can't shake the feeling that I have encountered something similar in the past. Going into my IL2 archives now in the hope of finding something...
Aside from the problem at hand, can you still start the mission? Is it with one specific mission or any single mission?

bigbossmalone
09-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Another possibility just sprung to mind here, six_50's.
If you load the mission in question into FMB, check the plane you're meant to be flying - is it checked as 'Player'?. Possibly, there is no aircraft in the mission that has been checked as the player aircraft, and thus you might get this problem.

six_50s
09-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Yes, I can launch and play any single mission with any plane. I just can't get that arming feature to work in any of the single missions. I have made no mods to the game.

Thanx, six_50s

bigbossmalone
09-27-2007, 05:19 AM
In that case, I'm fresh out of ideas.
Stumped.
You're right in that the 'arming' tab will allow you to change skins, noseart(where applicable), pilot skin, etc.
You might want to consider a reinstall?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

six_50s
09-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Ya it looks that way. By the way what joystick do you guys use? I have a MS Sidewinder 3D Pro (not FFB) that I have used for years in EAW and Janes WWII Ftrs, but I can't get it to work with Vista. It recognizes the stick and has loaded a driver but I can't calibrate it. MS website says it does not have compatability with Vista. I gues their right. I am considering the Logitech Xtreme 3D or the Thrustmaster Top Gun 2 Pro USB.

Thanx, six_50s

bigbossmalone
09-28-2007, 02:02 AM
I use the Logitech Extreme 3DPro, perfectly satisfied with it for going on 3 years now...
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

six_50s
09-29-2007, 09:14 AM
I was about to re-install IL2 because of this arming bug that I can't seem to figure out, when I decided to try one last thing. Instead of launching the game from my own desktop ( we have 4 personal desktops on our computer)I launched it from the main desktop where we boot to when 1st starting the computer. Now the arming feature works as it should allowing me to access the skins, nose art, etc!!! Go figure!! I don't understand why this would be different on any other desktop. Any ideas?

bigbossmalone
09-29-2007, 01:36 PM
I have absolutely no idea....
Just happy you sorted it out without having to reinstall.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif