PDA

View Full Version : If you were Altair, would you do the same w/ Abbas? [SPOILERS]

ProdiGurl
12-22-2011, 06:51 AM
[major spoilers]

I would have taken Abbas out or made him leave or something . . I think if Altair would have done what he wanted to do (without Maria's interference which cost her dearly), things would have been better for Altair & his family.

Did he really do the right thing there?

Plus, how do you think Ezio would have handled the situation?

LightRey
12-22-2011, 07:07 AM
Abbas broke the creed (and the order). He had to die.

lukaszep
12-22-2011, 07:09 AM
I think, it would have been wrong for Altair to kill Abbas. I don't believe he's done anything wrong, he's just a very confused, and vulnerable person.
It seems like it would have been better for um, Maria, if he had killed Abbas, but Altair would have to live with consequences, and i'm sure he wouldn't feel good about it, after all, Altair grew up with Abbas. I think Maria did the right thing. As sad as it is, Altair was angry and so couldn't see reason.

I think Ezio would have done pretty much the same as Altair. I think anyone in Altair's position would have done something similar.

LightRey
12-22-2011, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by lukaszep:
I think, it would have been wrong for Altair to kill Abbas. I don't believe he's done anything wrong, he's just a very confused, and vulnerable person.
It seems like it would have been better for um, Maria, if he had killed Abbas, but Altair would have to live with consequences, and i'm sure he wouldn't feel good about it, after all, Altair grew up with Abbas. I think Maria did the right thing. As sad as it is, Altair was angry and so couldn't see reason.

I think Ezio would have done pretty much the same as Altair. I think anyone in Altair's position would have done something similar.
Abbas had Alta´r's son and Malik killed, stolen the position of grandmaster and lost all the order had gained under Alta´r's rule.

He was a traitor to the order. Being confused and vulnerable is no excuse for being an irresponsible, self-absorbed, stupid leader. Just look at Hitler.

value_zero
12-22-2011, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
[major spoilers]

I would have taken Abbas out or made him leave or something . . I think if Altair would have done what he wanted to do (without Maria's interference which cost her dearly), things would have been better for Altair & his family.

Did he really do the right thing there?

Plus, how do you think Ezio would have handled the situation?

Im not achieving to insult you with that post, but you are so kind, that i start to think you havent seen enough of the life's bullsh or either you have the will enough to keep an good impression about your personality and you are just opposite of what you are here than what you are in real life

raging8762
12-22-2011, 07:31 AM
I don't think Abbas had any intention of ever changing. His greed and hate for Altair corrupted him as well as the order. Taking him out was the best option since his mentality could not be reasoned with.

deadly_thought
12-22-2011, 07:35 AM
its not real and youre not altair just saying.....

Sarari
12-22-2011, 07:36 AM
I can proudly say that I'm a patient person. If anyone called me a name or pushed me I don't think I'd break down and go nuts. Usually I'd just ignore it. So when Abbas took the apple in Altair's second mission, I would've still let him stay. I'm a sucker for giving second chances, or sometimes over a dozen lol.

When Altair was gonna make that guy stab himself, I wouldn't have let Maria touch me. I would've put one hand out and kept her away. There's no way in hell anyone's gonna get away with my son's death.

value_zero
12-22-2011, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Sarari:
I can proudly say that I'm a patient person. If anyone called me a name or pushed me I don't think I'd break down and go nuts. Usually I'd just ignore it. So when Abbas took the apple in Altair's second mission, I would've still let him stay. I'm a sucker for giving second chances, or sometimes over a dozen lol.

When Altair was gonna make that guy stab himself, I wouldn't have let Maria touch me. I would've put one hand out and kept her away. There's no way in hell anyone's gonna get away with my son's death.

That was kind of dumb post.

Sarari
12-22-2011, 07:55 AM
Why do you say that?

value_zero
12-22-2011, 07:59 AM
I can proudly say that I'm a patient person. If anyone called me a name or pushed me I don't think I'd break down and go nuts.

Originally posted by value_zero:
That was kind of dumb post.

Just testing you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Why do you say that?

YuurHeen
12-22-2011, 08:23 AM
if he would have killed abbas right away the assassins would have turned against altair. then later when the real assassins knew better it was time to kill abbas.

ProdiGurl
12-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by YuurHeen:
if he would have killed abbas right away the assassins would have turned against altair. then later when the real assassins knew better it was time to kill abbas.

Possibly, but then look at the results from his other choice - and he still had to flee for practically the rest of his life.

AdmiralPerry
12-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Good question. Very good question. Ultimately, I think it was necessary to kill Abbas, simply because he was a corrosive influence on the Brotherhood. He wasn't exactly the best Grand Master, which he usurped from Altair, I might add. But I also see Abbas as a victim--I think a victim of himself. And I feel bad for him. I took no pleasure in killing him. He and Altair were friends before all that crap went down... I guess that's what hurts for me. I know what it's like to lose a good friend, and I can only imagine how Altair must have felt after all those years of watching Abbas slowly lose his grip with reality.

SweetsMachineGun
12-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Abbas was not likeable at all. If Altair would have submitted to his wishes he may have spared Maria, but he would still corrupt the order and lead it against the will of the creed. He needed to die.

SleezeRocker
12-22-2011, 10:36 AM
what I probalby would've done is probably demoted Abbas (like al mualim did to altair for "not Listening"). Or probably noticing that abbas was not fit to be an Assassin just expelled him from the Brotherhood.

Idk I tend to try solving problems w/o resorting to violence (or death lol)

Sarari
12-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Altair's my favorite assassin, but I don't think he's a good leader. He doesn't seem fit for the job. He's more of a go-out-and-kill-your-target kind of person.

Btw, he wasn't Grand Master right after he killed Al Mualim. How could he have demoted him if he wasn't?

SleezeRocker
12-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Altair's my favorite assassin, but he's more of a go-out-and-kill-your-target kind of person.

-though ezio is my favorite charcater that sounds something what Ezio would do lol

Sarari
12-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
Altair's my favorite assassin, but he's more of a go-out-and-kill-your-target kind of person.

-though ezio is my favorite charcater that sounds something what Ezio would do lol

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
? I was talking about Altair not being a good leader...

ProdiGurl
12-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by AdmiralPerry:
Good question. Very good question. Ultimately, I think it was necessary to kill Abbas, simply because he was a corrosive influence on the Brotherhood. He wasn't exactly the best Grand Master, which he usurped from Altair, I might add. But I also see Abbas as a victim--I think a victim of himself. And I feel bad for him. I took no pleasure in killing him. He and Altair were friends before all that crap went down... I guess that's what hurts for me. I know what it's like to lose a good friend, and I can only imagine how Altair must have felt after all those years of watching Abbas slowly lose his grip with reality.

Ya but he had Altair's son murdered. & to find out from the other dude that he told him Altair had him killed?? That's just beyond.

If I just heard that, I'd of killed him on the spot probably - it would be too emotional to just yell at him & then walk away.

Plus, in another scene, Altair talks about how Abbas didn't send reinforcements & it was a slaughter?
The man was nasty. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

MaKaVeLiTL
12-22-2011, 01:50 PM
I'd have killed him without a second thought, not with the gun, I'd have slit his throat and watched him choke to death on his own blood.

InfectedNation
12-22-2011, 02:09 PM
I would have kept Maria out of it entirely and gathered a group of loyal Assassin's to confront Abbas, just like Altair did 20 years too late.

As for killing Abbas, I don't like the way they did it in Revelations.

In the Secret Crusade the Assassin's march up to the fortress peacefully, not killing a single assassin (though beating up many and badly wounding some archers).

And once the Assassins reached the stairs, Altair shot Abbas because his die-hards were about to slaughter Altair and the other Assassins, He did it in order to prevent a civil war.

And if it was Ezio, I'm sure he would have murdered Abbas as soon as he found out the he killed Malik and Sef

Sarari
12-22-2011, 02:25 PM
The problem with Altair is that he let love conquer revenge, which in this case was a bad thing.

ProdiGurl
12-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by InfectedNation:
I would have kept Maria out of it entirely and gathered a group of loyal Assassin's to confront Abbas, just like Altair did 20 years too late.

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Me too, he should have left her to bake bread in the kitchen. lol
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
But seriously, that's a good idea - now I'm wondering why he did bring her? To get answers about their son together? </span>

As for killing Abbas, I don't like the way they did it in Revelations.

In the Secret Crusade the Assassin's march up to the fortress peacefully, not killing a single assassin (though beating up many and badly wounding some archers).

And once the Assassins reached the stairs, Altair shot Abbas because his die-hards were about to slaughter Altair and the other Assassins, He did it in order to prevent a civil war.

And if it was Ezio, I'm sure he would have murdered Abbas as soon as he found out the he killed Malik and Sef

I think you're right about Ezio. He wouldn't let that go.

Thanks for offering the book's perspective on it too.