PDA

View Full Version : OT Machinegun VS. HP printer.

Waldo.Pepper
09-30-2006, 01:41 PM
I wonder what will happen.

http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=116785

I am SURE he feels better after.

leitmotiv
09-30-2006, 02:06 PM
After being diddled by Apple for two years over a completely worthless, brand-new Powerbook; put through hell by a couple sociopathic Epson techs whenever my all-in-one misbehaves; and routinely overcharged by Earthlink swines---I lovvvvved that! The computer world is the greatest rationalization of larceny, incompetence, and appalling customer relations I've seen in my 53 years.

horseback
09-30-2006, 02:21 PM
Have been forced to use the same "All-In-One" POS in a similar setting over my reasoned objection that using a scanner and a printer is cheaper, more efficient and reliable.

Unfortunately, I was denied the satisfaction of the M60 solution. I did, however, bring in a $39.00 HP3320 and a HP scanner of similar cost to do the job of the 2.8X as expensive multi-function POS, to the great annoyance of the nitwit who fell in love with the manufacturer's brochure.

cheers

horseback

PS-the 'base' models of printer and scanner from HP require far less storage space too.

ytareh
09-30-2006, 02:27 PM
Am I the only one deeply concerned about that video on oh so many levels!!!???(And the mg sounds 'porked'-people complain about our ingame sounds...)

leitmotiv
09-30-2006, 02:32 PM
I thought the DM of the HP was excellent.

BoCfuss
09-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by leitmotiv:
I thought the DM of the HP was excellent.

I don't know about the DM, it shrugged off the first volley very well. Not until the M60 was opened up with an full 2 second burst did stuff start falling off. It's porked. Be sure.

ploughman
09-30-2006, 04:00 PM
Yodah says.

"Never a scanner and printer in one be,
Or 7.62mm fully automatic you shall see."

KaleunFreddie
09-30-2006, 04:05 PM
A salesperson will sell you anything, whether it works or not. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BUT man where did you learn to shoot, I thought I was bad.. that printer could have walked away unscathed, if it was not on top of the riddled drum http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

leitmotiv
09-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Guy was probably a desk jockey at company HQ. A-and, the M60 isn't exactly a Daisy target rifle---did you see all the flying dust? Amazing he hit the friggin thing at all.

BSS_CUDA
09-30-2006, 05:51 PM
I thought the DM of the HP was excellent. heck that HP has a better DM than the ingame P-38 it clearly took him 50-60 rounds to kill it. only takes a single shot to take off the 38 Boom http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

leitmotiv
09-30-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm all for a GIs vs. Western consumer merchandise sim: CALL TO GLORY: ARMY VS WHATEVER. Check out the DMs of horribly expensive laptops, luxury cars, refrigerators, toilets, paper towels, designer jeans, iPods, health supplements, politicians, Madison Avenue ad men, Steve Jobs, Enron executives, Hollywood airheads, and...dolphins. It would crush GRAND THEFT AUTO.

Philipscdrw
09-30-2006, 06:10 PM
I have a Lexmark scanner-printer device. It's good because it's more compact and convenient than a seperate scanner and printer. And it was on offer - 40 from WHSmith two years ago, if memory serves.

Problem is, it doesn't really print colour properly. And doesn't print reliably at all. But that's likely because I haven't replaced the cartridges in two years, just made ham-fisted attempts to refill them.

If you're shooting at me and I didn't notice, it's probably because I'm trying to identify landmarks on a monochrome paper map...

RCAF_Irish_403
09-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Reminds me when they killed the copying machine in "Office Space" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LStarosta
09-30-2006, 07:04 PM
I'm all for a GIs vs. Western consumer merchandise sim: CALL TO GLORY: ARMY VS WHATEVER. Check out the DMs of horribly expensive laptops, luxury cars, refrigerators, toilets, paper towels, designer jeans, iPods, health supplements, politicians, Madison Avenue ad men, Steve Jobs, Enron executives, Hollywood airheads, and...dolphins. It would crush GRAND THEFT AUTO.

+1.

I wish my Mess Dress Uniform didn't cost over $400.

Then again I need to win some more medals to make my chest look impressive in that thing, so I guess I won't mind Modified Service Dress fer now.

leitmotiv
09-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Good lad! Play up, play up, and play the game!

LStarosta
09-30-2006, 07:13 PM
I hope toilet paper is still okay.

It would be horrible if we were reduced to handkerchiefs.

DmdSeeker
10-01-2006, 04:25 AM
How is engaging in New Age colonialism protecting "my" freedom?

leitmotiv
10-01-2006, 04:29 AM
DMs of toilet paper will not be tested on penalty of instant death by firing squad.

leitmotiv
10-01-2006, 04:31 AM
I am a tremendous fan of old age colonialism. I abhor the dropping of traditions.