PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft "help" is no help at all

hp00nis
12-17-2011, 05:12 AM
I posted a message to the developers as I purchased ACR when it appeared on the PC. I have AC, AC2 and ACB also.

I was very disappointed with the 40+ minutes of credits which have prompted me to never go beyond the end cut scene ever again (even if I intend to replay this title). I say that as it seems to be the shortest in terms of overall gameplay and depth than any of the others and yet still costs the same.

It has "frozen" 3 times whilst I was involved with it.

I have a NPC which has a red "x" target on it. This appeared during the poisoning trickster plotline. All of a sudden two targets were highlighted as I chased her: her and this other.

Music: I turn it right down in options but it still plays and it annoys the crap out of me.

Some of the cut scenes are partially silent: sound will be heard then nothing and then sound again toward the end.

Finally, I have the SPECIAL EDITION with a code for extra multiplayer characters and Ezio's ultimate armour. This code will not enter under any circumstances.

Now, all this when presented to UBISOFT, resulted in an automated response then a lacklustre email suggesting I alter my settings here and there and remove tenmporary files, and so on. Steps which I have never had to encounter with any of the previous titles. There was no mention of the code entry problem, nothing about the other issues. Every time I try to respond to the sent emails my messages just bounce back again. After a day or two I then receive another email from UBISOFT declaring that, as they have heard nothing more from me on the matter, they will deem the problem SOLVED.

BULL****! It is not solved at all. Stop dropping your customers into a cyber black hole and you will probably see that none of the problems you get informed of are resolved!

value_zero
12-17-2011, 05:23 AM
You have a point, but the guys that run the forum here, are payed (or atleast think so) to keep it running, not being as that much supportive, and i dont blame them, just opposite, cause they are being supportive no matter at all, but in your case, no one can help you, it sucks, i know, just believe in your heart (haha, dont pay that much attention to that, im the same as this in real life) and everythin will be fine.

Clarth
12-17-2011, 05:54 AM
From the things I gather the Ubisoft support is rather pispoor.

They can help you at certain points, but the people that get helped don't post often about it.

So you'll most likely hear the people who didn't get helped.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
12-17-2011, 06:04 AM
Hi hp00nis,

Please contact a Forum Manager by PM with your ticket number and details. Either Mr_Shade, Black_Widow9 or myself and we will try and help you.

TB_Jaybird
12-19-2011, 12:36 AM
I will save you the first two weeks of standard support replies.

First support letter is : Update drivers. They send you this even if you have stated that you have up to date drivers. This is so they can fob you off for 48 hours. If they did care then they would have read that you have up to date drivers and would not be sending you a reply that states that you need to update your drivers.

Second : Send us the DXDIAG output. They wont read it, they might collate it, but it buys them 48 hours. Sometimes they supply their own info gathering tools for you to use.

Third : Drop everything in msconfig startup options. What they dont tell you is that you might fry your video card by doing this since most cards have fan drivers in those suites and if you dont cool your GPU you run the risk of turning your card into an expensive heat sink.

Fourth : Get rid of ALL other software on your system and just try it with only the game and OS. Yeah, %90 give up here.

Fifth : Get rid of peripherals such as the soundcard or video card if you use those. If you really like the game then you will try this only to see that you need all that stuff to runteh game so why are they telling you this?

If you are still around after that you are in a position where the game wont run anyway and you give up.

Learn this lesson : Read the forums PRIOR to buying a PC game especially if it has the UBISOFT title.

MSCazangiu
12-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by hp00nis:

I have a NPC which has a red "x" target on it. This appeared during the poisoning trickster plotline. All of a sudden two targets were highlighted as I chased her: her and this other.

I think that NPC is Duccio. It appears after you've made some progress in the game and you'll get an Achievement if you beat him (Achievement is called Bully). I'm not sure but I think this NPC can also appear during some other missions (it may be randomly generated) and it has some background from ACB.

Regarding Ubi support, I didn't need it so far (I've played ACR; ACB; Heroes V; Heroes VI, Far Cry2 and Anno1404 and all worked well - with some minor bugs - but nothing really close to a broken game/exclusive content), so I can't say anything on this matter.

iNvid22
12-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Ubi support is utter garbage, keep opening new cases until someone who knows what they are doing (extremely rare over there) is assigned to your case