PDA

View Full Version : Not "Lost in the Clouds" - Lost Clouds

vhariel
02-27-2007, 02:26 AM
I installed the latest update for 46,Sturmovik Stab and UQMG and now I have lost most of the CLOUDS.No matter what weather setting is used it remains almost what used to be the GOOD setting.Going from Good to Blind to Thunder just results in the horizon getting darker and hazy with scattered clouds.No need for the windshield wiper on the Mosquito.Does anyone have any idea what I could have done and if it needs to be reinstalled from the CD?Thanks for the help !

stathem
02-27-2007, 02:31 AM
Hi. It may be an obvious thing but sometimes easy to overlook; can you check your difficulty settings? - Iirc there is a check in there for 'No Clouds'

vhariel
02-27-2007, 02:52 AM
I just checked the difficulty settings and clouds are ON.Thanks for the idea anyway.

stathem
02-27-2007, 03:05 AM
Ok, sorry that one didn't work.

Got another idea.

In your in-game graphics set-up - you know the one where you can change from perfect to excellent etc. (accessed through 'Video Options' I think)

In there there is a setting for Detailed, Medium or No Clouds. Have you checked that?

vhariel
02-27-2007, 07:44 PM
I checked after reading your post.It is on EXCELLENT.Clicked on CUSTOM and the clouds are on DETAILED.Changed to none and tried it.No clouds period.Changed back to detailed and now there are the right amount of clouds.Finally!Very strange.Thanks very much for the help as I would not have looked there.

stathem
02-28-2007, 05:27 AM
Np.

Dunno why switching them off then on would work, but pleased you got it sorted.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif