PDA

View Full Version : Key assignments do not work.

RonaldRol
08-28-2006, 03:32 AM
Hello, last I changed some keys in PF but now the keys do not work and also some other keys which I did not change did not work anymore. When I try to lower or raise the gear I have to press 'G' but nothings happening. I can't even look outside the airplane anymore. Not a flyby or something. Can you help me with this problem?
Thanks
Regards Ronald

gdfo
08-28-2006, 05:03 AM
If I were you I would set to default and then reset. Unless you have accidentally set your config to 'read only'.

Tully__
08-28-2006, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by RonaldRol:
Hello, last I changed some keys in PF but now the keys do not work and also some other keys which I did not change did not work anymore. When I try to lower or raise the gear I have to press 'G' but nothings happening. Some controls don't work in all aircraft. The F4F for example did not have power operated landing gear and in the game you have to map and use the "Raise Landing Gear Manually" and "Lower Landing Gear Manually" controls. Each control has to be tapped many times (42 IIRC) to fully crank the landing gear up or down. What other controls were affected?

I can't even look outside the airplane anymore. Not a flyby or something. Can you help me with this problem?
Thanks
Regards Ronald
This sounds like you've changed difficulty settings, if the "No External Views" difficulty setting is on you can't use any view from outside the plane including fly-by.

FoolTrottel
08-28-2006, 06:09 AM
Edit: What Tully said... lol... his reply only appeared on my screen after I pressed 'Post now'

When I try to lower or raise the gear I have to press 'G' but nothings happening

Could this be happening in a plane that only has a manual crank? (FM2? F4F?)

I can't even look outside the airplane anymore. Not a flyby or something.

Sounds more like a changed difficulty setting: 'No External Views'

Have Fun!