PDA

View Full Version : @ Crazy Ivan the Server God!

Rotor_1
04-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Your Dedicated server post is nothing short of AWESOME!

Thank you very much. I was able to get our squad server up and running and it works with our guys getting on and flying!

But, we want to fly coop's.

Is there ANY way to do this?
We purchased a server from Jolt.Co.UK and I loaded the Dedicated server 204 EXE, then patched to 303M and then to 304M...All members who ahve connected work fine for the dogfights, but we cannot load a Coop, which is what we mainly do....

any advice would be very much appraciated.

Thanks,

Rotor

Rotor_1
04-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Your Dedicated server post is nothing short of AWESOME!

Thank you very much. I was able to get our squad server up and running and it works with our guys getting on and flying!

But, we want to fly coop's.

Is there ANY way to do this?
We purchased a server from Jolt.Co.UK and I loaded the Dedicated server 204 EXE, then patched to 303M and then to 304M...All members who ahve connected work fine for the dogfights, but we cannot load a Coop, which is what we mainly do....

any advice would be very much appraciated.

Thanks,

Rotor

Tully__
04-10-2005, 11:13 AM
No coops with the dedicated server.

Some who host coops in a serious fashion use a seperate machine for the host with the host "flying" a plane that's left parked on the airfield in some obscure corner of the map with the host's view pointed at something easy to render (clear sky is good). This means the host machine isn't working very hard on the host's "player" aircraft and can devote more resources to the players. It's not as good as ded server, but it's better than actively playing on the host machine.

You can force the host's choice of plane by checking the "Player" box on that plane in Full Mission Builder just like you would for the player aircraft in a single mission.