PDA

View Full Version : Climbing the Masyaf Tower - is it possible? *possible minor spoilers*

Phreaky_McGeek
11-18-2007, 05:59 AM
Hey guys, my network card bricked on me so I've been away since the release date http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

For those of us that haven't been experiencing these awful glitches (I'm a 360 owner, but Ubi... really. It's kind of disgraceful), do you think it's possible to reach the high levels of the Masyaf fortress?

There's a lot of ledges and structures that suggest that it's possible to scale the walls, but they all seem a matter of inches too far apart to scale.

Promising areas to climb look like the tower that you climb up near the start, but that only really seems to be there for that story factor and doesn't really lead anywhere (apart from the planks below), and the arches in the garden behind Masyaf. Altair gets awfully close to reaching a climbing point but can't quite seem to make it - it might be possible to get into a flowerbed and make that extra foot.

Of course, this could all be irrelevent as there's a good chance the tower has very few collision models, but the guards are marching along those walls fine, and they have to get up somehow, right? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

So anyone with any tips on getting up there (intentional or "glitched") please post your ideas and we might be able to reach the top http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Assasinoftheold
11-18-2007, 06:50 AM
Hmm. I will look now! That would be awsome!

Assasinoftheold
11-18-2007, 07:22 AM
Sorry for double post but..
No i dont think it is. There seems to be a wall that wont let you past a certain height or to close to a key wall.
I have tried to do it in the courtyard in the back and that is not possible as you cant go up the wal or jump to any balconys.

The front of the fort is also impossibe because it just wont let you climb http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

That is what i think anyway. Anyone else?

theassassin_07
11-18-2007, 09:00 AM
nope..me and phreaky both tried but no luck..

maybe they will make a update were you can use "B" as in hold it, cause i could actually get close if i could do that

Kariko762
11-18-2007, 09:13 AM
well think logically...

This is the place where "assassins" hide - assassins are experts at climbing and all this free-running. would it not make sense that they make their place of hiding safe from people that can do the same as them???????

Assasinoftheold
11-18-2007, 09:20 AM
This is the place where "assassins" hide

Yes so shouldnt they be able to climb it and practice? I think it is a shame to see such a vast and awsome building go to waste that is all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Kariko762
11-18-2007, 09:37 AM
yeah i agree, but in theory making it climable also gives it a weakness....

that aside i agree its a waste of a good building.. im not too bothered though cos this is the only game i actually get vertigo when playing... so no skin off my shoulders http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Zikro
11-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Isn't there a haystack inside near the front door to the actual building? Seems strange they'd place one there... I'll go check it out.

AirRon_2K7
11-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Zikro:
Isn't there a haystack inside near the front door to the actual building? Seems strange they'd place one there... I'll go check it out.

Oh yeah, I think I'll check it out too... >_> Time for some thorough AC searching.

Assasinoftheold
11-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Wil you post a step by step if it is possible?

AirRon_2K7
11-18-2007, 10:11 AM
I will, but atm all I have found out is:

The hay bale outside the tower is a way of getting down if you repeat the "leap of faith" sequence that happens at the end of the game (ie. If you jump down again... that's how you get back...)

I'll look again, but it's very hard... I don't think it's possible.

Zikro
11-18-2007, 10:20 AM
My search was unsuccessful... maybe there is a way from where you first do the Leap of Faith. If you jump from the platform up onto the building or around the side but doubt it. I'll go check that out when I get back to Masyef, working on completing two investigations I missed and getting some achievements.

Phreaky_McGeek
11-18-2007, 11:17 AM
I found this sorta shelter thing on the lower levels of the garden. If you can get on top of that, it *should* be possible to get on the roof. It seems to disable the B/O function though as I can't seem to hang onto it.

Vanquish_Xx
11-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Theres a little shed type thing in the garden you can get on top of it and from there I just missed getting onto the side of the building. It looks like Altair can climb it but he just cant reach from where he is. It really looks to me like they made it impossible to climb.

KillerKahuna
11-18-2007, 12:30 PM
I was also wondering why there's a bunch of hay near the enterance of the building

*Spoiler*

Where you get stabed by your master

*Spoiler*

Yeah it looks like you should be able to do a leap of faith from there to the hay

Phreaky_McGeek
11-18-2007, 12:38 PM
@Vanquish: Yeah, that's the one I meant.

It does all seem rather odd... I found one place that could be very easy to climb up to, though. If you climb up the ladder to that tower which you LOF off at the beginning, but don't go up the second, if you go onto the battlements there are some windows on the rear side of the right tower. However you can't climb on the fence nearest to them... this is really frustrating http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Crayfishy123
11-18-2007, 12:42 PM
i believe the hale bay outside the fort is where you set off the trap at the beggining of the game. you can leap of faith out of the tower.

Phreaky_McGeek
12-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Hasn't been active in a while, but I think I have minor progress!

Going up the ladder to the first Leap of Faith in the game, I collected the flag up there (I started again), but accidentally leaped off the highest point (above the second ladder), and grabbed hold of one of the windows on the wall - well, I stood on thin air, to be more accurate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I couldn't jump to the window above me, but I could tell if I'd landed on the one above I'd be able to climb further, that is if I grabbed the window and stopped floating.

It's pretty much confirmed that it's been designed to be impossible to scale, but every problem has a solution.

Crash_Plague
12-08-2007, 03:42 PM

If you go back to the place in the mission "Hero of Masayaf" where you dropped the logs before, can do a leap of faith from there. Thats what the hay is for.

So you gotta jump off the plank thing on the inside, then walk across the beams over the canyon, climb the building until you get to some wooden watchpost and then you leap of faith from there into the hay, its fun, try it!!

spazzoo1025
12-08-2007, 04:13 PM
everywhere is just like 2 inches from my grasp...

ACfanboy12
12-08-2007, 06:42 PM
I think I got somewhere, When you climb the tower, where you jump down with your buddies for the leap of faith, when you climb the first floor, and you go to the left... there is a little edge there.

I tried jumping on it, landed a couple times, but It didnt let me go anywhere... but I see a smaller ledge just out of my reach, maybe Im not timeing it right? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Phreaky_McGeek
12-09-2007, 02:45 AM
I've mentioned that one earlier, it seems like a prime location.

I hadn't noticed that the B button was disabled altogether, which is a bit daft if you want to use gentle push (how is that even violent?)

oldman765
12-15-2007, 11:18 PM
I want to keep this thread active and just to add mabye we are approch this th wrong way i have try this before and failed due to timeing i think maybe i will try climbing from the inside then(ledge above the door and then swinging round then up and so on). Anywho sorry if this didnt help but as others siad it would be a waste of a awsome climbable buidling.

Phreaky_McGeek
12-16-2007, 06:41 AM
Having B disabled lousy programming (should be able to grab walls/gentle push) or Ubi trying to stop us from climbing it, in which case the patch won't let us grab hold of that overhang in the gardens. That pretty much disables any chance of getting up from the outside, so I think you could be right.

avsrule247
12-16-2007, 07:37 AM
Um... Just curious... What is the point of climbing it anyways? There is nothing special up there, and all you do after climbing it is come back down.

xELITEGUNNERx
12-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Phreaky_McGeek:
Hey guys, my network card bricked on me so I've been away since the release date http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

For those of us that haven't been experiencing these awful glitches (I'm a 360 owner, but Ubi... really. It's kind of disgraceful), do you think it's possible to reach the high levels of the Masyaf fortress?

There's a lot of ledges and structures that suggest that it's possible to scale the walls, but they all seem a matter of inches too far apart to scale.

Promising areas to climb look like the tower that you climb up near the start, but that only really seems to be there for that story factor and doesn't really lead anywhere (apart from the planks below), and the arches in the garden behind Masyaf. Altair gets awfully close to reaching a climbing point but can't quite seem to make it - it might be possible to get into a flowerbed and make that extra foot.

Of course, this could all be irrelevent as there's a good chance the tower has very few collision models, but the guards are marching along those walls fine, and they have to get up somehow, right? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

So anyone with any tips on getting up there (intentional or "glitched") please post your ideas and we might be able to reach the top http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

i don't think u can

Phreaky_McGeek
12-16-2007, 12:28 PM
@avsrule: same with parachuting, but people aspire to do that.

@elitegunner: Perhaps once you've done posting useless comments on every thread in the forum you could take the time to understand this thread.

xELITEGUNNERx
12-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Phreaky_McGeek:
@avsrule: same with parachuting, but people aspire to do that.

@elitegunner: Perhaps once you've done posting useless comments on every thread in the forum you could take the time to understand this thread.

ok

Dragoon13063
12-18-2007, 04:07 PM
well i've found a way to get upwards in the tower but then i reached a dead end.....:/ where maysaf (the old dude) stands on the balcony....you can jump onto their after various tries but then theres just one more jump from there and thats it....im stuck.

robo3687
12-18-2007, 05:26 PM
^^^

um...masyaf is the assassin village. 'the old dude' is al mualim....lol

Dragoon13063
12-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by robo3687:
^^^

um...masyaf is the assassin village. 'the old dude' is al mualim....lol

lol sorry i thought the village was names after him....wow im a dumb ***...lmfao

Menece360
12-19-2007, 06:21 AM
Well... i seriously doubt that there is a way to climb it, because if there was surely there would be a flag or 2 up there. And i know there isn't a flag up there because i have all the masyaf flags

jaz_1000
05-23-2008, 06:13 PM
i have got close, i have managed to reach a wall but thats it, if u go up the ladder by the tower and turn right b4 u go up the second ladder or even go inside u reach a balcony, jump onto the edge of the balcony in the middle then drop and keep hold of the grab button, u hit a ledge but thats as far as i have got XD

Bobfish_Almight
05-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Wow, I thought this thread had been locked. But yeah, like someone said up above, no flags up top means probably not climbable. Though I'm still adamant that it was going to be at some point. Just look at the hey

spazzoo1025
05-25-2008, 09:31 PM
i think a Mod confirmed once that its not climbeable

altairego
05-26-2008, 08:12 PM
then why the hell leave all those clues that it should be climable like hay and wooden structures?! leaves me jumping in rage

Kaxen6
05-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by altairego:
then why the hell leave all those clues that it should be climable like hay and wooden structures?! leaves me jumping in rage

Maybe they intended climbability (is that even a word?), but then changed their minds?

Selur_Riatla
05-26-2008, 08:50 PM
After reading this I had to go try it myself.

There's literally no where to go from the tower where you take the first LOF...the garden is impossible too.

I tried every square inch of the fort, there's no way up.
It is such a waste...in the next game they should make it so that you can climb it...maybe put some flags, or like a competition between you and another assassin (mini-game-like?) or an achievement...just something.

@avsrules: It's in human nature to get as high as they can in life (literally and metaphorically.) Plus, it'd probably have a really cool view. (:

almostmorning
05-28-2011, 04:12 PM
@avsrules
it'a a matter of principle I'd say... the fact that there is a huge structue in front of you which you are unable to climb in a game which advertises absoulute free-running... a bit ironic that you can climb any structure you want except your own headquarter...

just hope that we might be able to climb it in Relevetions =)

SixKeys
05-28-2011, 07:25 PM
I always thought it made sense that the assassins would design a fortress that was impossible for enemies to scale. Maybe Ezio will be able to climb it with his new hookblade in Revelations.

alaskan.d
06-13-2011, 08:59 PM

its there for jumping down from the log trap in the templar seige in the beginning