PDA

View Full Version : It's seems as if OPPONENT AI is dumbed down and wingmen AI is smarter

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 06:35 PM
Every mission I fly (bf109) we end up with 15-20 kills to 2 or 3 losses. It's used to be that we would get are butts kicked, that "Your unit had to borrow planes from a neighboring unit".

Now, I can't even get a kill because by the time I engage all the enemy planes are shot down by my wingmen. If I do get behind someone, my wingmen cut me off and take the kill. It's weird.

Most of the time the AI is just flying straight and blind. I pull in behind them, I can actually fly in formation with them, they don't react, I just slowly play target practice with them.

And it seems like there is a lot more AI planes in the air now. Before it was 4-8 on each side, now it's ~12 on each side. I don't mind, I actually think it's better, I just wish some of my side was shot down too.

And it seems like the only way I get a kill is by the plane exploding into molecules. I haven't seens wings break off or planes catch fire, it's just explosion.

Anyway, is it just the missions I am flying right now? I am flying the bf109F4 campaign in Crimea.

Thanks!

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 06:35 PM
Every mission I fly (bf109) we end up with 15-20 kills to 2 or 3 losses. It's used to be that we would get are butts kicked, that "Your unit had to borrow planes from a neighboring unit".

Now, I can't even get a kill because by the time I engage all the enemy planes are shot down by my wingmen. If I do get behind someone, my wingmen cut me off and take the kill. It's weird.

Most of the time the AI is just flying straight and blind. I pull in behind them, I can actually fly in formation with them, they don't react, I just slowly play target practice with them.

And it seems like there is a lot more AI planes in the air now. Before it was 4-8 on each side, now it's ~12 on each side. I don't mind, I actually think it's better, I just wish some of my side was shot down too.

And it seems like the only way I get a kill is by the plane exploding into molecules. I haven't seens wings break off or planes catch fire, it's just explosion.

Anyway, is it just the missions I am flying right now? I am flying the bf109F4 campaign in Crimea.

Thanks!

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 06:41 PM
Might depend on difficulty settings you have. True AI is not ultra skilled and your own men WILL grab your target.

But I`ve had missions where my own side were shot to bits. I`m on Moscow now with Yaks and we`ve had to borrow planes from a training unit (oh the humiliation). Our group were totally annihilated by Jerrys waiting for us on a bombing mission. I was only survivor!

On average settings. Settings Real with outside views (to look at my plane) and no instant mission success off.

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.

Message Edited on 08/14/0305:42PM by SeaFireLIV

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 06:43 PM
2. New parameters in conf.ini:
RandomFlights=n sets number of flight groups not related to mission. Maximum is 5, minimum 0, default 2. New random groups - friendly bombers and returning allied planes.
NoBadWeather eliminates storms, rain, snow, blind weather. All weather is possible by default
NoAirfieldHighlight - Not used airfields won't have AAAs anymore, which also removes their highlighting with a color on a map. They have AAA and are highlighted by default
CampaignAI=Easy (Hard), default is Normal - increases or decreases friendly and hostile AI level.
CampaignMissions=Easy (Hard), default is Normal - switches to different scripts for operations, affecting number of planes and groups. Even on Hard, the scripts are less challenging than in the previous version - for all nations and years. CampaignDifficulty now sets both AI and Missions.
CampaignLength=VeryLong (Long,Medium,Short,VeryShort), default is VeryLong. Sets number of missions in campaign. Long is about 2 times shorter than VeryLong. VeryShort is about 10 times shorter.

The lines can be placed anywhere in conf.ini, but recommended way to do it is to create in the end of the files a new [DGen] section and add everything after that. An example:

[DGen]
NoAirfieldHighlight
NoBadWeather
RandomFlights=5
MissionDistance=30
CampaignMissions=Hard
CampaignAI=Easy

<center>http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetemp_both/language/www/US/TX/Dallas.gif </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 07:57 PM
I really haven't noticed any change in aI or any difference in the outcome of my missions. Campaign missions have always slightly favoured your side, for the sake of gameplay.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin - 1755

"Who cares about essential liberty? What essential liberty?" Well wait
'til Patriot act II, we'll see about your precious liberties!! John Ashcroft - 2003

Message Edited on 08/14/0307:00PM by mortoma

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 09:01 PM
I'm only guessing, but this may be because your pilots are more experienced. eg: Germans start with more experienced pilots at the beginning of the war, but Russians get more experience as the war goes on.
My mission (VVS I-16 - Lvov 1941) today ended with 6 down on our side and 9 down on theirs. Keep in mind many of these 9 were Stukas.

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 11:26 PM
Looks like you don't use limited ammo.../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
Anyway, in QMB the aces are quite dumb, maybe smarter then in 1.0, but stil...

<center>"The show must go on..."<center>
<center>http://www.btinternet.com/~jj_b/vaw/images/iar81t.jpg </center>
<center>A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great'
landing is one after which they can use the plane again<center>

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 11:35 PM
I set up a couple of quick missions yesterday before I went online. Rarely lost a plane in my flight with the same level of ai opposing us. I set them all on average to give myself a warmup turkeyshoot and tried to keep the planes fairly even. P-40s vs emils etc.

Only did it 3 or 4 times so it could be a fluke.

Dunno.