PDA

View Full Version : A few random questions (not directly plot-related) *Spoilers*

NemesisNyx
01-08-2011, 12:56 AM
These are just a few random questions that came to mind while playing ACB...

During some of the discussions in the e-mails in ACB, Lucy and the others mention their rooms. Like when Rebecca asks for Advil or whatever it was, Lucy says it's on the windowsill of her room (or something like that.) However, they don't really have rooms to go to considering they're trying to stay underground, and if you walk around the Sanctuary you can clearly see sleeping bag-looking things on the floor. So what rooms are they talking about?

Another question is what exactly Lucy does. In ACI, it's pretty clear that she's running the Animus, whatever that entails. But in ACII and ACB, it seems like that's Rebecca's job, so what's Lucy doing?

<span class="ev_code_RED">*It is important that you remember to add a spoiler warning to the thread title of any thread containing gameplay information. Failure to do so will not only ruin the game for others but put you at risk of suspension, I've edited the title for you on this occasion but make sure to remember this next time.*</span>

LordWolv
01-08-2011, 01:21 AM
Regarding the emails - I noticed that too. I guess Ubi didn't consider that.

About lucy - If you talk to her when you leave the animus, she usually talks about the other Assassins. It hasn't ever actually said, but I'd say that she monitors the other assassins, makes sure where they are and if they're succeeding, and keeping track of the death count. Shaun however controls the assassins and tells them what to do.

Alpha Ender
01-08-2011, 03:47 AM
I've seen Lucy as the de facto leader of her team, which consists of Rebecca, Shaun, Lucy, and Desmond. However, I also see her as either the leader or the adviser [think Grand Master (Al Mualim) to the Master Assassin (Altair)] of the Assassins, especially with her correspondence with the mysterious William M.

However, when you meet Shaun, he mentions that he "coordinates the agents in the fields (paraphrased)", so I'm assuming that Lucy has to be high up, but probably not the top dog (don't put all your eggs in one basket).

As far as the sleeping bags, I don't think I ever noticed, but I will take you at your word for that. My guess would be that the sleeping bags are probably for a nap between shifts as compared to actually sleeping, or if someone has to keep "watch" on Desmond to make sure he's okay while he's in the Animus.

The cell phone surveillance that Rebecca mentioned in the beginning probably picks up electronic emissions, or possibly can see through walls, but there are ways to shield from that (how else did they get away in a van without being traced?). Therefore, it's possible that they are using some of the ruined rooms upstairs, or perhaps they have separate living areas curtailed off inside the tunnel.

In other words, either they shielded and are using the upstairs rooms, or Ubisoft slipped. I'm still inclined to believe the first one because the emails mention a few weeks worth of work here, which would take a definite toll if you were sleeping on a sleeping bag all the time. Not impossible, but...

How's that for a TL;DR?

NemesisNyx
01-08-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm still not convinced... They whole reason they were working underground is because of the cell surveillance, and that's also why Desmond is only allowed out at night, so why would they be allowed into the rest of the Villa? (Also, sorry about the lack of a spoiler warning originally; I didn't think it contained any plot spoilers...)