PDA

View Full Version : What cities will you visit and how much in ACR???

prince162010
10-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Hello guys

I want to ask you what are the cities that will see them in the game ... Is there any other cities with Constantinople and Masyaf http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Sorry for the bad English because I am an Arab and I still learn English http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

iN3krO
10-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by prince162010:
Hello guys

I want to ask you what are the cities that will see them in the game ... Is there any other cities with Constantinople and Masyaf http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Sorry for the bad English because I am an Arab and I still learn English http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes, and this time, it seems like you will need to have assassins controlling all the mediterrain cities so you can go to masyaf safely (it will be like the missions for recruiters in acB).

xx-pyro
10-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Constantinople will be where the majority of the game is based.

You also travel to Maysaf on two separate occasions.

Cappadocia (I think I butchered the spelling) is a Templar underground city that is also visite-able during the game.

Jexx21
10-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by prince162010:
Hello guys

Yes, and this time, it seems like you will need to have assassins controlling all the mediterrain cities so you can go to masyaf safely (it will be like the missions for recruiters in acB). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, no. You just use those missions to decrease Templar influence in cities and put the Assassins in charge. They don't effect your safeness in going to Masyaf.

Anyway, you have Constantinople, Cappadocia, Masyaf, and a small town outside Masyaf.

Constantinople is the largest one of course.

NuclearFuss
10-25-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm still hoping that there'll be little side missions in other places, like the War Machines in Brotherhood. But alas, nobody's mentioned anything like that.

iN3krO
10-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by sackboy411:
I'm still hoping that there'll be little side missions in other places, like the War Machines in Brotherhood. But alas, nobody's mentioned anything like that.

It would be nice if some recruiter's missions would require the help of the mentor (ezio).

rileypoole1234
10-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by sackboy411:

I do too. I definitely remember reading something that mentioned Ezio being able to go on certain missions with recruits over Europe. I'm not sure where I read it, but I know it was mentioned. It may ave just been scrapped though seeing as the game has gone gold and there was no further mention of it.

Jexx21
10-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:

I do too. I definitely remember reading something that mentioned Ezio being able to go on certain missions with recruits over Europe. I'm not sure where I read it, but I know it was mentioned. It may ave just been scrapped though seeing as the game has gone gold and there was no further mention of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They do.. one mission at Level 10 and one at Level 15 for each recruit.

And there are more exotic missions in ACR. Piri Reis will give you 'Bomb Missions' which are the War Machine missions of ACR.

xx-pyro
10-25-2011, 03:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:

It would be nice if some recruiter's missions would require the help of the mentor (ezio). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

[Possible Spoiler Below]
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">All of the recruits final missions to become Assassin's require Ezio's help.</span>

Jexx21
10-25-2011, 03:06 PM
I just said that Pyro..

and it's not a spoiler..

iN3krO
10-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:

I do too. I definitely remember reading something that mentioned Ezio being able to go on certain missions with recruits over Europe. I'm not sure where I read it, but I know it was mentioned. It may ave just been scrapped though seeing as the game has gone gold and there was no further mention of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They do.. one mission at Level 10 and one at Level 15 for each recruit.

And there are more exotic missions in ACR. Piri Reis will give you 'Bomb Missions' which are the War Machine missions of ACR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the combat system has been worked to make bombs usefull (balance the features) then i think i will enjoy this missions *.*

It it's still like acB i think i will want to kill my enemies with my hidden blade and i won't be able T_T

Anyway, it's great we are going to see an Ezio more similar to a real mentor of assassins (like al-muhalim was), plus, maybe any of those recruits will make us remember altair? like: mission for level 10 he does **** like altair at start and in level 15 we notice he learnt a lot in that time.

PS - I might look like a newbie but i have no time to look for every info, i often check the official site for the videos but i do nothing else. I think i was more exicted for AcB then what i'm for AcR :S

Jexx21
10-25-2011, 03:09 PM
I never wanted to kill my enemies with the hidden blades in ACB because it was the most boring option unless it was a sneak attack.

I don't know why you think that is more fun..

xx-pyro
10-25-2011, 03:11 PM
I just said that Pyro..

and it's not a spoiler..

a) It wasn't on my screen before I started posting (although I'm eating and working on a philosophy journal so I didn't finish my post for a bit.) Either way, I could just as easily say that to your first post on this topic, but I didn't because there is no point.

and b) Some people are touchy and would rather not know something like that. Hence the "possible" in the square brackets.

Jexx21
10-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Errr.. you didn't give him the whole list of cities that have free-roam..

That's why I posted.

But regardless, I'm sorry for being rude to you.

iN3krO
10-25-2011, 03:17 PM
I never wanted to kill my enemies with the hidden blades in ACB because it was the most boring option unless it was a sneak attack.

It's not more fun, it's faster... I'm always searching for faster things, in ac1 stealth was faster when i didn't manage very well combat, now i just run over and kill them.

In ac2 i used smoke bombs to take harder guards faster

In acB using dagger and hidden blade and crossbow acording to what you want to do was faster (smoke bombs were useless since they would remove the ability to do killstreaks).

Example of a balance: If killstreaks are made in a way it requires timming skill from player, the less skilled player will prefer to throw a smoke bomb since it will be faster then combat normally each guard.

I just can't be like someppl ask me to be, i can't find it funny to use a sword for no reason when it's slower of hidden blade combat or why i would use bombs to kill guards when i can save time not making those bombs and use killstreaks instead. They give many options to players but most of them are useless and that's what someppl can't see...

Anyway, this is about cities... do you think cappadocia will be as big as constantinople?

xx-pyro
10-25-2011, 03:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

It's not more fun, it's faster... I'm always searching for faster things, in ac1 stealth was faster when i didn't manage very well combat, now i just run over and kill them.

In ac2 i used smoke bombs to take harder guards faster

In acB using dagger and hidden blade and crossbow acording to what you want to do was faster (smoke bombs were useless since they would remove the ability to do killstreaks).

Example of a balance: If killstreaks are made in a way it requires timming skill from player, the less skilled player will prefer to throw a smoke bomb since it will be faster then combat normally each guard.

I just can't be like someppl ask me to be, i can't find it funny to use a sword for no reason when it's slower of hidden blade combat or why i would use bombs to kill guards when i can save time not making those bombs and use killstreaks instead. They give many options to players but most of them are useless and that's what someppl can't see...

Anyway, this is about cities... do you think cappadocia will be as big as constantinople? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt Cappadocia will be as large as Constantinople, since Constantinople looks to be quite large. As for the fastest way of killing guards, bombs would probably outdo killstreaks every single time.

Ioder
10-25-2011, 06:48 PM
I'll find myself in Cappadocia I think, mainly for that cool outfit Ezio is wearing there, hopefully we can wear it anywhere. Sounds like a fun place to be though!

prince162010
10-26-2011, 06:27 AM
I hope this will be the city of Constantinople large so you can ride horses, such as the previous game

prince162010
10-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Ioder:
I'll find myself in Cappadocia I think, mainly for that cool outfit Ezio is wearing there, hopefully we can wear it anywhere. Sounds like a fun place to be though!

Yes its very cool outfit

math.sab
10-26-2011, 06:48 AM
I heard that Constantinople will be smaller than Rome... It makes me sad.

dxsxhxcx
10-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by math.sab:
I heard that Constantinople will be smaller then Rome... It makes me sad.

it makes me happy (that Constantinople is smaller than Rome and not that you're sad about this.. xD), I got bored of Rome pretty fast and sometimes I had the feeling I was spending more time running to a point to another to get a new mission than playing the mission...

math.sab
10-26-2011, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by math.sab:
I heard that Constantinople will be smaller then Rome... It makes me sad.

it makes me happy (that Constantinople is smaller than Rome and not that you're sad about this.. xD), I got bored of Rome pretty fast and sometimes I had the feeling I was spending more time running to a point to another to get a new mission than playing the mission... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I loved what they've done with AC2, a large amount of cities and places to go on free roam. Like AC1, not counting on "kingdom" (besides, I enjoyed the "kingdom"). I would really appreciate big fields in game again.

lukaszep
10-26-2011, 07:58 AM
Constantinople is smaller than Rome, but more dense, so no countryside like in Rome (which is a good thing in my opinion).
No you can't ride horses in Constantinople.
And i heard Cappadocia is free-roam but i don't know if that's true.

prince162010
10-26-2011, 11:47 AM
I heard it would be the bulk of the events in Constantinople, which was divided into four zones are huge Constantin_Beyazid_and_Imperial and_Galata,and I also heard that there are 5 cities will be in the game and Constantinople masyaf Cappadocia Rhodes and Palinyra

iam not sure
is that true???? somebody tell me if he know

lukaszep
10-27-2011, 05:11 AM
I've never heard Rhodes being mentioned as being in ACR, but it's possible it's featured in a side mission. Same goes for Palinyra, unless someone knows something i don't.
Masyaf is in the game, but as far as we can tell it isn't free roam.

Jexx21
10-27-2011, 05:19 AM
Masyaf is free roam, it was confirmed a while ago...

Constantinople, Cappadocia, Masyaf, and a small village outside Masyaf are all free-roam areas.

johnnyhayek
10-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by lukaszep:
I've never heard Rhodes being mentioned as being in ACR, but it's possible it's featured in a side mission. Same goes for Palinyra, unless someone knows something i don't.
Masyaf is in the game, but as far as we can tell it isn't free roam.

I don't know why I remember Rhodes being talked about in ACR. I have a feeling it will be an area at the end of the game. Also, Palmyra* is featured in the E3 trailer, so we might be able to play in it.

AlphaAltair
10-27-2011, 09:14 AM
CONSTANTINOPLE, that's it. the other cities will be like the war machine cities of ACB ie: very small. If you think it'll be like AC2 or 1 you're expecting too much.

LightRey
10-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by AlphaAltair:
CONSTANTINOPLE, that's it. the other cities will be like the war machine cities of ACB ie: very small. If you think it'll be like AC2 or 1 you're expecting too much.

Wrong.

Masyaf is free roam, it was confirmed a while ago...

Constantinople, Cappadocia, Masyaf, and a small village outside Masyaf are all free-roam areas.

Jexx21
10-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by AlphaAltair:

WRONG!

It was confirmed in an interview that the cities/towns that are free-roam are Constantinople, Masyaf, Cappadocia, and a small town outside Masyaf.

How many times must I say that?

AlphaAltair
10-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Always you two....

Anyway we'll see.

BTW technically you can free roam in ACBs Monteriggioni and the WM areas... but only technically.

Jexx21
10-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Not even technically. If you reject doing to mission it just takes you back to Rome. When ever you are in a mission you aren't in free roam.

Serrachio
10-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by math.sab:

Constantinople will technically be smaller than Rome if you consider the area it contains, but the space it takes up will be used up more, as if they used up the countryside of Rome with more city space this time around.

I hope this will be the city of Constantinople large so you can ride horses, such as the previous game

Horses won't be making a return, and I'm glad they don't.

Having horses in cities was clumsy and hard to control them, which made movement less free as it was hoped to have been.

With Constantinople being more of a bustling city, having horses would be more awkward and complicate movement more obviously.

AlphaAltair
10-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Well I had a good old "explore" between checkpoints. I suppose I wouldn't really call it freeroam but then Ubi don't pay me to market or promote their game.

Again though, if you're expecting the cities of AC2 or the cities of AC1 then you'll probably be sorely disappointed.

Jexx21
10-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Well, I'm guessing that Cappadocia is under half the size of Constantinople, and that Masyaf is a little bit smaller, and that the small village is smaller than Masyaf.

The thing is, I don't want the cities of AC1 or AC2. I want a mix of them and ACB.

prince162010
10-30-2011, 01:34 PM
In any case will be a game interesting and beautiful

Thank you very much guys for the answer to my question http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

RangerRico
10-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by math.sab:

Constantinople will technically be smaller than Rome if you consider the area it contains, but the space it takes up will be used up more, as if they used up the countryside of Rome with more city space this time around.

Horses won't be making a return, and I'm glad they don't.

Having horses in cities was clumsy and hard to control them, which made movement less free as it was hoped to have been.

With Constantinople being more of a bustling city, having horses would be more awkward and complicate movement more obviously. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know if they are out of the game entirely or just out of Constantinople

xx-pyro
10-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Well, I'm guessing that Cappadocia is under half the size of Constantinople, and that Masyaf is a little bit smaller, and that the small village is smaller than Masyaf.

The thing is, I don't want the cities of AC1 or AC2. I want a mix of them and ACB.

I was under the impression that the small village outside of Maysaf was only playable during the <span class="ev_code_WHITE">beginning of the game, when you are chasing Leandros.</span> If I'm wrong that would be great though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Moultonborough
10-30-2011, 08:53 PM
@RangerRico- Except for wagons like the ones in the GC demo there are no horses at all. Very happy about it too. I have heard two different things on size of Constantinople one is that it is smaller than Rome but also that it is larger than Rome. Not by much and obviously no countryside.

EDIT: @ Pyro- Watch the demo again. After Ezio kills the guards by the wagon there is a boarded up store on the right. It looks exactly like the renovation stores in AC:B. So, based off of that and some interviews we can go there more than once.

SaintPerkele
10-31-2011, 08:37 AM
I'm still hoping for Rhodes to make an appearance. I mean, there are three different multiplayer maps located in Rhodes - Ubisoft could have just fused them together and we had another city. Maybe they just didn't reveal it yet or it will be in the final mission (like Arsuf, Rome and Viana)..

So i doubt that we can free roam Rhodes, but I would greatly appreciate it.