PDA

View Full Version : 1946 Campaign Question

CeeTee2004
08-11-2007, 09:41 AM
Is it possible to use campaigns written for IL2FB with 1946? If so how do I install the campaign in 1946?

CeeTee2004
08-11-2007, 09:41 AM
Is it possible to use campaigns written for IL2FB with 1946? If so how do I install the campaign in 1946?

FoolTrottel
08-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Yes, that is possible.

Copy the campaign folder as it was installed in the IL2-FB Missions\Campaigns\<country>\??? over to the same folder under Sturmovik 1946.

Have Fun!

Zeus-cat
08-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Any campaign written for any previous variant of the IL-2 series will work with IL-2 1946. The one exception might be a campaign written for the original IL-2 Sturmovik game.

Skycat_2
08-11-2007, 12:32 PM
And as far as the original IL-2 missions possibly not working, I believe that you'll still be able to at least fly them ... the changed FMs might affect timing of events and seriously alter the AI's ability to cruise though, and if there are movie cut scenes (track files) included they probably won't play correctly.

FB and later installments are pretty compatible though, as long as you are using a later version of the game to play missions created in earlier versions.

crucislancer
08-11-2007, 12:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skycat_2:
And as far as the original IL-2 missions possibly not working, I believe that you'll still be able to at least fly them ... the changed FMs might affect timing of events and seriously alter the AI's ability to cruise though, and if there are movie cut scenes (track files) included they probably won't play correctly.

FB and later installments are pretty compatible though, as long as you are using a later version of the game to play missions created in earlier versions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true.

I copied over the Bi-1 campaign from the original IL-2 and it worked ok, though I think there was a few issues with the various changes like you mentioned. I've tried a few of the single missions as well without too much trouble.