PDA

View Full Version : To mod and not to mod - simple idea

HKLE
04-28-2005, 01:01 AM
Hi folks

I had a nice idea last night (maybe it's already discussed here somwhere ?). You are supposed to make a copy of your "original" (patched) game anyway into some other folder.

If there is already one campaign and you do not want to loose your progress AND want to try out some mods, why not go like this:

I assume you have already done your copy stuff and the running version is the modded one.

If you want to go back to your "original" version, just rename your running SH3 folder into something different (like "SH3modded") and rename your backup copy folder into the valid game folder. Thus the original game settings come back.

One more thing:

Of course, you need to backup your career files for the 2 versions somewhere else before playing and need to make sure, that the career files you use are the ones for the version you are trying to play.

As I mentioned ybove - I have not tried it out yet. But it should work.

I was just tired of loosing a saved game status just because I wanted to try out some mods.

HKLE
04-28-2005, 01:01 AM
Hi folks

I had a nice idea last night (maybe it's already discussed here somwhere ?). You are supposed to make a copy of your "original" (patched) game anyway into some other folder.

If there is already one campaign and you do not want to loose your progress AND want to try out some mods, why not go like this:

I assume you have already done your copy stuff and the running version is the modded one.

If you want to go back to your "original" version, just rename your running SH3 folder into something different (like "SH3modded") and rename your backup copy folder into the valid game folder. Thus the original game settings come back.

One more thing:

Of course, you need to backup your career files for the 2 versions somewhere else before playing and need to make sure, that the career files you use are the ones for the version you are trying to play.

As I mentioned ybove - I have not tried it out yet. But it should work.

I was just tired of loosing a saved game status just because I wanted to try out some mods.