PDA

View Full Version : strange fight moments

edfred
04-03-2010, 09:11 AM
fighting in this game has surprised me no end, i have found i can use brooms, a brute cut in half a spear i had so i used it like a sword, and, just now, a brute knocked my sword out of my hand, what i was surprised by was the fact i picked up an enemys better sword and that became my main weapon. I guess i was wondering if there was a way of swapping weapons after a fight, and also interesting things you have found during fights.

adarwinter
04-03-2010, 10:10 AM
combat is AC2, although seems better than AC1 is, in fact, worse. some of the msot important moves that were meant to balance things out, are missing.

so if i was surprisedd about things i can do in combat in AC2? not really. more like i was surprised about things i COULDNT do in AC2, like powerful attacks with swords or knives, like being grabbed, like defense breaks, like how evenies are EITHER dodging (agiles) or countering (elite) or doing power attacks (brutes) but never all of them in one guy (like in AC1) and how stupid is the spear guy who can trip u but not hit u when u r down?

but anyways, on subject :P -
i like how hidden blades' counters are always an instant kill.
i like how u can disarm weekened (or just novice) enemies.

i like the deflect-counters which if u attack right after a deflect u will kill in 2 attacks no matter what (especially against brutes).

i like the tackle move http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif kinda fun.

counters with heavy weapons are always nice but nothing special gameplay-wise.

i like it how if ezio is attacked from behind he will not be able to block. it could have been a nice touch for combat if it wasnt so pi$$ easy by default, if u ain't using the tool i posted.

the best combat gameplay element i liked in AC2 is how in certain cases two enemies will attack u at once from opposite directions. if u block u get hit from behind. if u counter u will hurt one while the other will miss u. best thig is - if u dodge the enemies will ht eachother. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

p.s. - u cant change weapons with enemies. if u have a sword with you, u cant. it's weird. really weird if u ask me. u have to travel AAAAALL the way to monteriggionni to change weapons.

over all, the combat has more vaiations and animations in AC2 but in AC1 is was ddeeper and more challenging.

Heelflip
04-03-2010, 10:39 AM
I agree with adarwinter.
In AC1, you had to use 4 buttons (2 mouse buttons, space and shift) if you didn't want to get hit, while you have to use only 2 buttons (mouse) in AC2. Combat in AC1 was way more fun, you had to pay attention to defense-breaks and grabs. Now you can get away by just holding one mouse button. The exception are brutes that can knock you down, but other guard should have similar moves too.

I really don't understand why they didn't include defense-breaks and grabs. If they were worried about difficulty, then they should add different difficulty levels or at least some options what guards can and can't do.

monkeyuncle8
04-03-2010, 01:07 PM
what is funny about the spear move is you can send a spear all the way through someone body, but as soon as you pick up the person it just falls out

obliviondoll
04-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Definitely missed the guard-break from AC1.

Hope they make the next one with enemies worth fighting.

Still enjoy slitting throats with brooms though.

adarwinter
04-04-2010, 02:08 AM
all UBI should have changed are these -

1- make defense only block enemies from the front (about 120 degrees in front of ezio), so u need to hold block once u know who's attacking.

2- keep the defense breaks!

3- keep the power attacks (long slow attacks) that can through off a counter timing or better yet - make that attack go through a defense, like with the brutes.

4- make the counter timing of the normal weapon shorter. right now u can press counter at any time with that weapon. maybe too easy. i assume it's for balance reasons to make the hidden blades or fists harder to use than the weapons.

5- make all enemies able to dodge and counter (maybe besides brutes) and make counters against ezio hurt him a lil.

just the first 3 changes could have made the combat system oh so much deeper.

keibeck
04-04-2010, 04:00 AM
Poison = http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif