PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo bombers

Jackal3031
02-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Whats the staus on the torpedo bombers? Are they history? I went to the Palm Springs Air Museum. They had a beautiful one there.

Beaufort-RAF
02-21-2005, 01:30 PM
Betty & Kate in the works, forget about American aircraft though.

VBF-83_Hawk
02-21-2005, 02:24 PM
Yeah, forget about the American Iron. Americans are greedy bastages.

Philipscdrw
02-21-2005, 02:42 PM
LOL! Specifically, the lawyers for Northrop Grumman are allegedly greedy basters. (A baster is a person who bastes, as in putting butter under the skin of a chicken before cooking it, to make it tast nicer).

Sharkey888
02-21-2005, 02:44 PM
Maybe Ubi should have known about US laws??!!

Nubarus
02-21-2005, 02:47 PM
When you say American Lawyer you actually say greedy ba$tard.

Nubarus
02-21-2005, 02:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sharkey888:
Maybe Ubi should have known about US laws??!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the first time I actually hear about this kind of bollock$ to begin with.
I have been playing all WWII sims ever created starting from Spitfire 40 on my Atari 800XL on a crappy data recorder and tapes and never did I hear anything about a lawsuit because of the planes that where used.

So, where where them greedy A-holes when EAW came out with loads of US birds in it?
Or the M$ CFS series?
Janes WWII Fighters?
Etc.....

I didn't see any of it until now.....

Oilburner_TAW
02-21-2005, 03:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sharkey888:
Maybe Ubi should have known about US laws??!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif rgr that

Riper-Snifle
02-21-2005, 03:24 PM
quote: This is the first time I actually hear about this kind of bollock$ to begin with.
I have been playing all WWII sims ever created starting from Spitfire 40 on my Atari 800XL on a crappy data recorder and tapes and never did I hear anything about a lawsuit because of the planes that where used.

So, where where them greedy A-holes when EAW came out with loads of US birds in it?
Or the M$ CFS series?
Janes WWII Fighters?
Etc.....

I didn't see any of it until now.....

if you look at the packages on IL 2 Sturmovik, IL 2 Forgotten Battles and Aces Expansion , as well as Lock On Modern Air Combat, all the planes are mentioned by serial number but not by manufacturer. It is not until Pacific Fighters comes out that the company names are used on ANY aircraft. So the question is, why did Ubi-Soft do something that it had avoided before?? It is a small mistake that has legal consequences, and yes LAWYERS ARE GREEDY THATS WHAT MAKES THEM LAWYERS. My response little fishy is to avoid the worm with the big hook sticking through his gut.

Zyzbot
02-21-2005, 03:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nubarus:
Maybe Ubi should have known about US laws??!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the first time I actually hear about this kind of bollock$ to begin with.

Or the M$ CFS series?
Janes WWII Fighters?
Etc.....

I didn't see any of it until now..... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not just in US...read here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3393485.stm

Note the quote about UK MOD prevailed with respect to everything but clothing:
"However we are happy that the roundel has been protected as a trademark in respect of other goods and services."

Akronnick
02-21-2005, 06:18 PM
IBTL

walsh2509
02-21-2005, 06:42 PM
Northrop Grumman

Is there not a Grumman plane in PF?

Sharkey888
02-21-2005, 07:51 PM
The planes should have been named by their nicknames, Wildcat, Avenger, etc.

These copyright infringement cases have been going on in recent years, this is not a new thing. Don't get me wrong I don't agree with it but you have to play by the rules to make $$.

Ubi is a relatively large gaming company that should have known about this. Someone in their legal dept screwed up royal.

Pentallion
02-21-2005, 07:52 PM
They should just ignore the greedy Grumman corp. Why? Because Grumman can't sue people for making a picture of a Grumman plane, that's called artistic expression and Grumman just has to shut up about it.

The planes in IL-2 are all pictures. Just because they are 3D and move in accordance with a physics engine programming, doesn't make one bit of difference to the fact they are nothing more than pictures. You take out the pictures you have nothing more than data about the plane.

Oops! Data about flight characteristics are not the possession of Grumman either! Strike two!

If Ubi had any cajones at all they'd tell Grumman to STFU!

Sharkey888
02-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Maybe some 3D modeler contacted the company for some documents, pictures etc. That could have been how this started.