PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Two Bad Guys

thetoddg
06-26-2009, 03:35 PM
I wonder if the Bad guys in AC 2 are going to be worse than in AC 1. What I mean is that in AC 1, after I finished the game 3 or 4 times, I started realizing that as far as the story line, I should of not killed a couple of the "bad guys". Created a virtual moral dilima you know?

Hope fully AC2 takes out that little regreat aspect of the game.

Another thing that gets to me is who the bad guys in AC 2 are. Im not real fond of killing catholics, being one that is. Does any one know who they are? Im sure they're templars, but what are there other roles?

caswallawn_2k7
06-26-2009, 03:45 PM
templars have nothing to do with the church after the early 1300's when the pope got rid of them all.

godsmack_darius
06-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Well we dont no what theyir occupations are yet, but we no that we are after them because they did something to Ezio, judging from the trailer, looks like he did something to him and his parents, so his mission is vengence, but then he uncovers a conspiracy about them

UchihaKarasu
06-26-2009, 04:09 PM
The Templars vs Assassins continues in AC2 it has just gone underground.
It's pretty clear since the guy at the end of the CGI was waring the Templar cross. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

godsmack_darius
06-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Pretty much I only noticed that the second time I watched itI wa smostly looking at the funny looking expression on his face after it zooms in on his face right near the end

dogmeat_287
06-26-2009, 04:42 PM
In AC2 you are more of a good guy. I too am a catholic and so is your character (I think). Well teh story is about theese guys who murdered your family, and your a part of the nobel families. So I'd say you are more a good guy in AC2 than you were in AC1. I for one consider Leonardo davinci a very good guy, and the nobel families i see them as good people as well.

sensationikke
06-28-2009, 04:43 AM
In AC there were no real bad guys. What the targets wanted, was actually good, but how they did it, was wrong.

You say: Hope fully AC2 takes out that little regreat aspect of the game

In the game Altair wonders or he does good with killing these peep. So i think ubisoft managed to make the player feel the same as Altair.

Raide
06-28-2009, 06:27 AM
I really enjoyed the progression in AC1, where you killed someone because it was your job but gradually you felt it was wrong to kill them.

Do people think it was a good move to add an element of moral doubt to being an assassin? Or should you be an amoral killer?

Account_Deleted
06-28-2009, 06:40 AM
outcome are the same, but effect are diffrent
* i hope that was understanable*

loveboof
06-28-2009, 09:03 AM
The moral doubt raised in AC1 was a genius move! It made the story/game feel much more sophisticated than some of the other mindless killing games out there.

@dogmeat : Do you think the catholic church liked leonardo? saw him as 'a good guy'? lol

He encouraged free thinking and also enjoyed quite a bit of gay sex on the side http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Charlie_Romeo
06-28-2009, 09:23 AM
i enjoyed the moral story that u go through in AC it kinda shows you that even "Evil" people can be doing it for a good outcome. Even though u dont agree with it some people might think that this is the only way to see a good out come is from doing bad things. you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet.

UchihaKarasu
06-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Assassin's Creed has no good or bad guys. Yes to the Assassins, Templars are evil and vise versa. But they are both aiming for a common goal, just going about it in different ways.
Templars want to bring peace by removing free will, believing it is best for the people.
Assassins try to maintain peace by removing the people who disrupt its flow.
Neither method could be considered "good" (though I personally would side with the Assassins)
AC isn't about painting this black and that white, it's about finding and trying to define the different shades of grey.

In the beginning of AC, Altair is arrogant and self-centered, the kind of character you love to hate. He follows his Master's order without question and kills without really seeing his targets methods for what they really are. But the more he learns and begins to see the bigger picture, the more he begins to question, not only his master, but himself. Even you as the player, if into the game enough, begin to wonder about what should really be done. It's a brilliant system. Elements like "duality" are rare in games, or hell, even books and movies now a days. But Ubisoft knew what they were doing, and they did it well. I hope that the story and character development of AC2 is just as good.

sensationikke
06-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by UchihaKarasu:
Assassin's Creed has no good or bad guys. Yes to the Assassins, Templars are evil and vise versa. But they are both aiming for a common goal, just going about it in different ways.
Templars want to bring peace by removing free will, believing it is best for the people.
Assassins try to maintain peace by removing the people who disrupt its flow.
Neither method could be considered "good" (though I personally would side with the Assassins)
AC isn't about painting this black and that white, it's about finding and trying to define the different shades of grey.

In the beginning of AC, Altair is arrogant and self-centered, the kind of character you love to hate. He follows his Master's order without question and kills without really seeing his targets methods for what they really are. But the more he learns and begins to see the bigger picture, the more he begins to question, not only his master, but himself. Even you as the player, if into the game enough, begin to wonder about what should really be done. It's a brilliant system. Elements like "duality" are rare in games, or hell, even books and movies now a days. But Ubisoft knew what they were doing, and they did it well. I hope that the story and character development of AC2 is just as good.

I would like to post an 'i agree witht his post' emoticon, but i don't seem to find it. But i totally agree.

Black_Widow9
06-28-2009, 01:09 PM
I totally agree with UchihaKarasu.
I think the moral progression of Altair helped you get into the story. There are so many games that you just kill stuff without any reason. It made me want to keep playing not only to see the progression of the story but Altair's growth. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

godsmack_darius
06-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Definatly, if you complete the ame, you can definatly see Altair is a changed man,
or how *SPOILERS*
Malik eventually forgave Altair, I thought nit had alot of emotional develpmont and growth

AetosEagle
07-01-2009, 07:14 PM
It's been confirmed that the Templars vs. Assassins will be in every Assassins Creed game, maybe not the Assassins target all the time, but Desmond = Ex Assassin.
Lucy = Working with the Assassins.
Abstergo = Templar company.

It still continues up to the present day just underground.

It's definatly not a question of Good vs. Evil. They both are wanting to acheive the same goal.

SWJS
07-02-2009, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by loveboof:
The moral doubt raised in AC1 was a genius move! It made the story/game feel much more sophisticated than some of the other mindless killing games out there.

@dogmeat : Do you think the catholic church liked leonardo? saw him as 'a good guy'? lol

He encouraged free thinking and also enjoyed quite a bit of gay sex on the side http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif The say I see it, da Vinci will probably be a young, arrogant "Doc Brown" type of character, with wild ideas and eccentric behavior, though nice and friendly.

OniLinkSword
07-02-2009, 04:13 AM
I loved the moral conflict. It added to the story, reflected in Altair's character development, and opened up the idea that there is no real "good guy, bad guy" thing just different methods for the same goal.

This is one thing I like about Star Wars Ep3 too.

sensationikke
07-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by AetosEagle:
Desmond = Ex Assassin.

Desmond is no Ex assassin... He din't even knew about the assassin's... His parents were of the assassin's, he never was one, untill maby now?

moqqy
07-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Raide:
I really enjoyed the progression in AC1, where you killed someone because it was your job but gradually you felt it was wrong to kill them.

Do people think it was a good move to add an element of moral doubt to being an assassin? Or should you be an amoral killer?

Amoral. What are you doing as an assassin if you start doubting your job that easily? Gardener might be a better job.

EmperorxZurg
07-04-2009, 01:12 PM
@sensation

Actually in the begining of the game he sid he was at a camp learning how to become one, but had a change of heart and ran away, wanting nothing to do with them again

Stormpen
07-05-2009, 06:03 AM
Yeah, but why are the Assassin's suddenly trying to rescue him?