PDA

View Full Version : Conviction's DRM

funkmunky80
04-14-2010, 10:43 AM
I think I already know the answer to this, and I don't like; I'm going to ask in the spirit of hope though...

Are Ubi using that stupid bullcr*p DRM that they've been ruining their games with recently?

I'd have no problem having a connection to the Ubi servers to play my game, I have nothing to hide.

Trouble is the Ubi servers are apparently made of mouldy socks, stuck together with dried snot, and spat on occasionally by an old incontinent (yes I do mean a word that's not spat, swap the p for a h and you'll see) camel, that has been suffering with plague while eating bowls of ebola...

I haven't bought a Ubi title since RSV, and I have no intention of buying another in the forseeable future. However I've been a long time Splinter Cell fan, and if this game doesn't use that DRM, then I just may buy it. If it uses the DRM though I'll pass... Assassins creed forum is full of people complaining that they can't even play the game they bought because of the DRM.

GuZZ33
04-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by MikDawg:
http://pics.bikerag.com/Uploads/data/500/258Troll_spray.jpg

Eonomega
04-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Lookie, I can link to images to make my point too!
<span class="ev_code_red"><link removed></span>
You shouldn't hurt paying customers just to use a supposedly 'better' DRM system. If the DRM hurts paying customers, then something is wrong.

Tully__
04-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by GuZZ33:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikDawg:
http://pics.bikerag.com/Upload...0/258Troll_spray.jpg (http://pics.bikerag.com/Uploads/data/500/258Troll_spray.jpg) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And your post is spam. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

soron
04-14-2010, 05:36 PM
How is this trolling, this IS a legitimate concern. There are many people having issues with this DRM. This type of DRM should be removed and shot into the sun. No one wants to effectively rent "playing rights" to a game they paid $60 USD + tax for. Any time a player cannot access the server and is then cheated out of play time, I consider that theft.

If any one is trolling its YOU GuZZ33!

Sypron
04-15-2010, 04:06 AM
Reports of the DRM's reliability are grossly inaccurate.

You only hear about people having problems with it, because people who have no problems do not speak up about it. Therefore the only times you will ever read about the DRM is when it doesn't work.

The DRM works fine on even a 56kb connection. On a broadband connection (from a reliable ISP) expect no interuptions while playing. On a 56kb connection, expect 5-10 second drop outs every 5 or so hours.

It depends largely on the game, but AC2 was released with connection loss resulting in the player being pushed back to the previous checkpoint. A day after release, a patch was release which changes that so the player is not pushed back to the last checkpoint, but is left at the same place.

In the event that the conenction is lost and it cannot be re-established, the game can be saved before closing.

The issue with saves being deleted in AC2 can be very easily fixed. If the user finds their save files missing, they need only signs out of their Ubisoft account and back in. The saves will have returned.

The one time there has been significant server outages was localised to europe, lasted for approximately 7 hours and was the result of a DDOS attack on the servers. It affected ~5% of users trying to play the games, for that duration.

You call it theft when some of the customers are denied access to their lawfully-puchased goods, and it's justified that you say that. But you must also remember that the DRM stopped the thousands of thieves who would have taken the game otherwise. It took a month for a 'real' crack to appear for AC2, but even it has not been confirmed.

You have every right to not buy Ubisoft's products if you take moral umbrage at their business decisions, but atleast make your own actions based on sound research and logical reasoning.

Riprie1
04-15-2010, 07:09 AM
Quit [edit]! The DRM is fine now. I've been playing AC2 since I got the game. I only had problems in the beginning but now it's been nothing but fine.

soron
04-15-2010, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Riprie1:
Quit *****ing! The DRM is fine now. I've been playing AC2 since I got the game. I only had problems in the beginning but now it's been nothing but fine.
Wow usually PC gamers are more mature; anyways not every one has a stable connection. In fact its pretty safe to say the majority of people do not. If UBI refuses to show this consideration, they don't deserve to have those patrons.

This DRM is just another way UBI is alienating PC gamers. This would be after having no demo for PC and postponing the PC release for no apparent reason, and not so much as a word as to why.

funkmunky80
04-16-2010, 06:45 AM
I've got a decent stable internet connection. My concern is the state of the Ubisoft login servers... If they're down (as they seem to be everytime I try to play a Ubi title online), then how are paying customers supposed to play?

If the DRM servers are nothing like the login servers and they stay up all the time (which I highly doubt), then why can't Ubi do the same for the login servers? Why do people stil randomly get booted out of games becasue the ubi login server has died again, and again, and again?

DerSeeBaer
04-16-2010, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Riprie1:
Quit *****ing! The DRM is fine now. I've been playing AC2 since I got the game. I only had problems in the beginning but now it's been nothing but fine.
How is it "fine"? You have to be online to play a friggin offline game!

Sypron
04-16-2010, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by funkmunky80:
I've got a decent stable internet connection. My concern is the state of the Ubisoft login servers... If they're down (as they seem to be everytime I try to play a Ubi title online), then how are paying customers supposed to play?

If the DRM servers are nothing like the login servers and they stay up all the time (which I highly doubt), then why can't Ubi do the same for the login servers? Why do people stil randomly get booted out of games becasue the ubi login server has died again, and again, and again?

I have read no accounts of people with stable connections, even unstable slow connections, being booted from Uplay games while playing.

I myself have stable connection which suffers no interuptions while playing AC2. Even when the connection is shaped it still maintains a connection to the server, with only infrequent and brief drop outs.

funkmunky80
04-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Sypron:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funkmunky80:

I have read no accounts of people with stable connections, even unstable slow connections, being booted from Uplay games while playing.

I myself have stable connection which suffers no interuptions while playing AC2. Even when the connection is shaped it still maintains a connection to the server, with only infrequent and brief drop outs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So then why do the login servers for games like Rainbow Six crap out and die all the time? That is a well documented problem, take a look at the Rainbow Six Vegas forums...

My connection doesn't even have traffic management/shaping on, I get full speed all day long http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also please take note of what I said in my first post, "I haven't bought a Ubi title since RSV..." I haven't bought a ubi title since RSV because of the near constant problems with the servers, and as such I have never used (or even heard of before yesterday) "Uplay".

Speaking of Uplay (and how you've heard no accounts of peopel not being able to play), have you looked at the Uplay forum? One of the stickied topics is Uplay server Unnavailable (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8121060208/m/5851021038). Or there's a few threads in the Silent Hunter forums about not being able to play the game because of the DRM, like This one (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1121062387/m/6451085838). It's stuff like this that will prevent me from buying Ubi titles http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

sam2000_290
04-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Oy! This topic was from the other forum. Guess the mods got lazy and not moved it to here. Anyway, what I said was I support DRM. My internet is on always, no problem for me. One thing is, hope it doesn't waste bandwidth. I only have 60 GB limit.

Sypron
04-16-2010, 11:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sypron:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funkmunky80:

I myself have stable connection which suffers no interuptions while playing AC2. Even when the connection is shaped it still maintains a connection to the server, with only infrequent and brief drop outs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So then why do the login servers for games like Rainbow Six crap out and die all the time? That is a well documented problem, take a look at the Rainbow Six Vegas forums...

My connection doesn't even have traffic management/shaping on, I get full speed all day long http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also please take note of what I said in my first post, "I haven't bought a Ubi title since RSV..." I haven't bought a ubi title since RSV because of the near constant problems with the servers, and as such I have never used (or even heard of before yesterday) "Uplay".

Speaking of Uplay (and how you've heard no accounts of peopel not being able to play), have you looked at the Uplay forum? One of the stickied topics is Uplay server Unnavailable (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8121060208/m/5851021038). Or there's a few threads in the Silent Hunter forums about not being able to play the game because of the DRM, like This one (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1121062387/m/6451085838). It's stuff like this that will prevent me from buying Ubi titles http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Uplay service is independent from the Rainbow Six service. The only games which would be valid to compare it against are Settlers 7 and Assassin's Creed 2, as they are the only ones which currently use the same service.

The Uplay (DRM) servers, other game servers (like Rainbow Six), and the Ubisoft community servers (forums) are independent should be treated differently.

Also, the link you have shown me (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8121060208/m/5851021038) is related to accessing the Uplay service on home consoles; not the PC. The reason I make this distinction is on the home consoles the Uplay service only takes care of things like the 'Actions and Rewards'. It is not the same as the service which is implemented on the PC which is primarily for the DRM.

After having a quick look through the first page of the Uplay forums, I can see only one thread related to a person having problems connecting the DRM servers. They mostly appear to be console problems related to not getting points or code redemption.

I also had a look at the Settlers 7 forums. There seems to be far more threads there related to problems connecting. It's hard to make a distinction between when it's the users connection at fault or Ubi's, but Ubisoft certainly seems to be aware of it.

On the AC2 forums the situation is very different. There is only one thread related to PC feedback, and only a small number of the posts within it are related to the DRM servers refusing connections.

It's hard to tell just how widespread the problems are. After all, the internet is no consensus. But that not to say problems do not exist. I believe that the forums are just skewed towards people having problems, as people who do not do not appear on the forums.

The point I'm trying to make is that we can't know how stable SC:C will be on the PC. Every Uplay game seems to have different levels of stability. Perhaps the best option for you is to wait and see how many people do have problems.

soron
04-17-2010, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Sypron:
The point I'm trying to make is that we can't know how stable SC:C will be on the PC. Every Uplay game seems to have different levels of stability. Perhaps the best option for you is to wait and see how many people do have problems.
Even if the servers and every one's internet work perfectly all the time and no one has any interruptions, which is practically impossible, it does not change the fact you should not have to be online to play a offline game. This DRM is intrusive and unwanted. The only reason some are defending it is because they are fanboys and will defend any thing UBI does.

gremista2006
04-17-2010, 10:00 AM
well, if i want a single player game is because i want to play it when i'm without internet conectioun. At least i think this way.

soron
04-17-2010, 03:33 PM
This has been added to noobysoft's conviction page.
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/logos/ubisoft/OSP-PC-Optional-US.png
I guess they plan on going ahead with this FAIL DRM.

"One month since AC2 was first released, a new successful crack for its DRM has become available. Various accounts place the crack at approximately 90-99% complete, so essentially the DRM held up for over a month before being effectively cracked." Wow only one month and it was cracked; but it is still being a continual inconvenience to legitimate players, FAIL!

funkmunky80
04-18-2010, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by soron:
This DRM is intrusive and unwanted. The only reason some are defending it is because they are fanboys and will defend any thing UBI does.

Well said http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Mr_Shade
04-18-2010, 07:42 AM
Can I remind people to remain civil?

Posting outright attacks on the company, will get posts removed and threads locked..

IF you want to have a civil debate, do so within the rules..

And please stop reporting posts, due to them not agreeing that the DRM is faulty or evil..

Some people will not have an issue with it - so they have just as much right to be heard as those who are against it.

I personally own AC2 and Settlers 7 - and have had zero issues with both.

Eonomega
04-18-2010, 08:01 AM
You obviously must be evil and your post will now be reported. >:[]

Well, I don't personally see a really big problem with it, but it'll be annoying when I'm in places such as Japan, where I won't be able to regularly be hooked up to internet. I've also heard talk about people stationed in Iraq that have to pay for internet time, and thus this would severely limit their time/want for this game as opposed to being able to play the single player whenever they wish.

It's an annoyance to most legitimate buyers if they are on the move and don't have a reliable source of internet.

For people who have a 10mb connection, there may be no problem.

However, there is the issue of this being a slippery slope. The DRM has widespread hatred because of what it is and what it could lead to, not only because it further inconveniences legitimate purchasers of the game.

Pirating the games remains as available and accessible to everyone who cares to run a google search.

I believe that a better solution would be to keep the piraters offline, (through means of keys for the game and such) not to force legitimate purchasers online.

GiriGiri.Ninja
04-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by DerSeeBaer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Riprie1:
How is it "fine"? You have to be online to play a friggin offline game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm with you on that one.
its very stupid to use such a solution on pirates. when a legitimate gamer has this game but doesn't have any sort of connection to the internet and thus can not play is... is... no words can describe that (i know bit too much drama)

Blument
04-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Ghost_Squad1991:
its very stupid to use such a solution on pirates. when a legitimate gamer has this game but doesn't have any sort of connection to the internet and thus can not play is... is... no words can describe that (i know bit too much drama)

And when the solution is not a solution because it doesn't work and pirates can play without an internet connection http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Vampire28
04-18-2010, 02:45 PM
This DRM is not a problem. Not for me anyway, and I live in a tiny village, with old phone lines. The max connection that my area can get is 512kbs, and on that even it's fine. I've had a couple of disconections on AC2 but it soon re-conected again, and I've completed it twice.

Fair enough AC2 is purely single player and it doesn't need to be online for any of it except the DRM, but from everything I've heard, the meat of this game is in the co-op so You'll need to be online anyway. And as it matters in this game I hope my connection is going to be good enough. Probs not. Speaking of which, why no LAN? Thats a bigger problem for me. LAN is king. I have 2 gaming PCs and I get a mate over for drinking and gaming so no LAN sucks in any game. Random off topic rant/speach over.

soron
04-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Vampire28:
This DRM is not a problem. Not for me anyway, and I live in a tiny village, with old phone lines. The max connection that my area can get is 512kbs, and on that even it's fine. I've had a couple of disconections on AC2 but it soon re-conected again, and I've completed it twice.

Well that's you. I know when I have been deployed to South America the Internet connection there was unreliable at best; some times out for days. I used to buy a bunch of single player games before I was deployed because I knew I would not be able to count on the internet connection there.

This new type of DRM has to be stopped before it kills PC gaming; its only a mater of time before some one get the idea they can start charging you to access the DRM servers.

Originally posted by Vampire28:
Fair enough AC2 is purely single player and it doesn't need to be online for any of it except the DRM, but from everything I've heard, the meat of this game is in the co-op so You'll need to be online anyway. And as it matters in this game I hope my connection is going to be good enough. Probs not. Speaking of which, why no LAN? Thats a bigger problem for me. LAN is king. I have 2 gaming PCs and I get a mate over for drinking and gaming so no LAN sucks in any game. Random off topic rant/speach over.
Yeah LAN is the only way to muli P. Too many uber no life kids online these days.

GiriGiri.Ninja
04-19-2010, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Blument:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ghost_Squad1991:

And when the solution is not a solution because it doesn't work and pirates can play without an internet connection http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so your saying its already been cracked?

soron
04-19-2010, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Ghost_Squad1991:
so your saying its already been cracked?
According to the article Sypron linked; AC (same online DRM) was cracked after 1 month. It will prob be a lot easier now to crack Conviction now that it has been done before.

Blument
04-19-2010, 04:02 AM
Well, not cracked, emulated, but yeah, pirates can complete AC2 100% and Settlers 7 (no 100% yet)

Pirates are going to be always pirates, doesn't matter if you make this kind of horrible DRM. And a lot of legit customers are not going to buy 6 months old games or crappy ports with this kind of DRM nor support developers who doesn't care about PC gamers.

jlaheye
04-20-2010, 05:30 AM
one off my main concerns with this drm is the question of 'will i be able to (re-)play SCC 1,2,...5 years down the road?'

if Ubisoft can not garantee a lifetime support for their servers and games with this drm, then you're effectivly not buying, but renting the game.

Eonomega
04-20-2010, 06:29 AM
They have said that they will release a patch at that point.

Dutch_JaFO
04-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Sure a patch to 'fix' a problem that should not exist.
Given that EA and Microsoft have taken servers off-line for games they no longer considered to be 'profitable' (including Halo 2 ffs and a few games that weren't even one year old) tells me that we can't depend on companies keeping such things on-line.

And as anyone who has ever seen a company go broke will tell you ... when that stuff happens there will not be any resources to create a patch (been there, done that , got the t-shirt).

The worst part of this DRM-feature is the fact that it makes it impossible to play this game on a laptop or in any location that does not have any internet.

btw : if a 56k connection is supposed to be enough ... then why do the boxes mention 'permanent internet connection' (which never was equal to 56k-modem connections or anything wireless) ?

Then again ... why worry about not being able to play due to DRM, when they only sell half the game ?

Sure ... the internet/forums has a tendency to highlight the problems. However I've also noticed that a lot of pc-users will simply download a cracked version instead of trying to install the game they've bought.

We've become so used to having to use no-cd cracks to fix issues due to DRM that many don't even bother to look for answers/solutions on official forums.

If you want people to buy your game ... maybe you ought to create one that is worth buying.
It really is that simple.

The 5-10 hour size I've heard mention for Conviction would have put this game in a 'wait for bargain bin'-sales list.

Too bad the DRM is what it is so I refuse to play, recommend or buy any of their games until this is resolved.

kashifme21
04-20-2010, 12:56 PM
I dont get it Xbox 360 has piracy too. In fact the game is on torrents far before the PC version.

So why arent they applying a DRM on the Xbox version?

bubbaganoosh
04-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Just buy it from Steam. You get the extras and you are online with Steam anyways.

DenLui
04-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Dutch_JaFO:
Sure a patch to 'fix' a problem that should not exist.
Given that EA and Microsoft have taken servers off-line for games they no longer considered to be 'profitable' (including Halo 2 ffs and a few games that weren't even one year old) tells me that we can't depend on companies keeping such things on-line.

And as anyone who has ever seen a company go broke will tell you ... when that stuff happens there will not be any resources to create a patch (been there, done that , got the t-shirt).

The worst part of this DRM-feature is the fact that it makes it impossible to play this game on a laptop or in any location that does not have any internet.

btw : if a 56k connection is supposed to be enough ... then why do the boxes mention 'permanent internet connection' (which never was equal to 56k-modem connections or anything wireless) ?

Then again ... why worry about not being able to play due to DRM, when they only sell half the game ?

Sure ... the internet/forums has a tendency to highlight the problems. However I've also noticed that a lot of pc-users will simply download a cracked version instead of trying to install the game they've bought.

We've become so used to having to use no-cd cracks to fix issues due to DRM that many don't even bother to look for answers/solutions on official forums.

If you want people to buy your game ... maybe you ought to create one that is worth buying.
It really is that simple.

The 5-10 hour size I've heard mention for Conviction would have put this game in a 'wait for bargain bin'-sales list.

Too bad the DRM is what it is so I refuse to play, recommend or buy any of their games until this is resolved.

I agree. If the company goes down, most probably it will use its last remaining resources on a last ditch effort to get sales up rather than create a patch for a game that will no longer generate any profit.

Stating that this DRM is vital part in your profits isn't really viable. There are plenty of game developers out there who still make tones of profit without using DRMs. I don't wanna name companies cause this is a UBI forum.

I didn't get AC2 cause of this DRM.
I'm still 50/50 on Conviction cause I gotta give credit Ubisoft for innovation for changing the pace on the Splinter Cell series.

Quality is the key. AC2 and Conviction should have been good enough that gamers would just buy it instead of pirating it. Some would still pirate it but they not really interested in buying in the first place.

I would have bought AC2 and Conviction in a heartbeat if it didn't have this DRM.

Blument
04-21-2010, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by bubbaganoosh:
Just buy it from Steam. You get the extras and you are online with Steam anyways.

You can play Steam games offline, but you can't with this new DRM.
Even if your connection is not stable or something happen with Steam servers (like maintenance or whatever), Steam switchs to 'offline mode' automatically and you can keep playing.

So, no, it's not the same.

Eonomega
04-21-2010, 08:07 AM
And to add to his point, there's the 3rd party DRm on the steam version as well.

funkmunky80
04-30-2010, 05:41 PM
HAHAHAaaaa...

Well my point has been proved... Yet another Ubishaft title I won't be wasting my money. DRM punishing the people who've paid for the game, while the parasites/pirates get to play it for free without problems...

Well done Ubi, well <span class="ev_code_RED">*EDIT*</span> done http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Morons...

<span class="ev_code_RED">*Don't bypass the word filter.*</span>

YurikArkady
04-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Dutch_JaFO:

The game doesn't magically stop working after 5-10 hours, I've got 18 hours clocked into it and am starting a second playthrough of the singleplayer now.

Haven't had ANY issues with DRM yet, just have some problems with how slow the matchmaking is for multiplayer.

hockeydude1986
04-30-2010, 07:48 PM
I gotta say I'm very disappointed in this DRM system. Ever since I bought SH5, I realized I made a big mistake because of this "permanent internet connection" requirement. The fact of the matter is for various reasons, the internet will not ALWAYS be available, even if just rarely. I understand Ubisoft trying to fight against piracy, but punishing those that want to buy the game legitimately by requiring internet for an offline game is too much of a hindrance. Ubisoft really needs to find an alternative to fighting piracy. I was really interested in buying this game, considering I really liked all the previous ones, but having this DRM is enough that I'm just not interested. This is also the reason I didn't purchase AC2, and I was really excited to try it since I enjoyed the first one. Like others have mentioned, Steam is a great way to get games and DRM system used on there is pretty useful. Even if you lose internet, Steam switches to offline mode so you can still play. I get most of my games on Steam if available. But sorry Ubisoft, for as long as you implement the DRM currently used, I will no longer be purchasing anymore of your games.

nenesio
04-30-2010, 10:29 PM
the DRM is UNCRAKED!!! ***Irony MODE : ON***

talking about something interesting, someone does not believe that this game should add a multiplayer chat?

DRM = EPIC FAIL!!!

YurikArkady
04-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by nenesio:
the DRM is UNCRAKED!!! ***Irony MODE : ON***

talking about something interesting, someone does not believe that this game should add a multiplayer chat?

DRM = EPIC FAIL!!!

Well, I guess Ubisoft will need to make an even harsher DRM next time. Good job.

funkmunky80
05-01-2010, 03:59 AM
I know how I can play this game now, and Ubi won't get a penny...

It's already turning up in second hand bins in some game stores... I'll grab a second hand copy, apply the skidrow fix; and all is good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

YurikArkady
05-01-2010, 04:14 AM
I know how I can play this game now, and Ubi won't get a penny...

It's already turning up in second hand bins in some game stores... I'll grab a second hand copy, apply the skidrow fix; and all is good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But you still can't play multiplayer, so you might as well just torrent the whole thing.

Ashrien
05-01-2010, 06:10 AM
So.. You popped in here just to ask opinions on your own immovable stance?

Seems a bit asinine, but sure, some people get their rocks off 'jogging' too.

Simple fact of the matter is that in principle the DRM is a bad thing, but in reality, it's fantastically better than some of the alternatives.
Anyone remember that big Sony $#!7 with rootkits a few years ago? I don't think anyone 'likes' SecuRom either, it's just easier to crack so the free-loaders get a crack at it sooner.

Anyway, ramble over. My point was that the internet is now an exceptionally common, household thing, more-so than a land-line phone anymore. So expecting people to have a broadband connection really isn't that much of a thing. Who here's running a Dual-Core 2.8ghz, with an 8800GT or better, and NOT always online, seriously.

Maybe it's because I'm a software engineer myself, but as the coders adage goes;
"There are none as ungrateful as those who get something for nothing."

Cough up the $60 if you wanna play. If you don't want to play, then don't buy the game and GTFO the game's forums.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif Trolls.

funkmunky80
05-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
And please stop reporting posts, due to them not agreeing that the DRM is faulty or evil..

I've only been reporting spam posts, usually the ones that morons have been posting of a picture of "troll spray"?

Originally posted by Klaz0:
But you still can't play multiplayer, so you might as well just torrent the whole thing.

Actually, the pirates are having a much easier time than most of the legitimate owners of the game...

GuZZ33
05-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Actually, the pirates are having a much easier time than most of the legitimate owners of the game.
Freeloaders often do have a much easier time, but one day it all might just bite right back at them when they least expect something bad to happen and their ship sinks.

funkmunky80
05-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah, but that's their problem isn't it? :P