PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 2 DLC coming in Jan & Feb...Major Issue

headshots420
01-04-2010, 12:54 AM
So I don't know if this has been posted and to be quite honest I don't care, so long as someone from UbirippinusoffSoft reads this.

So i get half way through assassins creed 2 only to find that the game seems to not be able to count properly because it went from memory sequence 11 to sequence 14..Thinking I may have missed something and that surely I would eventually unlock those two memory sequencies, I continued to play only to reach the ending credits...

So I start searching the interenet and come to find out Ubi decided that instead of pushing the game back a little longer and delivering a complete and finished product to it's loyal consumers (and new players of the AC IP) that it would simply "cut" or remove 2 long unfinished sequences from the game. Thinking they could just skip from memory 11 - 14 thinking everyone that bought the game did not know how to count...Or simply wouldn't catch on.

Im here to say shame on you Ubi I always held you guys to higher standards especially after I first got my hands on splinter cell. Ever since then though it seems that was your peak.. I won't even get into the fact that you completely ruined an amazing multiplayer experience with the splinter cell franchise and that mess you called double agent. Back to the subject.(sorry for that S.C rant)

How is something that was clearly supposed to be part of the game I purchased being sold for yet more money as DLC? If this was the case why wasn't AC 2 only 39.99 or 49.99, while i'm aware of certain holiday sales offering the game for around that price the fact is it launched at 59.99

Now before people start jumping on me about how not everything makes it into a game...I KNOW.. and let me make clear...If developers had to leave out co-op mode to ship the game ...fine...if they had to cut some multiplayer options...understandable I would still buy those as DLC... But when you cut a middle section of a game i bought out thats like me paying to go see a new movie that came out..and the movie theater stopping the film half way through...skipping 20 minutes of the movie and then finishing it...only to tell me if you want to know what lead up to that awesome ending...you have to pay an extra $10 to see what we cut out. It is complete BS and someone needs to call you out on it..so i guess that someone is me...thats my rant hate it or love it...Whatever

P.S im sure there are many typos and things like that..but it's 3am so if you are going to respond and make comments about grammar and spelling save it for someone that cares.

Captain Tomatoz
01-04-2010, 02:21 AM
personally i thought that there was enough in the game anyway. The to missing memory sequences didnt hinder the story at all. I still understood everything. Also if they pushed the release date back then people would have complained that ubi lied.

Also each DLC is 1GB and cost very little http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

You cant please them all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

caswallawn_2k7
01-04-2010, 02:27 AM
Also each DLC is over 1GB and cost very little
fixed.

also leaving something that the game doesn't really need isn't really a problem, as paying buttons for the 2 blocks that don't really matter later instead of waiting till February for the entire game is a much better option.

OzDavis
01-04-2010, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by headshots420:
But when you cut a middle section of a game i bought out thats like me paying to go see a new movie that came out... ...skipping 20 minutes of the movie and then finishing it... Actually that kind of thing has been known to happen in movies that are cut for time.
Then they bring out a "director's cut", "extended edition" or something similar later.
Films like Aliens, Bladerunner and Terminator 2 spring to mind, off the top of my head.

caswallawn_2k7
01-04-2010, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by OzDavis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by headshots420:
But when you cut a middle section of a game i bought out thats like me paying to go see a new movie that came out... ...skipping 20 minutes of the movie and then finishing it... Actually that kind of thing has been known to happen in movies that are cut for time.
Then they bring out a "director's cut", "extended edition" or something similar later.
Films like Aliens, Bladerunner and Terminator 2 spring to mind, off the top of my head. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
just to add to that all 3 lord of the rings films came out on DVD in an extended version adding about an hour to each of them compared to the cinema showing and standard DVD versions.

movies really was a bad example, more so if you are American as quite a few films are re-cut so they can be released in America compared to other parts of the world.

kingbren08
01-04-2010, 03:54 AM
im pretty sure that the dlc's are 2 each which is the same as a dynamic theme. also the game is around 20 hours long so you cant complain about it being too short so stop insulting ubisoft about completely unreasonable stuff

Fenro
01-04-2010, 05:21 AM
it took me around 41 Hours to complete evertyhing in this game feathers, treasures, storyline etc..

i dont feel like i was cheated out of content.

im just glad i have a new reason to take the game out from my shelf :P just chill out

the amolang
01-04-2010, 07:08 AM
hmmm... I doubt "UbirippinusoffSoft" will be able to read this. but I bet that Ubisoft has (they are such better developers than those other guys). http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Foppezao
01-04-2010, 07:30 AM
Why do people think these sequences where cut off and will be later added? Maybe they made the DLC after the vanilla, the story is the dna sequences where corrupt, also the reason why you cant acces the codex room before you got all pages..And 1GB for a DLC for only 3 or 4 euro's is bizarre http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif i would have thought it will be 10 euro's...

caswallawn_2k7
01-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by foppezao:
Why do people think these sequences where cut off and will be later added? Maybe they made the DLC after the vanilla, the story is the dna sequences where corrupt, also the reason why you cant acces the codex room before you got all pages..And 1GB for a DLC for only 3 or 4 euro's is bizarre http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif i would have thought it will be 10 euro's...
in a interview with a member of Ubi on the DLC's they said they were cut as they would never make the time constraint and wouldn't be missed. also they confirmed the 2 DLC's fill the 2 empty memories, they also said mission replay was originally intended but couldn't be done in the time they had.

so these 2 DLC's are most likely the 2 blocks that were cut, it's just taken this extra few months to finish them, also leaving open the possibility they could also add the main mission replay functionality with them.

Foppezao
01-04-2010, 07:51 AM
fair enough, thats more then reasonable given the fact they wanted to put it on the market just before christmas..

the amolang
01-04-2010, 08:31 AM
and also, its not like AC2 is a short game, in fact it a freakin big game considering other titles in the same genre. Plus, I believe the devs said themselves that these two sequences weren't very important story wise anyways. They go off in a different direction and didn't fit as well in the overall story.

OzDavis
01-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
just to add to that all 3 lord of the rings films came out on DVD in an extended version adding about an hour to each of them compared to the cinema showing and standard DVD versions. D'oh! How could I forget L.O.T.R.? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

agentofwraith
01-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Actually, these are important times in history that span about 17-18 years. You will be surprised to know how old Ezio is in the final sequences.

OzDavis
01-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by agentofwraith:
You will be surprised to know how old Ezio is in the final sequences. Anybody that actually gives any attention to the dates that are plastered on the screen at the beginning of each sequence won't be surprised at all! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

agentofwraith
01-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Touche'. But it might be a surprise to know of how many people are just playing through the game and how many people are actually soaking it in.

TreFacTor
01-04-2010, 01:09 PM
It is my opinion that DLC should (and always should be) Extra content, not parts of the game that were ripped out. This in my opinion is the EASY way to offer the fans some thing in the form of DLC, that was missing from last years game (no DLC at all). They could easily have pushed the date of release back just as they did on Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon and many of their other titles and then made actual DLC in the form of extra modes, maps (not printable feather locations), simply put they cut out a part o the game to pacify us and that is wrong.

No we don't have to buy the content, but most of us have to wait at least 3 months after finishing the game to see the missing elements and that is unfair. BAD form UBI!

Seanlao
01-05-2010, 06:26 AM
Hey Do you guys know how can you re-play Previous missions of the actual story of the game. Since I can't do it, I m afraid I won't be able to play the DLCs since they happened before sequence 14. Please help me

icrash
01-05-2010, 07:26 AM
A delay would mean not having the game out for sale @ Christmas. They have already lost the Christmas sales of the pc version of the game. Why lose the console sales too? I mean really, UBI is a business and the dollar (or euro) drives their decisions. The devs cut out what they had to (not finished or completely tested) in order to meet the out for Christmas deadline set by UBI. Unfortunately, the replay main missions thing and a couple of apparently not important sequences got the ax. The missing sequences obviously didn't have much impact on being able to finish the game. The devs could have simply renumbered the sequences & everybody would have found out later that the sequences had been removed completely.

assassinfab
01-05-2010, 09:12 AM
over 2GB for just 5 euros is kinda cheap.

Also these dlc didn't mess up the story and are just a sort of bonus missions(flyng machine again). If you have call of duty world at war and you play online it is really annoying that you have to pay to play certain maps.

TreFacTor
01-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Seanlao:
Hey Do you guys know how can you re-play Previous missions of the actual story of the game. Since I can't do it, I m afraid I won't be able to play the DLCs since they happened before sequence 14. Please help me you can only replay missions by replaying the game in it's entirety. Anything you missed on the first go round you have to get on the second, third.

antz_goose
01-21-2010, 09:09 PM
bro WHEN is the dlc coming out? they say january and its nearly the end of january now! And yeap got all 50 acheivements for ac2 and didnt feel cheated at all in fact was a vast improvement on ac1 but I mean it had to be, good job ubisoft now just waiting for this dlc you keep promising!

TheDromader
01-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by TreFacTor:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Seanlao:
Hey Do you guys know how can you re-play Previous missions of the actual story of the game. Since I can't do it, I m afraid I won't be able to play the DLCs since they happened before sequence 14. Please help me you can only replay missions by replaying the game in it's entirety. Anything you missed on the first go round you have to get on the second, third. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ACTUALLY, from what I have read in the interviews, the DLC will allow you to replay all story missions via DNA option (or so I heard)(and give you new abbility: spring jump, whatever the heck it might be)

awol08
01-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by antz_goose:
bro WHEN is the dlc coming out? they say january and its nearly the end of january now! And yeap got all 50 acheivements for ac2 and didnt feel cheated at all in fact was a vast improvement on ac1 but I mean it had to be, good job ubisoft now just waiting for this dlc you keep promising!

next Thursday, January 28, for a meager sum of 320 / $3.99

Geinref
01-22-2010, 12:25 PM
I think thats a good price for the DLC, can't wait to kick some ace in Forli!