PDA

View Full Version : being new to this my egnorance level is way to high.

jnjhayes
10-05-2005, 08:19 PM
I was looking for something I can sink my teeth into so I went out and bought an alien computer with lots of teeth . Because I like airflight sims . Trust me when I say I have learened a lot about computers sence then! I know that the more you use things The faster you learn but I have been trying for 3months to play on line and havent to those of you that play reg, HELP ME PLEASE [WITH SUGER ON TOP] jnjhayes@sbcglobal.net I have an alien /xp pro I"ts not new but it has teeth and I do want to join thank Jeffrey.

VW-IceFire
10-05-2005, 08:34 PM
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking... But if you want to play online, the place to do it is HyperLobby.

http://hyperfighter.sk/

The vast majority of the community plays the merged Forgotten Battles + Ace Expansion Pack + Pacific Fighters installation. But you can find some playing PF standalone sometimes.

major_setback
10-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Try the 'Multiplayer Introduction Thread For New Players' on the first page of this forum (at the top, marked with a red exclamation mark<span class="ev_code_RED">!</span>). http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Bearcat99
10-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Hit the Sturmovik Essentials link in my sig for more info.

Kuna15
10-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by jnjhayes:
I was looking for something I can sink my teeth into so I went out and bought an alien computer with lots of teeth . Because I like airflight sims . Trust me when I say I have learened a lot about computers sence then! I know that the more you use things The faster you learn but I have been trying for 3months to play on line and havent to those of you that play reg, HELP ME PLEASE [WITH SUGER ON TOP] jnjhayes@sbcglobal.net I have an alien /xp pro I"ts not new but it has teeth and I do want to join thank Jeffrey.

Guys have already told you what you essentially must do.
I will just add:
-fly one plane-learn faster (or one series like LaGG-3S4/S29/S35/S66, or P-47D-10/D-22/D-27 etc.). Many reasons for this, you will get used to specific gunnery and specific handling in flight so once you went online for some 'real' fight you'll know exactly what you can or can not do in your plane of choice (favourite).
-practice in Quick Mission Builder a lot. Practice gunnery most of your time, if you can shoot down you AI opponents, believe me once when you get in score opportunity online you wont miss. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif If you fly HMG equipped plane (heavy machine guns) like P-51, set your convergence around 150-350m (as you like). That works better than 500m convergence (default). Try to shoot (open fire) from your gun convergence range for best results - almost all bullets will hit specific point on enemy target thus destroying/damaging it heavily in shortest period of time.
-do not use 100% fuel when there is chance to meet enemy fighters, if you are lower on fuel, performance of your plane will be better, but also watch you flght range.