PDA

View Full Version : about joysticks & throttles... again!

mistral_73
01-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Hi all,

I play PF with an old Saitek Cyborg 3D joystick, and enjoy it quite well. But I tried a FFB joystick to a friend and want now the same at home! The "trouble" is : I don't want a plastical F16 "look like" stick like the usuals X45 or X52, I (and also my girlfriend) hate this kind of sticks. I'm looking at the Evo Force, but I need more buttons. A throttle should be a good complement to the Evo Force. But which one ?
1)Buy an Evo Force completed with a CH Pro throttle?
2)Buy an Evo Force completed with a X45 throttle (why not? if it's possible)
3)Something else?

If you have any suggestions, they are welcome!

FoolTrottel
01-12-2005, 01:56 PM
You would like this one, lot's of buttons and looks nice:
http://www.megatrade.ru/Layout/Pictures/Guillemot_Force_Feedback_Joystick.gif

Unfortunately it's a bit old and hard to find!!
(Guillemot FFB Joystick)

Okay, I'm not helping here, I'm just very proud of the joystick I got me! ;-)

BSS_Vidar
01-12-2005, 02:47 PM
If you're thinking about CH, then go all out. CH has the best product out there IMHO. There website is divided up in two sections because they not only make flight controllers for PC gamers, but for certified flight simulators and actual aircraft.

The software "CH Control Manager" is adaptible to any flight sim program. You can make a MAP that combines all controllers into one controller in Windows, or you can make a MAP that allows you to run each controller as a separate device.

I went through the cheap plastic Suncom F-15 look-a-like that snapped buttons off, the X-36/45 rudder on the throttle bit... Nothing is as reliable as the CH Products line.

I have the USB Fighterstick, Pro Throttles, and Pro Pedals with Track IR3 Pro. As a real Comercial pilot and retired Naval Aviator, They are the best thing since sliced bread. Now, having the fundage to buy them might be a major issue for a lot of "Monitor Jockeys".

horseback
01-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Unfortunately, CH has not offered a FFB stick for some time. Vidar is right about the quality and value, though.

Many who have been able to find the M$FFB2 have sung its praises, and there are still some of those to be found...

cheers

horseback

Texas LongHorn
01-12-2005, 05:15 PM
mistral, if your dead set on FFB, you may well want to go with the USB EVO Force and the USB X-45 throttle. The price is sure right. I like CH gear but the ergonomics just aren't that good for me anyway. I love the adjustable angle of the head and moveable palm rest on the EVO line. Throw in a USB X-45 throttle and you should be good to go for a pretty reasonable price. All the best, LongHorn

StudUK
01-13-2005, 01:57 AM
What about the FF version of your Stick

Saitek Cyborg 3D (Rumble Force). IMO a great stick expecially me being left handed as well