PDA

View Full Version : rendering controls unuseable?

Willi_Wombatt
05-06-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm confused. If you are shooting at another pilot on-line and get a "pilot 1 has rendered pilot 2's controls unusable" message, what does that mean? UI thought it meant that the guy was toast and the only way for him to go was down. Last week, I saw pilot 2 continue on in a dogfight, maneuver in seemingly all directions, separate and land at his base in good form. What's going on here?

Thanks,

Willi

SaQSoN
05-06-2007, 11:15 PM
That means, that one of the 3 control lines (elevator, ailerons or rudder) was destroyed and respective control surface become inoperable.
In your case it was, probably, the rudder controls, which means the guy still could control his airplane with elevator and ailerons.

FluffyDucks2
05-07-2007, 04:15 AM
It means he was in a Spit...and you didn't hit the hyperdrive anti-grav controller... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Willi_Wombatt
05-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the responses. I should have realized that it could have been the rudder only, but I didn't recall ever receiving that particular message.

WW

SaQSoN
05-07-2007, 12:26 PM
The game would never tell you, which controls exactly have been disabled in other player's aircraft.

Only in regard to your own plane you can recieve a detailed message, like "rudder control cable damaged", or "elevator control cable damaged", etc. At the same time other players on-line will recieve message like "Willi_Wombatt's controls disabled", no matter, which exactly controls you have lost.

EiZ0N
05-10-2007, 12:26 PM
These days, I almost prefer to lose my ailerons over my rudder. I hate landing without a rudder.

Losing elevators usually results in a horrible end, although I have managed to land with just my rudder, by using a combination of throttle and flaps to get the thing down. It wasn't a pretty landing though.

Rattler68
05-10-2007, 01:14 PM
AFAIK, the damage model sometimes partially damages control lines as well, leaving you with minimal control...

Philipscdrw
05-11-2007, 08:12 AM
While we're on the subject, it would be reallly good if these 'Pilot1 disables Pilot2's controls' messages could be disabled by the server. They're not so realistic!

Giantiguana20
05-11-2007, 03:53 PM
The only situations where I have partially lost controls is when the control surface was actually blown off or when my pilot was injured.

VW-IceFire
05-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Willi_Wombatt:
Thanks for the responses. I should have realized that it could have been the rudder only, but I didn't recall ever receiving that particular message.

WW
Or it could have been his ailerons...but you can still control the planes using a combination of elevator, engine torque, and rudder. I'd say keep shooting unless it looks like he's going down...even then...some pilots make this a pretty good show and then escape.

TX-EcoDragon
05-13-2007, 05:23 PM
I believe the proper term in the sim is "unsuable"

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif