PDA

View Full Version : Annoying feature that needs to be removed!

crash3
09-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Did anyone notice in the gamescom demo that Gabe played through that when he ambushed the two surviving guards from the trip bomb he set up, he took the first guard by surprise as he jumped out of the haystack which is fair enough but then even after being detected by the last guard, Gabe was still able to Low Profile assassinate him.

I hope you understood what I meant, it's a feature I've noticed since AC2 where even after being detected you can still carry out low profile hidden blade assassinations on guards. Whereas in AC1 as soon as you where detected, if you tried to attack a guard with your hidden blade they would immediately push you away which is how it should be.

I know it's only a small thing, but it's yet another feature that makes the games way too easy and I really hope that the developers spot this and fix it what do you think?

Altair661
09-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Realistically, do you think every guard that spots Ezio for less than a second is going to be able to 1)Defect/Reject he attack & 2) React fast enough to even do that?

I guess they could fix that on some of the guards, but I find it better that you can still do it. In real life it you go up to a guy and he notices you for 2 seconds, most of the time he wont have the reaction time to stop you or grab your arm, therefor there is no need to leap ontop of him and stab him in the neck. Instead, silently yet quickliy strike him right in the gut/chest before he can utter his words of distress and kill him.

Understand my point? They don't just call them Assassin's cause it sounds cool.

LightRey
09-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Shouldn't this be in the feedback thread?

rileypoole1234
09-09-2011, 04:33 PM
I sort of think the same thing. It doesn't really bother me but it's seems as though they've started to make the game have "training wheels". But they're still very fun to play, and the story is amazing, so that's all that matters.

EnglishPhoenix
09-11-2011, 12:31 AM
Eh. I kind of like that. Especially in my play through recently of ACII. I took so much advantage of that because I get really impatient with the slow combat system. It helped me take out the guards much faster that way.

ChaosxNetwork
09-11-2011, 07:04 AM
This has been in the games since Assassin's Creed 1. It has been explain in he first reply why this is good and should remain.

Colossus_1191
09-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Altair661:
Realistically, do you think every guard that spots Ezio for less than a second is going to be able to 1)Defect/Reject he attack & 2) React fast enough to even do that?

I guess they could fix that on some of the guards, but I find it better that you can still do it. In real life it you go up to a guy and he notices you for 2 seconds, most of the time he wont have the reaction time to stop you or grab your arm, therefor there is no need to leap ontop of him and stab him in the neck. Instead, silently yet quickliy strike him right in the gut/chest before he can utter his words of distress and kill him.

Understand my point? They don't just call them Assassin's cause it sounds cool.

These are trained guards though. You would think they have a better reaction time than your average guy you go up to. Think about modern day cops. If you go up to one with a knife in your hand, they have their gun pointed at your head in a second.

Altair661
09-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Colossus_1191:
These are trained guards though. You would think they have a better reaction time than your average guy you go up to. Think about modern day cops. If you go up to one with a knife in your hand, they have their gun pointed at your head in a second.

1. Do you honeslty think ALL of the guards are highly trained to do that? I could see it not working on certain types of guards, ones that are trained more, but on the main generic guard, they'll either be too surprised(you dont have guys coming up to you with a hidden blade too much) or not have enough reaction time to do anything. If were talking about up close, the guard may have 1-2 seconds to try something before Ezio jabs him.

2. Cops these days are better trained, they also have better equipment(like modern guns) and have a 500 year difference between what were talking about. I don't really see how you can make a comparison bewteen the two...

Besides, did you ever think about how trained and skilled Ezio is? Im sure he's dealt with this situation plenty of times.

DavisP92
09-11-2011, 10:35 AM
this happens to a lot of ppl, i remember playing AC2 and ACB and even with guards knowing i'm an assassin i low profile double assassinate 4 guards. that should not be possible

Altair661
09-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
this happens to a lot of ppl, i remember playing AC2 and ACB and even with guards knowing i'm an assassin i low profile double assassinate 4 guards. that should not be possible

I think alot of it varies. Depending on the distance, number of enemies, and how long you've been noticed. If it's up close with one guard, surely Ezio can take care of him. 2, Im pretty sure he could do. But a whole group of 4 gaurds... I'm pretty sure it may be a glitch, but the system in AC is not the best in the world either. However I could see him doing the first two, then very very quickly taking out the next two... not that impossible for him I think.

Sushiglutton
09-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Totally agree with Altair661 on this one. It's cooler, more realistic and plays better the way they have implemented it in AC2 and Brotherhood.