PDA

View Full Version : Il-2 Korea War

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 10:47 AM
Hello again,
Interesting Idea, make pach or seaqal of Il-2 about Korean war, most of aircrafts are allready done (P-47,51, Yak-1,3,9) With new MiG-15 And F-80,84,86, also interesting would be Yak-23 and Il-28 and Il-10!.

Regards, Aleksandar Kis

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 10:47 AM
Hello again,
Interesting Idea, make pach or seaqal of Il-2 about Korean war, most of aircrafts are allready done (P-47,51, Yak-1,3,9) With new MiG-15 And F-80,84,86, also interesting would be Yak-23 and Il-28 and Il-10!.

Regards, Aleksandar Kis

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 11:43 AM
Hmmm, in that case we would need also new maps and new campaigns. It's a bigger work than you think.
I think that a Westen Front Add-On would be much more interesting and best suited for Forgotten Battles (at least will remain always on WWII theme).

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 11:51 AM
true.

but other war sceneries would be interesting too.

i prefer=-Africa WWII >Germany(Jg27..),Italy,GB,USA

-Romania WWII US attack on oilfields near ploesti

kama1

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 01:40 PM
Western front would be interesting, but there were no IL-2s at first place. Game is named IL-2. But anyway it would be nice add-on. But, what you say also on Balkans? 1940-41 campains in Italo-Greece War, and Yugoslav April War, contra Partisan operations in Yugoslavia and Greece and, Paratrooper assault on Creete, Bambing Ploesti oilfields is interesting idea, thanks, And 1944 Yugoslav AF (Partisans) got their Yaks 1,3,9s and Il-2s?

Regards, Kis Aleksandar.
P.S. Balkans and Mediteran campain could be in one add one (Maps for Balkans, North Africa and Italy)

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 07:35 AM
I sincerly with Oleg would do the Korean war someday. It is sad that the Korean war was far more influential and the first real flex of NATO powers in joint operations.

There is a reason it is known as "The Forgotten War"
Because it layed between WW2 on a already war weary people and before the "sexy" police action (War) in Vietnam that spawned the hippies and peace activists.

Noone has done an impressive Korean war era RTS ground warfare game or a Korean era FPS.

Its like BF1942 going on to make BF Vietman... What battlefield? Except for a few NVR offenses it was all minor skirmishes in the jungle and Vietcong taking potshots at US troops with RPGs on Highway 1.

http://www.redspar.com/redrogue/CraggerUbisig.jpg

About after 30 minutes I puked all over my airplane. I said to myself "Man, you made a big mistake." -Charles 'Chuck' Yeager, regards his first flight

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 08:10 AM
Yes well the Quality of the product really does have everybody wanting a War some where, other than where it is currently staged , chuckle.

Who knows mayby one Day Oleg and team will eventualy cover all the theatres of WW II and Korea.
Only time will tell.

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 12:22 PM
I don't think FB-engine is suitable for western front action.. as the high altitude model in FB is somewhat poor.. the engine would need some serious tweaking.. and we have enough western front action.. Let's keep it as Forgotten Battles.. Mediterranean battles sounds perfect for me 8)

<center>http://koti.mbnet.fi/vipez/shots/Vipez2.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 07:12 PM
id love a korea expansion, or maybe the next sim from oleg, a great tiem for air combat, u got nice jets but no easy fire n forget missiles, u still have to dogfight

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 10:04 PM
I don't believe the P-47 ever participated in the Korean conflict.