PDA

View Full Version : Taking Off from Carriers in Multiplayer Dogfight?

Deuxbieres
01-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Hi all

Just a quickie.. I see there is alot of discussion on here about taking off from carriers and I think I'm right in saying that in single player missions the carrier is usually moving.

However, in the multiplayer dogfight missions, the 'home bases' are stationary carriers.. is it still possible to take off from these?

Cheers,

-: Deux :-

Deuxbieres
01-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Hi all

Just a quickie.. I see there is alot of discussion on here about taking off from carriers and I think I'm right in saying that in single player missions the carrier is usually moving.

However, in the multiplayer dogfight missions, the 'home bases' are stationary carriers.. is it still possible to take off from these?

Cheers,

-: Deux :-

Maple_Tiger
01-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Yes. Howoever, Taking off with 50% fuel is pushing it for the Corsair. The F6F can take off with 50% fuel though. Don't even think about taking any bombs. lol

papaboon
01-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Absolutely correct! 50% fuel is just about the max, no load outs at all.

Well I take that back, I have taken off with rockets before but maneuvered my plane to the very edge of the sten to get as much lenght of the flight deck as I could, but still it was a little hairy when I dragged my tail wheel in the water on take off! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif