PDA

View Full Version : plane keep banking, a noob problem

Chug2204
08-25-2006, 03:32 PM
I know that some of these planes are supposeed to gently bank without any control input, but how to you stop it, ive tried the aileron trim button, but it doesnt seem to do anything (the elevator trim button works fine), is there a solution or am i just a newb who needs to get used to it?

Therion_Prime
08-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Most allied planes have rudder trim. Use this.
Most german planes are pre-trimmed for horizonral flight at a certain speed and have no rudder or airlorn trim.

carguy_
08-25-2006, 04:18 PM
First off make sure your plane has aileron trim.

I`m having the same problem.While flying the IAR the plane at first banks violently to one side.I then trim it so it`s stable but few banks in different directions the plane banks in the opposite direction,by coincidince,that to which I trimmed the ailerons.
I retrim and the same goes on.

It was my joystick.Every time I reboot my stick goes out of centering and I need to recalibrate.Once I do that everything is ok.After trimming ailerons the plane almost doesn`t want to bank itself.

Always check your stick for calibration.It really makes a difference.Can give you extra angle while your enemy will stall.

ytareh
08-26-2006, 08:33 AM
Carguy.Trim is more complicated than you think.Basically it needs to be changed for different speeds(and altitudes?).Try it!A plane that is flying straight and level at 280kmh if put into a dive at 500kmh will try and 'nose up'

ytareh
08-26-2006, 08:37 AM
A method I use for trimming at least initially in a quick mission is to do my set number of 'taps' on the trim keys and then press the X8 speed button ( ] key twice).This accentuates any necessary trim corrections.After that another tap or two and its perfect.
Im sure this noobery horrifys some of the more serious sim guys!

ytareh
08-26-2006, 08:44 AM
Of course dont try and actually set trim(just monitor it) in X8-thats a sure fire trip earthward!

Jaws2002
08-26-2006, 11:10 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gifYou don't get 8X in online game.