PDA

View Full Version : Play WITHOUT the HUD????

reaktor
12-03-2007, 03:59 PM
this makes the game much more immersive and enjoyable imo.. otherwise all your essentially doing is going from A-B without any involvement..

With no hud, you actually have to learn the streets, use eagle vision, and investigate on your own, with no 'helping hand'.. you will get a lot more out of the game..

cooldude6681
12-03-2007, 04:10 PM
It's interesting how, after turning off the HUD, you suddenly notice all the little visual and audio cues Ubisoft implemented into this game. So awesome.

Zain0
12-03-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm replaying the game without the hud, to be honest it is MUCH more better, without the hud gone, you use eagle vision a lot more, its way more fun, and when you play with the hud off you start to realize how much room on the screen it was taking, i tried turning it on again cause i forgot how it looked like and hated it xD

dirtybird21
12-03-2007, 04:24 PM
I turned the HUD off as soon as i beat the game and i love it. So much better... My friend came into my house while i was playing it and thought it was a movie for like 10 seconds lol.

DeAdLy2323
12-03-2007, 05:15 PM
on my first play through i used the HUD until i got the tackle move, then turned it all off except for the GPS, now i don't use the GPS at all, except on the informer missions. (on my second play through if you couldn't tell)

K_Falcon
12-03-2007, 05:18 PM
I dont have the game yet but can you take a pic of with the HUD and without please if you guys that have dont mind.

NECESARY_EVIL
12-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by reaktor:
this makes the game much more immersive and enjoyable imo.. otherwise all your essentially doing is going from A-B without any involvement..

With no hud, you actually have to learn the streets, use eagle vision, and investigate on your own, with no 'helping hand'.. you will get a lot more out of the game..

Tried, Failed, Cried...

avsrule247
12-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Falcon, just watch the videos on assassinscreed.com/help for HUD displays, and watch the videos on IGN.com for none HUD displays.

K_Falcon
12-03-2007, 05:26 PM
ALright thanks

FrozenFire550
12-03-2007, 07:00 PM
I stopped playing with the HUD about halfway through, and now I can't stand to use it.

Much better without it.

smoeky
12-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by FrozenFire550:
I stopped playing with the HUD about halfway through, and now I can't stand to use it.

Much better without it.

QFT i love it, much better game without the HUD

wish it had been off by default after it shows you the controls

Sentite
12-03-2007, 09:11 PM
I Agree.

I finished the game and started playing without the HUD and I'm shocked thats very playable. I would love to see AC2 be HUD-less cause it just sucks into the game that much more.

membernametaken
12-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Sounds like a plan... I played the first few missions with the HUD when I rented it so, when I buy it, i'll play through the rest of it without the HUD. Just from what you guys are saying; it seems like the game would be a lot more enjoyable.

My question to you, though: Do you still hit pause to look at the map and see where things are?

FrozenFire550
12-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by membernametaken:
Sounds like a plan... I played the first few missions with the HUD when I rented it so, when I buy it, i'll play through the rest of it without the HUD. Just from what you guys are saying; it seems like the game would be a lot more enjoyable.

My question to you, though: Do you still hit pause to look at the map and see where things are?
Ocassionally i'll hit select, glance at the map, and run in the general direction of the thing i'm looking for :]

stix489
12-03-2007, 11:05 PM
I thought about playing it without the HUD...but wouldn't be too hard/near impossible without that handy medieval GPS?

smoeky
12-03-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by stix489:
I thought about playing it without the HUD...but wouldn't be too hard/near impossible without that handy medieval GPS?

nah it wont get too hard, you always have the map on back/select

like frozenfire said, take a glance and head in the general direction. if you know what youre looking for, you wont need a precise location after the glance

stix489
12-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Yeah I guess so...I guess the easiest thing to find...is that load mouthed informer in Damascus...GOD...he doesn't stop till you put a blade in his gut!

ACfanboy12
12-03-2007, 11:54 PM
I started playing with out the HUD as soon as I got the game.

I always wanted to know if there would be such a feature... YAY !!

Kimoze
12-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by NECESARY_EVIL:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by reaktor:

Tried, Failed, Cried... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif that was funny

reaktor
12-04-2007, 03:38 AM
I should be more specific, i play without ANY of the HUD on, but i was reffering to the GPS in the topic..