PDA

View Full Version : ASSASSIN'S CREED MOVIE!!!

Windshard
07-13-2011, 05:34 PM
So i have come to the conclusion that they need to make movies for games such as Assassin's Creed and Halo. They are such Great games yet people complain on how they can't be done due to characters like Master Chief being a faceless character and hiring a decent actor to fulfill the roles. Okay, i agree but if you can make bad Trailers for the games to be advertised and memorize the fans... than why can you not just make one huge trailer and call it a movie. It's called CGI, they made Final Fantasy Advent Children all CGI so why can't they make Assassin's Creed or Halo into a bad movie.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

CRUDFACE
07-14-2011, 06:28 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif IDk man, I don't think I'd want to see either one. Assassin's creed is cool as a game and all, but they'll have to change allot to make it into a movie. Problems become more apparent when stretched out. Like for one, they did try to make a halo movie, but it was starting to costs so much. and I always thought Halo had a pretty standard plot. aliens hate us for no reason, for some reason we win despite the fact that it's like what...1..2...like five different species trying to kill us.

And for AC series, it's going to be to close to Prince of Persia and they f-ed the prince's origin story in that film.

But problems are:

-plot has to be cut in order to fit in a movie's time frame
-change the scenery as...in brotherhood, we had a huge castle that showed where we lived. And AC2 where we had an entire town showing where we lived...where Ezio wonders how they found him so fast *facepalm*
-they can't have combat like Ac and have to make him more blend in more. Because everyone will notice the guy in all white robes, a cape and a belt that has a gigantic jeweled A on it. In lineage he spun around when he slashed waaaay to much
-Parkour would be scaled down because it looks repetitive in movies and the actor wouldn't be jumping around as much

I can't think of many right now, but I can't stop seeing the Ac series movie form playing out a bit like the newer batman movies.

LightRey
07-14-2011, 06:46 AM
I don't really see the point. The games are a good medium. I don't see what making a movie about it would add. furthermore, if they make a movie they always change the storyline, because they don't want to show the exact same story, which would just ruin it for most fans I think (I for example hated the fact that the werewolf in the third Harry Potter movie looked like some sort of mutated furry man with claws and fangs, while it's explicitly stated in the book that there are only 3 slight differences between a normal wolf and a werewolf). Film directors and scriptwriters seem to have a tendency to throw the concept of consistency out of the window.
I'd be fine with movies about separate stories from the AC or Halo universe though.

sfin1994
07-14-2011, 07:11 AM
I dont want to see a AC movie. When it comes to making a show/game/book a movie, directors have a habit of destroying childhood memories. Remember Dragon ball Z? Then they decided to make a movie were Goku was played with a super emo fail personality and all it took to take down the BIG BAD Piccolo was a Kamahamahaaaaaa-fail edited blast. Prince of Persia was 'ok', but AC is a whole different story, im not sure it could be pulled off.

LightRey
07-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by sfin1994:
I dont want to see a AC movie. When it comes to making a show/game/book a movie, directors have a habit of destroying childhood memories. Remember Dragon ball Z? Then they decided to make a movie were Goku was played with a super emo fail personality and all it took to take down the BIG BAD Piccolo was a Kamahamahaaaaaa-fail edited blast. Prince of Persia was 'ok', but AC is a whole different story, im not sure it could be pulled off.
All I want to add to that is this:
The Last Airbender
*shivers*

CRUDFACE
07-15-2011, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfin1994:
The Last Airbender
*shivers* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't they put the earthbenders in like stone cages? And the firebenders needed pre-made fire to bend?

LightRey
07-15-2011, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfin1994:
The Last Airbender

Didn't they put the earthbenders in like stone cages? And the firebenders needed pre-made fire to bend? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yep, they also managed to make Appa unappealing and nobody even remembers seeing momo in the film (he was in one scene apparently).

sfin1994
07-15-2011, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
The Last Airbender

Didn't they put the earthbenders in like stone cages? And the firebenders needed pre-made fire to bend? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yep, they also managed to make Appa unappealing and nobody even remembers seeing momo in the film (he was in one scene apparently). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yer, and if they get the same director not only will the acting suck, but we will probley only see the assassin once :P

SlimeDynamiteD
07-15-2011, 05:14 AM
What is this? Like the 783rd thread about an Assassin's Creed Movie? :P

Black_Widow9
07-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
What is this? Like the 783rd thread about an Assassin's Creed Movie? :P

More like 784. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Please use the Find button to search for previously created Topics.
Thanks

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>