PDA

View Full Version : GREEN

CHDT
10-01-2004, 11:46 AM
It's probably too late.

But I see in PF the same green for the fields like for the three past years in IL-2, FB and AEP either in Ukrain, near Moskau, in Normandy and now in the Pacific.

A little annoying to say the least, the feeling of flying on the same small piece of land for the three past years.

Wouldn't it be possible to get so some more variations of green for the fields?

P.S. I made a similar remark about Jet THunder Malvinas fields being too green and Dante changed the color of the grass....in 10 minutes!

CHDT
10-01-2004, 11:46 AM
It's probably too late.

But I see in PF the same green for the fields like for the three past years in IL-2, FB and AEP either in Ukrain, near Moskau, in Normandy and now in the Pacific.

A little annoying to say the least, the feeling of flying on the same small piece of land for the three past years.

Wouldn't it be possible to get so some more variations of green for the fields?

P.S. I made a similar remark about Jet THunder Malvinas fields being too green and Dante changed the color of the grass....in 10 minutes!

goshikisen
10-01-2004, 12:19 PM
I noticed that as well in the recent "Admiral Hunt" video on the France Simulation site. Guadalcanal looks like Russia in that video. Is there a way to make the landscape look slightly more tropical?

ITA-Joker-
10-01-2004, 01:07 PM
You are right CHDT, right now PF landscapes looks like any other landscape in FB AEP... and I think that it deserves better and textures and more variations....

Here's Guadalcanal form the france-simulation.com preview... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
http://www.france-simulation.com/fichiers/il2/imgpreview/guadal2.jpg
I know, its a work in progress and PF will be out in a few weeks, but is it too late to make the sceneries look more like jungle?

Cmte. Carvalho
10-01-2004, 04:55 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I hope they can make better textures at least in one future patch, because right now looks like too late once the game will be released at about final October...

VW-IceFire
10-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that the new maps look great and have their own unique style. It looks distinctly jungle like and pacific terrain there.

There are new textures present and definately things look a little different. As much diversity there is in the world...things do pretty much look the same overall.

LEXX_Luthor
10-01-2004, 05:50 PM
Pink Elephant. FB mass greenery textures are the most realistic open ground of any flight sim yet, and very high fps, at least for me (ATI 9200). Looks like open Florida country, both from the times I flew small plane and climbed radio towers (lol when flying I Panick when I see tower but later on tower I Panic when I see low flying plane).

Those "foto realistic" terrain not only look Fake, but are butt ugly. WretchFest Maximus.

I especially love the little cow paths. FB also looks like Mississippi from the air.

I hope the Devs don't change a thing unless they think of something themselves instead of copying ugly Fake terrain from other flight sims--kinda like they fell for FP using pond water reflection grafix engine for ocean ships. Not the best independent thinking there, but the know nothing gaming review rags must be satisfied before Christmas.