PDA

View Full Version : F4F Dive speed fixed (and a Betty bug to)

Mr_Nakajima
01-23-2005, 06:25 AM
Not announced in the readme file for v3.04m, but the Maximum dive speed of the F4F has been adjusted to 500 mph IAS. The A6M2 falls apart over 400 mph IAS, so diving to escape in the Wildcat is once more an option.

I'm intending to do some proper on-line tests with RocketDog later today, but so far it looks good.

And a minor, un-announced fix for the G4M1 as well - previously in Full Mission Builder, if you set up a formation of G4Ms the second flight would fly so close to the first that its lead aircraft would often run in to the starboard aircraft of the lead flight. They now seem to fly a proper distance apart.

Mr_Nakajima
01-23-2005, 06:25 AM
Not announced in the readme file for v3.04m, but the Maximum dive speed of the F4F has been adjusted to 500 mph IAS. The A6M2 falls apart over 400 mph IAS, so diving to escape in the Wildcat is once more an option.

I'm intending to do some proper on-line tests with RocketDog later today, but so far it looks good.

And a minor, un-announced fix for the G4M1 as well - previously in Full Mission Builder, if you set up a formation of G4Ms the second flight would fly so close to the first that its lead aircraft would often run in to the starboard aircraft of the lead flight. They now seem to fly a proper distance apart.

TAGERT.
01-23-2005, 09:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_Nakajima:

And a minor, un-announced fix for the G4M1 as well - previously in Full Mission Builder, if you set up a formation of G4Ms the second flight would fly so close to the first that its lead aircraft would often run in to the starboard aircraft of the lead flight. They now seem to fly a proper distance apart. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If you save the Trackfiles I could plot your results. If you decided to do so, please keep the test short and one per track file. If working with a friend, ensure you both recored track files. Dont worry too much about starting the recordings at the same time, I can do that in post processing.

Something I would like to see is if the roll rate of the zero has been adj.. It should have a very slow roll rate relitive to the F4F at higher speeds. A neat test would be a F4F following a ZERO at a given alt and speed and then do a singal 360 roll. Do this 3 times a 3 diff speeds, 150, 250, 350.

PS you might have to PM me if I dont respond.. hard to find some of these threads they scroll by so fast

Mr_Nakajima
01-23-2005, 11:35 AM
Hi Tagert,

We didn't take any tracks as we were doing the comparison just for our own interest.

We set up one aircraft 100m behind the other at 5,000m and then dived them, the tail-end plane following the lead. As this would mean that the front plane was already in its dive when the other started to follow we did the test first with the A6M2-21 in the lead, then the F4F-4. The Wildcat slowly but surely pulled away from the zero when it was in front, when it was behind it was in danger of running into the zero.

So not a scientific test, but one I am quite happy shows that dive acceleration does differ slightly by aircraft.

Didn't think to test the roll rate specifically, but I'll be flying with RocketDog later in the week so we will try roll rates and let you know.

Blackdog5555
01-23-2005, 11:55 AM
I agree that it has been somewhat fixed. the No-redline F4F does is pretty much on the money. and it Show Oleg and gang are working on the problem of dive accelleration. Because this game unfortunately gives everyone "power boost" on aileron and elevator control, You find, therefore, the A6m2-5a still has unrealistic flight charcteristics at high speed. I was able to easily roll and pull out of a 450mph dive in a A6M5. Not that big a deal. I like to fly the Zero sometimes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif But for a purist....