PDA

View Full Version : HOLLYWOOD DD SENSORS RANDOMISER

Gouldjg
04-25-2006, 08:23 AM
Hi folks

Further added to the chaos file collection is this DD sensor scrambler. Imagine it as a million DD mods into one. No more predictable DD capabilities as you are now in the shoes of someone whom only has a idea of what a DD is capable of.

http://hollywoodchaos.blogspot.com/2006/04/chaos-dd-beta-v100.html

A special thanks to Georg Unterberg for inputting some data to allow this beta to get up quicker.
I have done the DD section separate from the damage incase people had already started to work on their damage tweaks and did not want to paste over it. This will all get simpler as time goes by.

Please note that this is just a beta and It would be great if players can use timetravelers mini tweaker and look at the changes after each game. This will help fine tune things should they be too distorted or unrealistic.

Guys I do not want to go into realism and game play debates because I sit on the fence neither do I want to start mass discussions about DD ai etc (let SH4 dev team do what there paid to do).

If folks want to try new settings and values, the template is there and I as I am sure others are always interested in peoples work when they have put more thought into it than me (that is not hard to do ).

I just do not have the time to do research and resort to working on hunches as always. Each major mod and player can fine-tune this to suit their style of play and that of their mod users. I can tell you this much though, I played with it last night and had a ball . I will change the template should any major things need to be tweaked so give it a little field test first. This cannot be a scietific beta as the varibles are too big but that is what I wanted. A game that never ceases to make me think. In play testing I have found that I need a much more patient style of gameplay and that I can get boitten if my make assumptions on what the DD limts are. No longer can I just zip in from the side and kill. I am finding that I am best plotting the intercept point and lying in wait. When DD gets a lock, you can listen and get a feel for him. This allows escape route timing. Sometimes you can escape quicker and sometimes not.

What it does not do

1. It does not make the DD suddenly grow brains and play chess with you whilst pinning you underwater for 11 hours .

2. It does not stick to absolute historical values as it has to provide for the span of the game until we can do a random file for each year which is currently being planned by Jscones.

3. It does not solve each individual playing preference and style as it is random, but it is a template that can be tweaked, improved and shared by each.

What it does do

DD's will never have the same settings twice (ok there is a chance in a billion ). Sometimes they are weaker and sometimes they are stronger at detecting you. You just will not know until you need to escape.

Should reduce players ability to charge sideways into a convoy at flank speeds without being detected. The hydrophones are random but more powerfull. There will be a need for careful speed selection and silent running. In some cases you will have to set speed to 2 knots manually.

Hemisents thermal layers is included in the template which again add to the immersion.

I strongly reccomending people play with the threat indicator off after they have had the initial look.

Last point. I made changes to my sim.cfg and should you wish to replicate my settings are below.

[Hydrophone]
Detection time=1 ;[s]
Sensitivity=0.03 ;(0..1)
Height factor=0 ;[m]
Waves factor=0.5 ;[>=0]
Speed factor=15 ;[kt]
Noise factor=1.0 ;[>=0]

[Sonar]
Detection time=5 ;[s] 20 default
Sensitivity=0.03 ;(0..1)
Waves factor=0.5 ;[>=0]
Speed factor=20 ;[kt]
Enemy surface factor=0 ;[m2]
Lose time=30 ;[s]

Now I did this in SH3 directory and Sh3commander backup. I strongly recommend that only people whom have no super careers in progress and experience of file changing do this beta.

Please ask if you do not follow.

Enjoy

Hmm what can I do next??????? or yeah bloody get some studying done.

Gouldjg
04-25-2006, 08:23 AM
Hi folks

Further added to the chaos file collection is this DD sensor scrambler. Imagine it as a million DD mods into one. No more predictable DD capabilities as you are now in the shoes of someone whom only has a idea of what a DD is capable of.

http://hollywoodchaos.blogspot.com/2006/04/chaos-dd-beta-v100.html

A special thanks to Georg Unterberg for inputting some data to allow this beta to get up quicker.
I have done the DD section separate from the damage incase people had already started to work on their damage tweaks and did not want to paste over it. This will all get simpler as time goes by.

Please note that this is just a beta and It would be great if players can use timetravelers mini tweaker and look at the changes after each game. This will help fine tune things should they be too distorted or unrealistic.

Guys I do not want to go into realism and game play debates because I sit on the fence neither do I want to start mass discussions about DD ai etc (let SH4 dev team do what there paid to do).

If folks want to try new settings and values, the template is there and I as I am sure others are always interested in peoples work when they have put more thought into it than me (that is not hard to do ).

I just do not have the time to do research and resort to working on hunches as always. Each major mod and player can fine-tune this to suit their style of play and that of their mod users. I can tell you this much though, I played with it last night and had a ball . I will change the template should any major things need to be tweaked so give it a little field test first. This cannot be a scietific beta as the varibles are too big but that is what I wanted. A game that never ceases to make me think. In play testing I have found that I need a much more patient style of gameplay and that I can get boitten if my make assumptions on what the DD limts are. No longer can I just zip in from the side and kill. I am finding that I am best plotting the intercept point and lying in wait. When DD gets a lock, you can listen and get a feel for him. This allows escape route timing. Sometimes you can escape quicker and sometimes not.

What it does not do

1. It does not make the DD suddenly grow brains and play chess with you whilst pinning you underwater for 11 hours .

2. It does not stick to absolute historical values as it has to provide for the span of the game until we can do a random file for each year which is currently being planned by Jscones.

3. It does not solve each individual playing preference and style as it is random, but it is a template that can be tweaked, improved and shared by each.

What it does do

DD's will never have the same settings twice (ok there is a chance in a billion ). Sometimes they are weaker and sometimes they are stronger at detecting you. You just will not know until you need to escape.

Should reduce players ability to charge sideways into a convoy at flank speeds without being detected. The hydrophones are random but more powerfull. There will be a need for careful speed selection and silent running. In some cases you will have to set speed to 2 knots manually.

Hemisents thermal layers is included in the template which again add to the immersion.

I strongly reccomending people play with the threat indicator off after they have had the initial look.

Last point. I made changes to my sim.cfg and should you wish to replicate my settings are below.

[Hydrophone]
Detection time=1 ;[s]
Sensitivity=0.03 ;(0..1)
Height factor=0 ;[m]
Waves factor=0.5 ;[>=0]
Speed factor=15 ;[kt]
Noise factor=1.0 ;[>=0]

[Sonar]
Detection time=5 ;[s] 20 default
Sensitivity=0.03 ;(0..1)
Waves factor=0.5 ;[>=0]
Speed factor=20 ;[kt]
Enemy surface factor=0 ;[m2]
Lose time=30 ;[s]

Now I did this in SH3 directory and Sh3commander backup. I strongly recommend that only people whom have no super careers in progress and experience of file changing do this beta.

Please ask if you do not follow.

Enjoy

Hmm what can I do next??????? or yeah bloody get some studying done.