PDA

View Full Version : Lucy [SPOILERS]

m.elsheikh
04-28-2011, 01:32 PM
lucy is stabbed but some people say she is alive.

xsatanicjokerx
04-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Spoiler much. gees

Ass4ssin8me
04-28-2011, 02:41 PM
She was stabbed??!!?? DUDE!!! I havn't finished the game yet! Aw, thanks fot ruining it.....
Cough Spoiler tag Cough

bitebug2003
04-28-2011, 04:50 PM
This thread definitely needs a spoiler tag, but to do it the first post has to be edited which will result in the poll being reset.

You'll have to vote again.

TKDK4-ACB
04-29-2011, 02:09 AM
I think that she may not be.
Similarly to AC 1 when the grandmaster stabs Altair, Desmond was holding the apple, which make illusions and other weird and creepy things happen.

Notice how the goddess kept talking about Lucy being a distraction? With her out of the way Desmond would be able to unite the rest of the assassins and finish off abstergo.

This is all just based off my own ideas, but I think the templars(abstergo) are going to come in and steal the apple, desmond trains and unites the assassins, finds out lucy isn't dead and they have a massive fight and win the war.

evil9494
08-24-2011, 07:12 PM
I think Lucy is not dead, because this was not real. Desmond was in the animus when he entered the vault founded the apple and killed Lucy. The people that speek on the credits said: "Put him BACK in the machine...But the ANIMUS DID THIS TO HIM". The problem is i the ANIMUS, how can the animus be the problem if Desmond wasn't using it.He has gone into shock when HE WAS INSIDE the ANIMUS. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SixKeys
08-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by evil9494:
I think Lucy is not dead, because this was not real. Desmond was in the animus when he entered the vault founded the apple and killed Lucy. The people that speek on the credits said: "Put him BACK in the machine...But the ANIMUS DID THIS TO HIM". The problem is i the ANIMUS, how can the animus be the problem if Desmond wasn't using it.He has gone into shock when HE WAS INSIDE the ANIMUS. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Desmond was not in the Animus when this happened. What they mean with "the Animus did this to him" is the Bleeding Effect. The reason Desmond fell into a coma is because the Animus has messed with his brain so much that it just couldn't handle any more stress.

Assassin_M
08-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by evil9494:

Desmond was not in the Animus when this happened. What they mean with "the Animus did this to him" is the Bleeding Effect. The reason Desmond fell into a coma is because the Animus has messed with his brain so much that it just couldn't handle any more stress. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
His theory seems plausible..

Poodle_of_Doom
08-24-2011, 08:20 PM

Wow... I love this... this is a very good point in my mind. So this thread doesn't get hijacked, perhaps you could start another thread on this so people could discuss it?

twenty_glyphs
08-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
Desmond was not in the Animus when this happened. What they mean with "the Animus did this to him" is the Bleeding Effect. The reason Desmond fell into a coma is because the Animus has messed with his brain so much that it just couldn't handle any more stress.

This. If Desmond had been in the Animus when the ending of Brotherhood happened, then why did they need to put him back in it? How would he have been knocked out of it? I think it's safe to at least say that whoever found him assumed he was in a bad shape and that he had done what he did because of the Bleeding Effect. No one else heard or saw Juno, and for some reason Desmond didn't even bother to mention that he was hearing and seeing a "goddess" like Minerva who they all saw through Ezio's memory in the previous game. It would be natural for them to assume he had finally gone crazy from using the Animus too much, and perhaps he has. I think it's interesting that last week the writer for Revelations clarified that the reason they've put Desmond into the Animus is to keep him focused on Ezio's memories and to prevent other ancestors' memories from overtaking his mind. Now, I certainly believe that what we saw Desmond do could have been an illusion caused by the Apple.

Calvarok
08-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

This. If Desmond had been in the Animus when the ending of Brotherhood happened, then why did they need to put him back in it? How would he have been knocked out of it? I think it's safe to at least say that whoever found him assumed he was in a bad shape and that he had done what he did because of the Bleeding Effect. No one else heard or saw Juno, and for some reason Desmond didn't even bother to mention that he was hearing and seeing a "goddess" like Minerva who they all saw through Ezio's memory in the previous game. It would be natural for them to assume he had finally gone crazy from using the Animus too much, and perhaps he has. I think it's interesting that last week the writer for Revelations clarified that the reason they've put Desmond into the Animus is to keep him focused on Ezio's memories and to prevent other ancestors' memories from overtaking his mind. Now, I certainly believe that what we saw Desmond do could have been an illusion caused by the Apple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think so. After the apple stopped working and Desmond went unconscious, Lucy was still lying there with blood pooling on the floor. If it was an illusion, Lucy would have been fine when the Apple stopped working and we weren't seeing through the eyes of its victim.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

This. If Desmond had been in the Animus when the ending of Brotherhood happened, then why did they need to put him back in it? How would he have been knocked out of it? I think it's safe to at least say that whoever found him assumed he was in a bad shape and that he had done what he did because of the Bleeding Effect. No one else heard or saw Juno, and for some reason Desmond didn't even bother to mention that he was hearing and seeing a "goddess" like Minerva who they all saw through Ezio's memory in the previous game. It would be natural for them to assume he had finally gone crazy from using the Animus too much, and perhaps he has. I think it's interesting that last week the writer for Revelations clarified that the reason they've put Desmond into the Animus is to keep him focused on Ezio's memories and to prevent other ancestors' memories from overtaking his mind. Now, I certainly believe that what we saw Desmond do could have been an illusion caused by the Apple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think so. After the apple stopped working and Desmond went unconscious, Lucy was still lying there with blood pooling on the floor. If it was an illusion, Lucy would have been fine when the Apple stopped working and we weren't seeing through the eyes of its victim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not necessarily. It depends on the Point of View of the "victim", in this case, Desmond. The first thing I thought of reading this was a near death experience. You know how sometimes people see themselves, like they were floating above themselves somehow. What if this were part of the inflicted illusion? Wouldn't this effect still be part of Desmonds perspective? You know what you're viewing, not how you're viewing it.

LightRey
08-25-2011, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:

I don't think so. After the apple stopped working and Desmond went unconscious, Lucy was still lying there with blood pooling on the floor. If it was an illusion, Lucy would have been fine when the Apple stopped working and we weren't seeing through the eyes of its victim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not necessarily. It depends on the Point of View of the "victim", in this case, Desmond. The first thing I thought of reading this was a near death experience. You know how sometimes people see themselves, like they were floating above themselves somehow. What if this were part of the inflicted illusion? Wouldn't this effect still be part of Desmonds perspective? You know what you're viewing, not how you're viewing it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Very true. The thing with illusions is that you really can't be sure if you're in one and when exactly it's over.

I think that the Lucy-being-stabbed-is-an-illusion theory is a viable one. I would still say it's more likely that it wasn't an illusion though.

evil9494
08-25-2011, 04:35 AM
Now I see another thing, may be he didn't needed to be in the animus. That was in HIS OWN MIND, like in AC2 where he visited Altair.

LightRey
08-25-2011, 05:28 AM
Now I see another thing, may be he didn't needed to be in the animus. That was in HIS OWN MIND, like in AC2 where he visited Altair.
The thing is, there's no good reason to assume this.

Rakudaton
08-25-2011, 07:01 AM
I think that finding the "Nexus" in Ezio's and Altair's memories (and his own) will help Desmond unlock the sixth sense. This is why Juno made him stab Lucy -- so he would go into shock and be put back into the animus, because remember than otherwise he would have had no reason to go back in there. Therefore I don't think Lucy is dead, because Juno didn't specifically seek her death -- she just wanted to send Desmond into shock by making him think he'd killed her.

GallopRider
08-25-2011, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
I think that finding the "Nexus" in Ezio's and Altair's memories (and his own) will help Desmond unlock the sixth sense. This is why Juno made him stab Lucy -- so he would go into shock and be put back into the animus, because remember than otherwise he would have had no reason to go back in there. Therefore I don't think Lucy is dead, because Juno didn't specifically seek her death -- she just wanted to send Desmond into shock by making him think he'd killed her.

That's as good a theory as any. In fact, that's probably the best one I've heard in a while. It makes a lot of sense.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by evil9494:
The thing is, there's no good reason to assume this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, evil, I've seen you do it twice now, and I can't take it anymore... Maybe is one word, not two.

That said, LightRey, I actually think that a hugely basic level, this is the Illusion theory. A very primitive version of it.

LightRey
08-25-2011, 10:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Well, evil, I've seen you do it twice now, and I can't take it anymore... Maybe is one word, not two.

That said, LightRey, I actually think that a hugely basic level, this is the Illusion theory. A very primitive version of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True, but the illusion theory has evidence backing it up that this theory doesn't.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-25-2011, 11:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

That said, LightRey, I actually think that a hugely basic level, this is the Illusion theory. A very primitive version of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True, but the illusion theory has evidence backing it up that this theory doesn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely....

Ioder
08-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
This is the theory I've been waiting to see, makes perfect sense to me.

LieutenantJojo
08-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
She was stabbed??!!?? DUDE!!! I havn't finished the game yet! Aw, thanks fot ruining it.....
Cough Spoiler tag Cough

You should be ashamed!

And yes, I think Lucy is alive. She has to be! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

lukaszep
08-26-2011, 02:51 AM
I think it was an illusion, cause you can see no blood and Lucy holding the apple at the end of the credits...

LightRey
08-26-2011, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by lukaszep:
I think it was an illusion, cause you can see no blood and Lucy holding the apple at the end of the credits...
You're right, but I wouldn't exactly call that strong evidence.

rednas3636
08-26-2011, 05:12 AM
rule 1: bad guys die instantly
rule 2: good guys dont
It's the law, obey it.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-26-2011, 12:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:
You're right, but I wouldn't exactly call that strong evidence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at the end of my credits? What the hell?

Calvarok
08-26-2011, 01:13 PM
Well isn't it Desmond, Altair, and Ezio's resistance to PoEs that allows them to see when it's being used to force their body to do things? Even if we're still in Desmond's perpective, his resistance should SHOW him that the Apple has stopped doing anything.

And anyways, the writers KNOW how much backlash they'd get for making it appear as if the apple stopped working or saying that things that Desomnd was actually aware of being forced to do didn't happen. I just don't see why they'd show them both lying there without the apple creating any illusions or golden light unless they were trying to ward off the illusion theory.

Not to mention it's a predicable theory, and AC has been anything but predictable.

crash3
08-26-2011, 01:51 PM
I voted Alive but if she is dead, i hope ACR gives a solid reason for her death

LightRey
08-27-2011, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Well isn't it Desmond, Altair, and Ezio's resistance to PoEs that allows them to see when it's being used to force their body to do things? Even if we're still in Desmond's perpective, his resistance should SHOW him that the Apple has stopped doing anything.

And anyways, the writers KNOW how much backlash they'd get for making it appear as if the apple stopped working or saying that things that Desomnd was actually aware of being forced to do didn't happen. I just don't see why they'd show them both lying there without the apple creating any illusions or golden light unless they were trying to ward off the illusion theory.

Not to mention it's a predicable theory, and AC has been anything but predictable.
We don't know if Desmond has that resistance (yet). You're right, it's somewhat predictable, which is one of the reasons I'm not believing it, but it could still be possible.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-27-2011, 08:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

We don't know if Desmond has that resistance (yet). You're right, it's somewhat predictable, which is one of the reasons I'm not believing it, but it could still be possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could be that people don't have a resistance unless they have a fully functional version of the sixth sense. Being that Juno was trying to awaken it in Desmond, this could explain why he was still affected by it.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Just revisiting some old posts, and thought that I would point out the fact that 33% of those of you who voted, and at the time I am writing this post, thought that Lucy would still be alive in Revelations....

S-EVANS
12-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Interviews with development team of assassins creed wont actually state anything in the interviews with regards to lucys state...

so therefore her state is unknown, but i guess that if they wont disclose any information, counteracts what we have seen, therefore i do think shes alive and wouldnt be surprised if she was the one who went into the gate with desmond.

watch this (timeframe 0:09) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUBDbE0-IVU)

now theres two explanations there and what im about to say is pure guesswork but theres either someone in the front of that van (driversseat) or its a shadow, but another thing to note and i understand the van is not moving at that point is that everyone in the game is present in the back but lucy

as i say that last bit all guessing, but i honestly think shes alive, even altair gets stabbed in the original and suppose to die by al-mualim.. then hes told something about being reborn blah blah

Poodle_of_Doom
12-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Well... I've acutally suggested something similar, and you've given video evidence to what I've suggested. The fact of the matter is that Will, Rebbecca, and Shawn were all in back with Desmond. We see that only after we see the van driving down an old country road. And we only know that the van is stopped after Will opens the door... between seeing the van driving and their conversation, there was nothing, suggesting there was no lapse in time.

S-EVANS
12-05-2011, 04:44 PM

Wow... I love this... this is a very good point in my mind. So this thread doesn't get hijacked, perhaps you could start another thread on this so people could discuss it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i like this thoery too its (been mentioned) that the apple [timeframe 1:34] can create illusions of different people...

view video... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcz948AQJiw)

then watch @ 4:39

SolidSage
12-05-2011, 04:55 PM
I hope she is dead. I'm so bored of every fricking thing having to have a ******ed twist these days.
Can we get back to good straight forward story telling, where we can believe what we are shown, instead of being almost certain that there's going to be a work around.
Lucy's death has way more impact than her 'not really dieing death'. I've seen it too often for it to be good any more.

Keep her dead, it's not about her anyway, its about KILLING shiz. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

UrDeviant1
12-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Well... I've acutally suggested something similar, and you've given video evidence to what I've suggested. The fact of the matter is that Will, Rebbecca, and Shawn were all in back with Desmond. We see that only after we see the van driving down an old country road. And we only know that the van is stopped after Will opens the door... between seeing the van driving and their conversation, there was nothing, suggesting there was no lapse in time.

I remember being In the animus island at some point in revelations and hearing a voice i did not recognize. He was talking to Will about some new identity papers he had and Shaun also spoke with this man, complaining about what occupation was on the new ID. I'm just thinking the man I did not recognize was the man In the driving seat.

Also when In the animus island at some point, you can hear Shaun and Rebecca talking about the funeral and how Rebecca was flying out to go there I think. Something along those lines. It could be yet another "illusion" but i hope it's not.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-05-2011, 05:22 PM
I guess you never really know...

YuurHeen
12-06-2011, 12:39 AM
SHE DIED OK! get over it. they added a lot of conversation into rev just to make this point clear and you guys stil not believe it?

Assassin_M
12-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by YuurHeen:
SHE DIED OK! get over it. they added a lot of conversation into rev just to make this point clear and you guys stil not believe it?
Talk about desperation... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

iNvid22
12-06-2011, 03:14 AM
shaun says they buried her this morning in revelations, its pretty clear she is dead.

just dont get why people cant accept the truth

BU BUT NOTHING IS TRUE

shut up

jmk1999
12-06-2011, 03:25 AM
let's try not to be rude. everyone's entitled to their opinion and no one has to right to tell others to "shut up" ok? thank you.

anyway, the fact of the matter is, yes, they mentioned she was buried and all... but given how AC games play out, there is still suspicion as to WHY she was killed, as well as whether or not she truly is dead. AC likes to foreshadow and create plot twists, so really, anything's possible at this point given that she was so abruptly killed with little to no explanation provided yet. i'm going to expect an interesting plot twist might occur come AC3. i won't say she's alive... but i won't say she's dead yet either. we'll see. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
12-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by dom1999:
let's try not to be rude. everyone's entitled to their opinion and no one has to right to tell others to "shut up" ok? thank you.

anyway, the fact of the matter is, yes, they mentioned she was buried and all... but given how AC games play out, there is still suspicion as to WHY she was killed, as well as whether or not she truly is dead. AC likes to foreshadow and create plot twists, so really, anything's possible at this point given that she was so abruptly killed with little to no explanation provided yet. i'm going to expect an interesting plot twist might occur come AC3. i won't say she's alive... but i won't say she's dead yet either. we'll see. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Tada!?

SolidSage
12-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Well, if she's not dead, she's got one heck of a stomach ache!

LightRey
12-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Well if she isn't dead that brings up the questions of what/why/how/if they buried her.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Well, I'm beginning to wonder if this isn't all some sort of an illusion. Let's remember, there looks to be someone still driving the van (6:53, watch in the drivers seat, as you look over Williams shoulder) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt8WAiaie_8), and the apple (which we know can create illusions) was back there as well. All I'm saying is that if the mere act of stabbing Lucy sent Desmond into a coma, what about the residual effects? Like, knowing she's in pain, could die at any moment, possibly trapt by templars, or one of a million other things? Point being, perhaps it was better that Desmond was given some closure? At least then, he can deal with it, move forward, and repair his conciousness. It's one less thing he'd have to deal with.

jmk1999
12-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
Well, if she's not dead, she's got one heck of a stomach ache!
quite possibly. yes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

anyway, i hope they bring some sorta closure to to this since they spent 3 games building up the desmond and lucy relationship only to bring it crashing down in seconds with no real explanation. the only logical reason was what 16 said about her not being "eve"... yet we got no follow up to this "eve" in ACR. that's why i'm thinking AC3 will give more info on that. ACR was just a "we're stuck. we need to fix some stuff in the animus" game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

freddie_1897
12-06-2011, 02:31 PM
I think most people have Mis-interpreted the question as
"do you WANT Lucy to still be alive?" rather than
"do you THINK Lucy is still alive?"

YuurHeen
12-06-2011, 04:06 PM
either she was just not mend to be the one for desmond or she was a sleeper/mole that needed to die which helped desmond to get into coma.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Like Dom said,... it was simply to much hype for what little there was...

Sick_one12
12-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Well,if Lucy really is dead and gone for sure...
why on earth did ubi spend 3 games to slowly build up a bond and even some kind of relationship between Desmond and Lucy?Was it really just meant to be a slap to the face for us and some kind of shocker by killing a character who was important to Desmond/Us?

personally, i think and hope lucy is still alive or gets revived with the shroud(even though thats a little bit over the top but still possible and some kind of believable in the AC universe)because i think/hope ubi just doesnt kill of such an elementary character to AC but moreover i want an happy ending for the series http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BTW the shroud thing isnt such an hot topic anymore,is it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

S-EVANS
12-07-2011, 03:05 PM
i dont believe shes dead, but lets assume she is. everyone has a purpose she served many roles in the game as a link in the original and a distraction for the storylines. its not like she lived for nothing either she saved desmond http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
12-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Yeah... but it still seems like such a waste.

S-EVANS
12-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Dear me poodle of doom, life is the holy grail...

(well actually its a book http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif)

Its the most important foundation and dying in order to save a life is not a waste. it should be considered a honour soldiers die all the time sometimes from friendly fire but if it was not for the greater good then it was for something far greater...

Besides ones persons waste is another persons treasure!!

<span class="ev_code_GREY">[i think shes alive, i shake at the thought of trying to explain away the funeral remarks but im convinced of it]</span>

Poodle_of_Doom
12-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Problem is, she didn't die saving him. He stabbed her.

S-EVANS
12-07-2011, 04:55 PM
i meant in terms of helping him escape in the original and he didnt kil her he was being controlled/forced...

Just light conversation my friend, i been driving all day and wanted to chat. I must admit dom wasnt much help either, wont say shes dead & wont say shes alive (typical)

phoenix-force411
12-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Lucy is DEAD! She was buried in Rome in a small cemetery! Shaun said so if you listen after a certain sequence when you return to the Animus Island!

Agentbarto
12-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Maybe Ubi'll pull a Kara Thrace out of their hats.

Animuses
12-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by joshuathao64:
Lucy is DEAD! She was buried in Rome in a small cemetery! Shaun said so if you listen after a certain sequence when you return to the Animus Island! That's what they want you to think!

S-EVANS
12-07-2011, 06:24 PM
perhaps lucy is also the name of shauns ex wife you should never disregard something...

but it also could be true http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

LightRey
12-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joshuathao64:
Lucy is DEAD! She was buried in Rome in a small cemetery! Shaun said so if you listen after a certain sequence when you return to the Animus Island! That's what they want you to think! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Probably because it's the truth.

goclo822
12-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by joshuathao64:
Lucy is DEAD! She was buried in Rome in a small cemetery! Shaun said so if you listen after a certain sequence when you return to the Animus Island!
This is Assassin's Creed. Since when does concrete evidence like that make it true?!

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN!

S-EVANS
12-07-2011, 06:31 PM
i have to admit i refuse to let her go but i read something that to me is a myth because i dont own a copy, but...

i read that the encylopedia confirms lucy as dead but in the case of subject 16 doesnt confirm hes dead...

however im remaining hopefull

LightRey
12-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by go_clo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joshuathao64:
This is Assassin's Creed. Since when does concrete evidence like that make it true?!

ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Eh, you do realize that the phrase wasn't really intended to apply to that, right?

Let's be realistic here. Though it's most certainly possible Lucy is still alive, all evidence strongly indicates otherwise.

phoenix-force411
12-07-2011, 06:38 PM
I don't now what to think about Lucy anymore! But I'm pretty sure she is dead! The background pretty much sums it up when they were talking! Even Desmond's father was talking about it when he asked Rebecca if they were close! And even Shaun sounded depressing! D:

UrDeviant1
12-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Shaun always sounds depressed.

Agentbarto
12-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by UrDeviant1:
Shaun always sounds depressed.

Ha!!! It's funny because it's truuuue.

AC-FANBOY
12-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Maybe but Subject 16 was talking about being alive back again or something rather. Perhaps he could go to Lucy's body? Sounds extremely crazy but hey.

jmk1999
12-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by AC-FANBOY:
Maybe but Subject 16 was talking about being alive back again or something rather. Perhaps he could go to Lucy's body? Sounds extremely crazy but hey.
that would certainly be a buzzkill to their relationship. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

LightRey
12-08-2011, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by AC-FANBOY:
If Lucy can't live in Lucy's body, neither can S16.

goclo822
12-08-2011, 04:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by go_clo:

Eh, you do realize that the phrase wasn't really intended to apply to that, right?

Let's be realistic here. Though it's most certainly possible Lucy is still alive, all evidence strongly indicates otherwise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know, I was just making a joke.

Originally posted by S-EVANS:
i have to admit i refuse to let her go but i read something that to me is a myth because i dont own a copy, but...

i read that the encylopedia confirms lucy as dead but in the case of subject 16 doesnt confirm hes dead...

however im remaining hopefull
That is a little worrisome. Does the encyclopedia have everything from Revelations? Like does it talk about Yusuf and his death? Cause maybe it was just because they didn't want to spoiler Subject 16s death but Lucy was technically "killed" at the end of Brotherhood.

LightRey
12-08-2011, 04:56 AM
That is a little worrisome. Does the encyclopedia have everything from Revelations? Like does it talk about Yusuf and his death? Cause maybe it was just because they didn't want to spoiler Subject 16s death but Lucy was technically "killed" at the end of Brotherhood.
Well at some points I did find that they left out things in such a way that I suspect it was to avoid spoiling the game, but they do reveal quite a lot of key elements in the Encyclopedia.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-08-2011, 09:18 AM

Like I've said before, six months ago, you all would have swore she was still alive....

Sick_one12
12-08-2011, 09:29 AM
isnt it possible that while Desmond was in a coma and very unstable he may have heared that Rebecca,Shaun and Will said something but since he was so unstable his subconsciousness twisted and changed everything to something Desmond was scared and concerned about? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Could also be a theory,right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
12-08-2011, 09:51 AM
I've been saying that all along. Maybe he was so concerned with having stabbed her that he simply hears that to put the issue to rest. Then he wouldn't have to worry about her dying, or being in Templar hands, tortured, or whatever twisted fantasy his subconcious came up with.

ItzJaSoN24
12-08-2011, 11:52 AM
I don't remember when, but did anyone else hear the conversation between Shaun and Desmond's father early on in the game? If I remember correctly William asked Shaun if he was ok, but Shaun told him that one of his close friends (Lucy) died so no, hes not ok. But yeah, that pretty much confirms it for me.

goclo822
12-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by ItzJaSoN24:
I don't remember when, but did anyone else hear the conversation between Shaun and Desmond's father early on in the game? If I remember correctly William asked Shaun if he was ok, but Shaun told him that one of his close friends (Lucy) died so no, hes not ok. But yeah, that pretty much confirms it for me.
Huh I never got that conversation? Do you remember what point in the game it was that you heard it?

Poodle_of_Doom
12-08-2011, 05:18 PM
I remember them confirming the fact that she's dead, but the conversation didn't happen like that,... at least not for me.

LightRey
12-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by ItzJaSoN24:
I sorta remember a conversation somewhat like that.

SweetsMachineGun
12-08-2011, 08:06 PM
The encyclopedia cites her as dead and Shaun Hastings the only one to attend her funeral.

RzaRecta357
12-08-2011, 11:12 PM
I encyclopedia also says that Desmonds fate is unknown because they didn't want to spoil ACR.

So, I still doubt she's dead. They say she's dead and buried. They don't elaborate on the the sun your son thing or the find eve thing.

We haven't met Consus yet which probably means he's the most important. He was probably the last to survive and the closest to solving what needed to be solved thus his current position that has him going from artifact to body etc... (If he's still doing that.)

Or it means nothing and they stuck it in there just like they stuck in Aquillis or whatever.

Regardless they put lots of focus on family in these games and Desmond and Lucy liking each other. I just think they'll find a way to bring her back or something somehow.

Maybe now, if not that's cool also. But buddy DOES have a glowy arm now so anything can happen.

creedalien
12-09-2011, 12:18 PM
I hope she is dead i hated lucy in ac2 and acb...
its so ugly character..

SweetsMachineGun
12-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by creedalien:
I hope she is dead i hated lucy in ac2 and acb...
its so ugly character..

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif poor Lucy

Skuldpt
12-09-2011, 01:16 PM
I think I have an answer (I think, which is rare):

Aquilus (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Aquilus) I think it may be the next ancestor because of the Ankh (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/The_Ankh), a Piece of Eden capable of healing the sick and temporarily resurrecting the dead.

Good theory, don't you think, and by now, sure I think and believe Lucy is dead because of the clear evidences, but this POE may change everything http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

goclo822
12-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
I encyclopedia also says that Desmonds fate is unknown because they didn't want to spoil ACR.

So, I still doubt she's dead. They say she's dead and buried. They don't elaborate on the the sun your son thing or the find eve thing.

We haven't met Consus yet which probably means he's the most important. He was probably the last to survive and the closest to solving what needed to be solved thus his current position that has him going from artifact to body etc... (If he's still doing that.)

Or it means nothing and they stuck it in there just like they stuck in Aquillis or whatever.

Regardless they put lots of focus on family in these games and Desmond and Lucy liking each other. I just think they'll find a way to bring her back or something somehow.

Maybe now, if not that's cool also. But buddy DOES have a glowy arm now so anything can happen.
Agreed. Regardless whether she is dead or not, I still don't believe they are even close to finishing her storyline. Her character and her relationship with Desmond was built up way too much over the series for them to just drop it like that. I think their reason for not giving us any answers in regards to her in Revelations was because her character and her death is too connected to the over-all storyline and giving away any more then they did would spoil too much.

In my opinion, everything has led up to AC3 and everything is connected in such a way that giving away one thing would give it all away. I think we just need to be patient and wait for everything to blow up in AC3.

Originally posted by Skuldpt:

Aquilus (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Aquilus) I think it may be the next ancestor because of the Ankh (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/The_Ankh), a Piece of Eden capable of healing the sick and temporarily resurrecting the dead.

Good theory, don't you think, and by now, sure I think and believe Lucy is dead because of the clear evidences, but this POE may change everything http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Ooh that is a really good theory! I've never heard of either before but reading those wikia entries about them really makes it seem like that is where they are going with it. It would explain the need for a new ancestor, it ties in with Juno's speech at the end of Brotherhood (the cross darkening the horizon maybe being the 'Brothers of the Cross' that were mentioned) and the possible last location it was seen was Monteriggioni.

Skuldpt
12-09-2011, 04:24 PM
^Exactly, glad to know you understand my theory, and if I'm right, my head is going to pop out!

Poodle_of_Doom
12-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Skuldpt:

I love this theory. I wonder if this, and the shroud, may come togethor to play an even more significant role.

YuurHeen
12-10-2011, 01:25 AM
So a zombie lucy? damm then she is going to be even uglier and even desmond wont have her :P

Skuldpt
12-10-2011, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by YuurHeen:
So a zombie lucy? damm then she is going to be even uglier and even desmond wont have her :P

She wasn't that much ugly IMO.

And on the Aquillus story, have seen the locations? So far fits with everything! I think I discovered it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

ashassin96
12-10-2011, 06:52 AM
I thought Lucy was hawt! At least, Kristen Bell is.

I like these theories, that maybe Desmond's subconcious is twisting in guilt making him think Shaun said she was dead, or maybe WE were made to think she was dead. If Shaun just said "we buried Lucy" maybe it wasn't literal, buried her records, or her identity. Any of this seem likely?

CanterburyTales
12-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Perhaps Lucy really is dead as dead can be, but Desmond will find the Shroud of Eden and, with it, bring her back. Unlike others who have tried to use it for the purposes of resurrection, he'll actually succeed because of his heritage.

Anyway, I've read somewhere online that Lucy was killed off because Kristen Bell left the series, but, despite searching, I have not seen this corroborated anywhere else.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Who knows? As many have said before, there just seems to have been to much hype, and build up, for her to "just be dead", just like that, without much explanation. Granted, they may be saving it for AC3. None the less though, they built up her character, her relationship with Desmond, and her relationship with the storyline over the course of three games, and destroyed it all in a 2 minute cut scene from ACB + a few lines of speech from ACR.... that's one hell of an anticlimatic development.

goclo822
12-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by CanterburyTales:
Anyway, I've read somewhere online that Lucy was killed off because Kristen Bell left the series, but, despite searching, I have not seen this corroborated anywhere else.
I've heard rumors like that too but AC was always planned as a trilogy. Don't you think they would have contracted her for all the games right from the start if they had plans for her character? Unless they found a loophole in the contract and she got out of it because the game ran longer then 3 games.

Who knows? As many have said before, there just seems to have been to much hype, and build up, for her to "just be dead", just like that, without much explanation. Granted, they may be saving it for AC3. None the less though, they built up her character, her relationship with Desmond, and her relationship with the storyline over the course of three games, and destroyed it all in a 2 minute cut scene from ACB + a few lines of speech from ACR.... that's one hell of an anticlimatic development.
Exactly. I can't see them just dropping her character after so much development. Especially if they knew Kristen Bell wanted out of the series.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-10-2011, 03:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CanterburyTales:
I've heard rumors like that too but AC was always planned as a trilogy. Don't you think they would have contracted her for all the games right from the start if they had plans for her character? Unless they found a loophole in the contract and she got out of it because the game ran longer then 3 games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've heard the rumor too. However, the only place I've heard it was here, on these forums. There's really nothing substantial too it, at least not that I've seen. As to any validity to it, who knows when, or if we'll be able to prove it.

phantom6462
04-20-2013, 11:58 PM
That is a good theory, BUT, Juno is a heartless cazzo anyway, she didn't care. Think about it, Juno is from the highly advanced first civilization, i'm sure she could've found another way to put Desmond in shock and get Lucy's DNA without killing her.

phantom6462
04-20-2013, 11:59 PM
It was early, very early into revelations.

phantom6462
04-21-2013, 12:06 AM

ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN!

Nothing is true, Everything is permitted. "To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our own actions, and we must live with our actions, whether glorious or tragic."
Please use it correctly next time, but I get what you're saying.

Assassin_M
04-21-2013, 12:12 AM
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted. "To say nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our own actions, and we must live with our actions, whether glorious or tragic."
Please use it correctly next time, but I get what you're saying.
you brought back an almost 2 year old thread ? really ? what you quoted was before ACR was released -__-

AvK KiNgKoBrA
04-21-2013, 04:21 AM
you brought back an almost 2 year old thread ? really ? what you quoted was before ACR was released -__-

How'd he even find this lol