PDA

View Full Version : FORGET THE JAPAN IDEA!!!

misusel
05-07-2011, 02:25 AM
For God shake UBI make an officcial announcement that Assassins creed wont happened in japan..!ok the buildings r ok but this isnt enough!!!these series have an idea, a plan, a stracture...ninjas r payed killers(japanese) and assassins r members of a creed with very high purpose (mostly iranians or arabs).there r many games with ninjas go everybody and play them, this is something new and they will always ( i hope!) make it look new!
goodmorning everybody..!

Pattington_Bear
05-07-2011, 02:31 AM
This topic has already been covered time and time again and topics like this get locked, please use this thread.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/6831010868 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)

misusel
05-07-2011, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Pattington_Bear:
This topic has already been covered time and time again and topics like this get locked, please use this thread.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/6831010868 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868) the thread u sent has 50 pages. i knew that its been told again but i see it in many forums"what about feudal japan, whats wrong with feudal japan?"and i find it VVVVVVVERY stupid a kind of a game so awesome like this one some boys to wish to make it another ninja game to play with the sticks..!

persiateddy95
05-07-2011, 03:14 AM
If you had read properly you would know it won't be in Japan. Since it's not AC3 I don't know why people ask for it to be in Japan.

Any different country would happen in AC3, not in a game with more Ezio/Altair.

misusel
05-07-2011, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by persiateddy95:
If you had read properly you would know it won't be in Japan. Since it's not AC3 I don't know why people ask for it to be in Japan.

Any different country would happen in AC3, not in a game with more Ezio/Altair. u didnt read properly a 3 lines post, how can i read a 50 pages thread..?i know that it wont happened in japan i just want to kung fu nerds to know it..!

persiateddy95
05-07-2011, 03:25 AM
What 50 pages thread? As far as I know you just have to go to the stickied thread at the top on the first page and it says: " It is a perilous path – one that will take Ezio to Constantinople, the heart of the Ottoman Empire".

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...024/m/2681097429/p/1 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2681097429/p/1)

misusel
05-07-2011, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by persiateddy95:
What 50 pages thread? As far as I know you just have to go to the stickied thread at the top on the first page and it says: " It is a perilous path – one that will take Ezio to Constantinople, the heart of the Ottoman Empire".

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...024/m/2681097429/p/1 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2681097429/p/1) I KNO-W THAT WONT HA-PPE-NED IN JA-PAN, I SAW A-GI-A SO-FIA AND I UN-DER-STOOD THAT IS CON-STA-NTINOU-PO-LI, I WANT THE O-THERS WHO STILL SA-Y "WE WANT JA-PAN" TO KNO-W IT!!!!!!
OK..?

PhiIs1618033
05-07-2011, 10:36 AM
He wishes it to be known that Japan isn't a proper location for an Assassin's Creed game. He thinks people asking for Japan are dumb.
That's all there is to it.

SPROGGY
05-07-2011, 10:39 AM
I hope the next one is in Japan http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

rain89c
05-07-2011, 10:45 AM
I hope AC3 is set either in Imperial China or Fuedal Japan. IT's a good change in scenery compared to what we've experienced so far.

EnXess
05-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by misusel:
For God shake UBI make an officcial announcement that Assassins creed wont happened in japan..!ok the buildings r ok but this isnt enough!!!these series have an idea, a plan, a stracture...ninjas r payed killers(japanese) and assassins r members of a creed with very high purpose (mostly iranians or arabs).there r many games with ninjas go everybody and play them, this is something new and they will always ( i hope!) make it look new!
goodmorning everybody..!
You find the idea stupid? Well I find you stupid.

Who ever said that just because the game is set in Japan and has Japanese characters they have to be Ninjas? That's borderline racist whether you meant it or not. Assassins are Assassins and Ninjas are Ninjas. The Assassin Order is also worldwide, not just Europe and East Asia.

TwentyGlyphs
05-07-2011, 11:27 AM
I think Japan would be kind of cool, and they might work it into a Subject 16 backstory game eventually. But I think the series was really built with European-style cities in mind for free-running. I think they're going to have to work on a modified style of locomotion to accommodate some different locations and time periods, and that can't really happen until they have time to really work that out.

I think the main culprit here is everyone assumed that a Japanese setting was being hinted at when they saw the glyphs on the floor and wall at the end of the first game. Those glyphs relate to the overall 2012 mystery and weren't clues for the next game at all. But because it's an intriguing location everyone has latched onto this Japan theory for 3.5 years and keep getting disappointed when it doesn't happen.

rain89c
05-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Nope, most people just want Japan or China for the change of exotic scenery and the option to play as a realistic Ninja or seeing ancient Japanese life-style.

And what gave you the idea AC was set for a Euro mind set?
AC1 had an Arabian theme.

itsamea-mario
05-07-2011, 12:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by persiateddy95:

Any different country would happen in AC3, not in a game with more Ezio/Altair. u didnt read properly a 3 lines post, how can i read a 50 pages thread..?i know that it wont happened in japan i just want to kung fu nerds to know it..! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Kung Fu is chinese, just sayin.

Besides Japan was and always will be a bad idea.

kriegerdesgottes
05-07-2011, 12:58 PM
goodmorning everybody..!

Thank you sir. You are my new hero. I don't know why I didn't make this thread a long time ago. JAPAN IS NOT REALISTIC also it would be downright stupid!!!! oh get it ninjas, assassin's hey wouldn't it be cool if like assassin's were ninjas? NO ******S it would not be. the story would make zero sense. why in the world would desmond's ancestors who we are know are Italians go to Japan of all places to live? Japan being a country where foreigners were strictly forbidden, even killed for going there at all for the longest time. and then on top of it all the sudden Desmond turns out to be American. Stop talking about Japan it won't happen! nor should it!

Assassinsyk
05-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Why in the world would desmond's ancestors who we are know are Italians go to Japan of all places to live?

Because of a PoE.

Japan being a country where foreigners were strictly forbidden, even killed for going there at all for the longest time.

Sounds pretty damn exciting. Might I even say, a great game setting. We are to stealth and deceive, no?

and then on top of it all the sudden Desmond turns out to be American.

He, or his family really don´t need any Japanese inheritance to go there for some reason. I´ve said it before: if Japan wasn´t a good idea both game wise and within the story, Japan wouldn´t have been on the UBI poll for what we´d like to see/play. They know what they´re doing. They would rock Japan.

Ureh
05-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Thank you sir. You are my new hero. I don't know why I didn't make this thread a long time ago. JAPAN IS NOT REALISTIC also it would be downright stupid!!!! oh get it ninjas, assassin's hey wouldn't it be cool if like assassin's were ninjas? NO ******S it would not be. the story would make zero sense. why in the world would desmond's ancestors who we are know are Italians go to Japan of all places to live? Japan being a country where foreigners were strictly forbidden, even killed for going there at all for the longest time. and then on top of it all the sudden Desmond turns out to be American. Stop talking about Japan it won't happen! nor should it!

Same reason why Altair went to Mongolia? It has nothing to do with race. Assassins go wherever a mission calls them. If there is something happening in Japan, you can bet that the Assassin will be there (and I repeat, they don't all have to be Japanese if that bothers some of you so much).

And when you put it that way (about how people were forbidden from entering the country) it actually sounds reasonable that Assassins from other countries would go to help their Japanese counterparts. And just because some people want Assassins to start dressing in black and throwing shurikans, it doesn't mean it has to be that way. And I fail to see how it would be unrealistic for the AC universe to take place in Japan? Not only does it make sense, but the entire AC franchise is filled with unrealistic stuff. What's the different between landing in a bale of Italian hay and landing in a bale of Japanese cherry blossoms?

It's been a while since I've read any history books but if I remember correctly there was even a period in Japan where Europeans and Yanks started invading Asian countries. It believe that also marked the end of feudal life in Japan and the beginning of the their industrial age.

I'm neither for or against the idea of an AC game in Japan. It's up to the devs (and writers). If they think that's where they want to take the story, great. If not, so what?