PDA

View Full Version : ACM

Trinity_Jay
04-11-2008, 05:40 AM
You guys are the first to the front cover for Air Combat Manoeuvres, a new book on air fighting for flight simulations. More details to follow.

The book will be hardback and paperback, to be on shelves for November 2008.

Schwarz.13
04-11-2008, 05:56 AM
Hi Trinity_Jay,

Is this the book that someone (yourself?) started a 'Give it a Title' competition here a while ago???

It looks like it might be an essential purchase!

Do you have anymore details - f.e. where it will be available to buy (US only)?

Any chance of a peek at a 'sample page'?

Thanks

F0_Dark_P
04-11-2008, 06:02 AM
bump to that!

real shame if i wont be able to get it in Sweden!

That book is a must, really essential if you are a virtual pilot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bearcat99
04-11-2008, 06:17 AM
Nice.... LOL.. I read your other post and was saying... "Ok now where is the update? LOL... Looks good.. So I am thinking this will go farther than In Pursuit... which was another good one.

Lurch1962
04-11-2008, 06:39 PM
The artwork should include a couple of WWI bipes down low, to round out the history of air combat. Er, I assume the book will be equally valid in most respects for the wood 'n canvas set?

zardozid
04-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Lurch1962:
The artwork should include a couple of WWI bipes down low, to round out the history of air combat. Er, I assume the book will be equally valid in most respects for the wood 'n canvas set?

What about jets?

p.s. The cover looks great!

How much will it set us back? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Choctaw111
04-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Looks pretty good. November eh? Where will it be sold? Bookstores or an internet/Amazon only type of thing?

Trinity_Jay
04-14-2008, 04:24 AM
Hey All!

Costs, etc, will be issued shortly and all good bookshops will stock it. Mail order is also available.

Just received confirmation that Capt. Eric Brown will also contribute with an interview on IL-2 and other sims. If you have a question or two, I'd be delighted to pose them to Mr Brown.

Jay