PDA

View Full Version : Im confuuuuused.

Numi423
10-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Is brotherhood a DLC that goes with AC2?

It can't possibly be it's own game can it? A whole game in 8 months or so? I mean at the end of AC2 I was so pumped about this series cuz it was getting cooler and cooler and moving on. Then I hear about this which is the SAME thing as AC2 with a couple tweaks and multiplayer...oh ye and horses.

I love where the AC story line is headed and i hate that i have to spend money on the same game i already bought in order to get all of it. Is Ubisoft just trying to milk us of cash with afew reskins and tweaks or is this actually DLC that is cheaper then $60.

dreamofmirrors7
10-12-2010, 01:17 AM
This is a 100% brand new full game, that is a direct sequel to ACII.

bearsbball11
10-12-2010, 02:24 AM
This is a full length single player campaign to go with the multi-player. You spend almost the entire game in Rome, the fighting mechanics have been revamped, and (obviously) Ezio's story is continued. It's a stand alone single player game, as it should be.

Xanatos2007
10-12-2010, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by dreamofmirrors7:
This is a 100% brand new full game, that is a direct sequel to ACII.
It's not a sequel, otherwise they'd call it ACIII. It's just a standalone game like Bearsbball said.

Numi423
10-12-2010, 03:25 AM
Just seems like this should really all be DLC...

bearsbball11
10-12-2010, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Numi423:
Why? It's a full length game... It is NOT just an add on to AC2

dreamofmirrors7
10-12-2010, 04:45 AM
No, it is a DIRECT SEQUEL, continuing Ezio's storyline. Just because it isn't numbered doesn't mean it isn't a sequel. In fact, AC:B is more a sequel to ACII than ACII is to AC.

davo1270
10-12-2010, 04:56 AM
AC2~20 hours long
ACB~15 hours long

ACB is its own game, it just finishes up Ezio's story to prepare for the next ancestor in AC3

...and ACB is probably gonna have much more replay value and content then AC2, and the Brotherhood that you control will also be an entirely new system

Mr_Shade
10-12-2010, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by bearsbball11:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Numi423:
Why? It's a full length game... It is NOT just an add on to AC2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Indeed...

The size of the DLC down would be HUGE for one.. the beta is over 3GB just for what we have..

The game comes with a full single player campaign, approx 15hours as well as the new multiplayer modes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Additions to gameplay, new combat, new areas to explore..

If it was DLC.. dread to think how much it would cost http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

For more info on the game - check out the official site: www.assassinscreed.com (http://www.assassinscreed.com)

DeafAtheist
10-12-2010, 07:03 AM
It's been more than 8 months too. Even if you only count from when AC2 was released until ACB comes out that's a YEAR. But ACB was likely already in pre-production before AC2 was released. Game developers start working on a game MONTHS before they announce it to the public.

SteelCity999
10-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
It's been more than 8 months too. Even if you only count from when AC2 was released until ACB comes out that's a YEAR. But ACB was likely already in pre-production before AC2 was released. Game developers start working on a game MONTHS before they announce it to the public.

To your point, I think it was mentioned somwhere ACB was actually in production during AC2. During the course of the research they realised they had too much story for one game and since much, if not all, the pre-production was done during AC2 they cut down alot of time between releases. Another thing, I read somewhere was that alot more studios are involved in getting ACB out the door than AC2. Ubi Montreal is only the hub of the production.

itsamea-mario
10-12-2010, 09:45 AM
i hope they wait a while before ACIII, i reckon 2012 would be suitable, considering when the modern aspect is set.

Ok here's how i think of it, AC:B is a sequel/ continuation of AC2, but however not a true prequel to AC3.
imagine it like this, the AC franchise is a road, along the main road is AC1, 2, 3, and branching out from these points are other smaller roads, e.g, bloodlines. and coming away from AC2 is a slightly larger road than all the other ones, this is ACB, but it doesn't lead to ACIII.

bloodlines etc' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' Brotherhood etc.
/'''''''''' '' '' '' '' '''' '' '' '' '' '' '' ''//
AC---------------------ACII-----------------------ACIII.

i'm sure that could probably be simpler.

extrememuffin
10-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
i hope they wait a while before ACIII, i reckon 2012 would be suitable, considering when the modern aspect is set.

Ok here's how i think of it, AC:B is a sequel/ continuation of AC2, but however not a true prequel to AC3.
imagine it like this, the AC franchise is a road, along the main road is AC1, 2, 3, and branching out from these points are other smaller roads, e.g, bloodlines. and coming away from AC2 is a slightly larger road than all the other ones, this is ACB, but it doesn't lead to ACIII.

bloodlines etc' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' Brotherhood etc.
/'''''''''' '' '' '' '' '''' '' '' '' '' '' '' ''//
AC---------------------ACII-----------------------ACIII.

i'm sure that could probably be simpler.

using your road anology i think its more like AC 1,2,and 3 are the main road and Ubisoft is doing construction on the road between 2 and 3 to make the road longer.

itsamea-mario
10-12-2010, 10:38 AM
spose, maybe a pit stop, or optional petrol/gas station.

NewBlade200
10-12-2010, 04:49 PM
it is a full game, but it is more like ac2 part 2. ac2 didnnt have enough time to finish ezio's story, so they started a new game before ac2 was released. i would guess that they waited until they had feedback from their fans to properly work on the the gameplay. once they felt they knew their objective, they announced the game to the public at e3. they worked on fixing the problems, and are most likely done by now with the single player, if theyre not polishing the last bits off. think of it as assassins creed 2 part 2. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Puppet627
10-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Brotherhood is a sequel because it continues from the second game, following Ezio but I'd rather call it an expansion. Just like how Dragon Age: Origins had Awakening..
My guess is Ubi just wanted to round off Ezio's story without calling it Assassin's Creed III.

Numi423
10-13-2010, 01:31 AM
I mean thats cool and all, i loved Ezio and the story as well as the rest of the game. I just think it to be robbery if they charge the price of a brand new game what is essentially an expansion. Its like SF4 came out then SSF4 a lil later, cept they had the decency to cut the price a bit.

bearsbball11
10-13-2010, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bearsbball11:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Numi423:
Why? It's a full length game... It is NOT just an add on to AC2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Indeed...

The size of the DLC down would be HUGE for one.. the beta is over 3GB just for what we have..

The game comes with a full single player campaign, approx 15hours as well as the new multiplayer modes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Additions to gameplay, new combat, new areas to explore..

If it was DLC.. dread to think how much it would cost http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

For more info on the game - check out the official site: www.assassinscreed.com (http://www.assassinscreed.com) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please read that Numi. Explains why it would be ridiculous for it to be DLC