PDA

View Full Version : Finishing missions in the 4.04m campaign.

entropyjones
05-19-2007, 09:44 AM
I have the merged PF ab whatever install.

I have been having a problem with the campaign missions for as long as I've owned this game. It's a very strange problem and I just can't resolve it.

Basically I can't figure out what goes into determining whether or not you get to go on after the mission or you have to redo it.

My current campaign is USAAF. I'm only a couple missions in. Still on the defend/scramble stuff. This is how my latest mission went.

So we take off. Kill some bad guys. I personally kill 2 fighters. I circle around the base with my flight until all blues have left our part of the map.

My flight starts it's landing procedure/pattern. I cut to the head of the line and land early. I hit escape and quit the mission.

All I got is refly... I can't go forward!

Is there a setting where I can make the campaign less strict? It seems to me that all missions are going to have varying levels of success.

With that said, shouldn't the campaign just go on as long as I'm not dead, captured, or wounded? I think it should.

In fact really the campaign could have dead/captured/wounded/mustered out/enlisted up/various as valid ending's. Saving the records and stuff could be neat.

But that is beside the point.

Please help me fix this problem. This is the reason why I think I tabled the game in the first place. I don't want to keep flying the same missions over and over again.

entropyjones
05-19-2007, 09:44 AM
I have the merged PF ab whatever install.

I have been having a problem with the campaign missions for as long as I've owned this game. It's a very strange problem and I just can't resolve it.

Basically I can't figure out what goes into determining whether or not you get to go on after the mission or you have to redo it.

My current campaign is USAAF. I'm only a couple missions in. Still on the defend/scramble stuff. This is how my latest mission went.

So we take off. Kill some bad guys. I personally kill 2 fighters. I circle around the base with my flight until all blues have left our part of the map.

My flight starts it's landing procedure/pattern. I cut to the head of the line and land early. I hit escape and quit the mission.

All I got is refly... I can't go forward!

Is there a setting where I can make the campaign less strict? It seems to me that all missions are going to have varying levels of success.

With that said, shouldn't the campaign just go on as long as I'm not dead, captured, or wounded? I think it should.

In fact really the campaign could have dead/captured/wounded/mustered out/enlisted up/various as valid ending's. Saving the records and stuff could be neat.

But that is beside the point.

Please help me fix this problem. This is the reason why I think I tabled the game in the first place. I don't want to keep flying the same missions over and over again.

crucislancer
05-19-2007, 10:08 AM
First off, welcome to the forums!

I'm guessing that when you set up the difficulty for your campaign, you left "No Instant Success" checked (i.e. light is on). Since you can't modify difficulty after starting a campaign, you will need to delete the current one and restart, which isn't a big deal since you are on the first mission. Uncheck that "No Instant Success" option (on the second page of difficulty options). That way, you can advance to the next mission at any time by hitting escape and clicking the "Apply" button. Even if you did nothing but sit on the landing strip.

Some of the missions tend to have objectives that are hidden. You might have to destroy one particular thing, or a percentage of something, but you really have no idea until you you get the "Mission Complete" message during the mission.

I hope that helps. It's a fantastic game, and it would be a bummer if you decided to shelve the game again.