PDA

View Full Version : about DM.

fordfan25
06-03-2005, 06:25 PM
iv noticed two things. one is that it seems the AI DM is deffernt than online player aircraft. has any one else noticed any deff.

also it SEEMS like to me the FW190 are alot tougher to bring down than eather the p-47 or the F4-U. is that realistic? of course im sure some one will disagree please feel free to but lets do so nicely http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PBNA-Boosher
06-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Fw-190 realistically was just as tough a plane as the P-47, maybe a bit weaker than Corsy at some pts, but also stronger in some others.

Yes, all aspect of AI DM and FM is lessly programmed than the players. This is to save computing time and let you enjoy the game more. From what I've heard, this is eliminated in 4.0.

LStarosta
06-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Boosher, and you know this how?

I'm not meaning to b1tch, but it's exactly these kinds of statements and beliefs that ruin this game.

"Hey, WTF, I always thought plane X was superior to plane Z... Plane Z is overmodelled. Please unpork my plane X."

fordfan25
06-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by LStarosta:
Boosher, and you know this how?

I'm not meaning to b1tch, but it's exactly these kinds of statements and beliefs that ruin this game.

"Hey, WTF, I always thought plane X was superior to plane Z... Plane Z is overmodelled. Please unpork my plane X."

so what are you tring to say? lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

faustnik
06-03-2005, 10:56 PM
I think Boosher made every bit of that post up.

The P-47 was a very structurally strong plane. You can visit the Fw190 Consortium below for a good P-47 info thread. The Fw190 was also a tough, well build, well armored a/c.

In PF the P-47 just has too many non-historic weak points. The worst being the amazingly fragile R-2800 and the very weak tail. If those were fixed it would really help.

BBB_Hyperion
06-04-2005, 12:55 AM
Playerplanes have complex DM AI planes not.

Lixma
06-04-2005, 03:24 AM
What bugs me is people complaining about their 'historically strong' aircraft not being able to take huge amounts of hits all the time without failing in some way.

Just because a particular aircraft 'could' have got home with tons of damage doesn't mean it 'must'.